Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hey Susie~ First, I was totally kidding around about the "out-ing" and I realize now my little comment may have come off wrong since you all can't hear my tone. So, oops, sorry about that. :oops: Second... I absolutely knew it was an unintentional slip! But seriously... whose idea was it to start living some kind of double life with a silly secret identity anyway?? Oh, yeah, I remember...it was mine!! :lol: At least now that there are three Chris-somethings running around, I have a distinctive nickname. 8-)

So anyway, thanks for the recipe & here's the quote... :P

Susie wrote:Hi Girls -
I had a fantastic day with my friend Mary. We went to the apple orchard... ...

Christine - You are definitely a nice addition to our sisterhood! I hope the cake turns out to be spectacular and that you give your hubs extra birthday kisses (try to mirror the Dartmouth Bella Edward first kiss, OK?)
(PS- thank you for your sweet words and I yes, i will always endeavor to re-create that kiss. It was once in a lifetime. ;) )
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Evening my girlies! It took me a little longer to get online tonight than I planned. I finally had my nails taken off from Gala and the wedding and I'm having to use two products to strengthen them as they were left really thin and brittle. By the time it was applied and dried, voila, the evening is gone.

Anyways, thought I'd check in right quick before I hit the fanfic...

Christine~ I can't believe you didn't believe that Rob was the beautiful voice behind Never Think & Let Me Sign!! I do remember being delightfully surprised watching the piano scene and realizing that Rob was actually playing Bella's Lullaby It's one of the gifts of Rob, that connection between he and Edward. It's also one that I'm hoping that Bill Condon is finally smart enough to really play up. I'm sorry that others were rude to you on your HP board. It irks me when people pay more attention to a persons number versus their actual intelligence.

Shauni~ YAYAYAYAYAYYYY!!! I'm so glad to see you back!! Of course we love Ms Kristen here. If nothing else, Rob loves her and that's reason enough. :D

Ginnie~ Aww, thanks. I'm glad to be home.

Christina~ The answer to your question is absolutely NOTHING. There is everything to love about the man. Hence why we are all here. I don't even think you can stop at quadruple. I mean, the list just goes on and on and on and on and on and on.

Susie~ Ugh. I'm so sorry for the work nastiness. That's just blech. I'm glad you are enjoying your reread. I haven't reread it recently. I've been caught up in some serious fanfic addictions of late. But I'm definitely feeling the need to do a Saga reread soon. I much prefer Apple Cider warm and with a cinnamon stick, held in hands chilled by a crisp breeze. But, mother nature seems to be toying with me and denying me a fall. I know, I know. I'm the last person who should be saying such things. But, at least I did point out that insanity to Sandy. :lol: But, who knows/ Maybe we can help each other hold out.

Okay, off to fanfic land. The girls at RAoR have me itching to reread Lola's VampElla trilogy. So little time....

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Evening, Girlies! I have been sitting here for the past hour reading your posts and jotting down notes for replies while nodding off every few minutes. Soooo, I'm going to have to leave you girls with the ultimate cliffie....

YES... ChurchRob called today, but...

I'll be back tomorrow night with the rest of the story. Parent Teacher Conference Day was long and I'm beat. Night!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies.

Missp~ Seriously? :shock: You're killing me. How can you leave us with such a cliffie?! :D Hope you get some rest and that your parent/teacher conferences went well today. Any irate or annoying parents to deal with?

Brienna~ Great to see you lurking! Hope you're feeling better, hon. I also hope you get the chance to meet Marielle at the Deathly Hallows movie.

Marielle~ Sorry for the cold, rainy weather you're expriencing. I bet it just makes you want to snuggle up under a blanket on the couch and read some good fanfic.

Jaclyn~ Thanks for the spoilers on Paranormal Activity 2. It sounds very creepy and hubs and I'll have to rent it when it's available on DVD. I remember seeing the Paranormal previews at Eclipse, and most of the theater screamed at all the appropriate times.

Sandy~ Congratulations to your 8th grader for making the cheerleading squad! You had quite the busy weekend....how do you keep up with it all: the basketball raffle, softball party, cheerleading get-together? “Calgon.....take me awwaaaaaaaaaay.” :lol: I'm so glad to hear your MIL is recovering well from her surgery. Is she at home yet? Keep us posted on things with your daughter's counseling—hope all goes well.

Caryn~ I'm loving your more frequent posts around the Halfway House, now that you're "back". We'll probably burn through at least one more page each day, just with your posts alone. :D Enjoy your PJ Day, and take time to catch up on fanfic, or a Twilight or New Moon viewing, or a reread of any of the four books. We're having weird weather around here too and I've decided that we'll most likely skip fall this year. It was nearly 80 degrees here as well, with tornado warnings last night, and severe weather predicted for tomorrow. :? I'd love to see Bill Condon utilize Rob's piano playing skills in Breaking Dawn. I wish there was some way they'd resurrect Bella's lullaby. What if they placed a beautiful black baby grand piano at the house on Isle Esme. Can you just picture a shirtless Robward playing piano for Bella on their honeymoon? Can you picture what that particular scene might transition into? 8-)

Chrissy~ I think all of us here at the Halfway House also love Rob's voice. He just sounds so bluesy, soulful, and as if he's truly singing from his heart. As much as I cringe at some of the things Catherine Hardwicke did to Twilight, I absolutely love the song placement of both “Never Think” and “Let Me Sign” in the movie, and thought each song brought such authenticity to those particular scenes. I agree with Susie's smart words of advice about getting to know some of your classmates. Are there any opportunities to participate in group projects and/or study groups? Are there any classmates you might enjoy spending additional time with, outside of class? I wondered if the particular website you were referring to might be the forums over on Mugglenet? I've lurked over there from time to time, but was never able to get myself validated, for some reason. I do remember thinking that some of the threads seemed a bit “cliquish”, especially when folks had been posting for ages.

Shauni~ Hi girl! It's great to hear from you. I hope you're enjoying school and your classes this semester. Loved the pictures of Kristen—she did look beautiful at both of those events. She always rocks those strapless, short dresses like no one else can. Her legs just seem to go on for miles, especially with the killer heels she wears. She looked very striking with the bright red lipstick she rarely seems to wear. I'm sure Rob's hair will be appropriately Edwardish, just in time for the movie. Let's start a “No Wig for Rob” campaign, just in case. :lol:

Ginnie~ Glad your hubs had a wonderful birthday celebration. Lovely birthday cake, by the way—sounded delicious too. Thanks for posting the link to the Epicurious website; I'll definitely check it out. I seem to be in somewhat of a cooking/food prep rut these days, especially where the kids are concerned.

Christina~ Thanks for the update on EP. I'll just keep patiently waiting to resume my reading until both epilogues are posted.

Susie~ I'm so sorry about the issues at your work, hon. I can't imagine who (or why) anyone would be nasty to you....but I hope you know that we've got your back, no matter what. :D At least it appears that nearly half of Sonny Boy's yearly tuition would be covered. Will those particular grants be renewed from year to year, as long as he maintains a certain G.P.A.? You asked about our church retreat...it was a family event for all ages. The adults had our own programming for several hours Saturday morning, and the youth and children did their own thing as well. It was located at a Methodist camp/lodge/facility in a beautiful hilly area towards Chattanooga. We hiked Saturday afternoon with the kids and several other families, and ate, played, visited, and relaxed. Sunday worship took place outdoors in the lovely fall weather. Here we are. I think one of the best parts about the retreat is this: it gives you a chance to share fellowship with people you don't always have the time to when you hurry in and out of church on Sunday mornings, or to and from choir practice on Wednesday nights. It was nice to have time to just....be. ;)

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

Hihi, yesterday I finally cleaned out my closet…I bought a big box to put all my summer clothes in so I have space for sweaters and cardigans…I came to the shocking conclusion that I don’t have many sweaters…so I have to get some…and I need cool winter dresses…
Anyways the shop were I bought the box must have a twi-hard working there, they also sold picture frames and they have a wall full of show samples all of them were filled with Twilight posters…it was like Rob heaven in the middle of a boring store…

Chrissy, I do have two guitars and I love to play with them but I’m no good…
I think we are alike with the music thing, I wouldn’t know how to wake up with out my music, not gets me going than a bit of Metallica or HIM in the morning…loud and noisy…

BTW, having a Chrissy and A Christina is messing up my brain…can somebody please edit the list so I can actually talk to the right person…

Ginny, wow that cake is asking for a bite out of it,…it looks really nice…

Velvet409 (sorry but I’m going to suck at keeping Chrissy and Christine apart), anyways, the differences in dvd’s get me quite angry…I know for NM there were like three different versions in the US alone, here in Holland we got one, France had a different one, I know Sweden had a three dvd box with a lot of specials…I mean just go by one with everything on it…

Susie, That’s why we are here for to keep everybody happy…
I agree with you on the BD2 issue, I don’t see them keeping it a secret for an other year…besides I still do not see why part two can’t be released in the summer, like with HP1 & 2…6 months waiting for part 2 is long enough.

Tracy, the weather just general sucks in Holland, it’s either too cold or too rainy in the winter…I’m just praying that the winter will be over soon…I’m happy I got the HP premiere to keep me focused…just like last year with NM, I can focus in the excitement for the movie and not slip into a major winter depression…
Maybe Rob should do a new sexy shoot, might help as well…

Shauni, thanks for the beautiful pictures, I agree with you that Rob in no way ever should wear a wig, but I think he'll use his own hair, in Eclipse Edward's hair was quite a bit shorter than in Twilight...so I don't think they will make a big issue out of it...besides I really don't see Rob agreeing on wearing a wig...

OMG, this will wake you up
More set pics...the Cullen house in the making

I got something nice to start the day with, with big thanks to RAoR...thanks ladies... ;)

Edit, Normally I don't like the gossip 'the Sun' publishes but this one is cute...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Afternoon everyone,

I've read trhough all your posts but don't have enough time to make decent replies... sorry!!

Sandy - That's great your eldest made the junior high cheer squad!! Sorry to hear she is still having panic attacks - I hope counselling will help her out.

Chrissy - I'm an Aries ;)

Shauni! Hey girl!! Sorry that you have a backache :( I hope you feel better enough today to go to school to do your physics lab.. I didn't really like physics either. I'm totally a biology (and chemistry) girl! :lol:
Kristen did indeed look gorgeous! I completely agree about Rob's HH not being complete without some Kristen!

Ginnie - Wow, that's pretty concidental that you have pretty much the same name as Chrissy & Christina!
That cake looks great!! Aww, how do you feel about your hubs wanting another kid?? :lol:

Susie - Sorry to hear about your work..that's really nasty of someone to be mean to you. Espeically since you are one of the nicest people I have ever met!!! (no joke, I'm not just trying to make you feel better - it's actually true!). I'm glad coming on here cheered you up a little :)

missp - Haha, you can tell that you are a writer!! ;) Can't wait to hear you ChurchRob story!

Tracy - Your weekend away sounds like it was lovely! You have a very beautiful family - you all look so happy!!

To everyone I missed: HELLO! :D

Hopefully I will get on tonight and make a better post. Work is calling now so gotta run! Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good Tuesday morning, all!! I'm slightly more goofy than normal this am because it's my last day of work for a week! Honestly, looking out my window, I wish I'd taken today off. It's a total sofa day. It's windy as all get out and overcast and the perfect day to curl up on the sofa and just watch the world go by. Hmmm.... I choose...this sofa.

Tonise~ Cliffie indeed!! Well, now we’ll all be waiting to hear the end of that story.

Tracy~ *cough* *splutter* *whimper* Good gods, woman!! Are you trying to kill me?? The very image of Rob touching an instrument, let alone playing it, sends me into fits of fantasy. The image of RobWard playing for his beautiful bride in their tropical paradise… sweet Jesus’ sandal straps! Then you go and top it off with…. Rob…shirtless…piano…THUD!!

Marielle~ Oooooh, how very nice. Shopping whilst surrounded by RobWard. That might make it fairly tolerable for me (I’m not a shopper by nature). That picture is from the MTV show The Buried Life. Apparently, one of their “challenges” was to get a lock of Rob’s hair!!! I couldn’t believe it when I was reading about it, but it sounds like Rob was a good sport about the whole thing, probably adding it to his list of, “I seriously can’t believe some of the crazy crap people come up with where I’m concerned,” moments. <LOL> But, looking at the picture, it appears to me maybe from the TCAs back in August. So, no worries that they interrupted the Edwardizing process.

Jaclyn~ *waves* Hey to you too, girl.

Alright, must be off at this point. The weather here is wonkier than yesterday, with tornado warnings and big storms. But remember, global warming is a myth. *shakes head*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a very lovely and productive day.

My day has gotten off to a very ugly start. In the shower this morning I had a bad slip and hurt my left knee. On the only pair of pants I ironed last night, to wear today, I made the mistake of wasting milk on them. I had to rush and get something else. I poked myself in the eye with my mascara brush. I ride a public transportation bus to another shuttle bus stop because I go to school in a different town. Well, my first bus decided to be about 17 minutes early, so, I missed that one. In missing that first bus I wasn't able to make it to my second bus, so, I missed that one too! I have 2 classes on Tuesdays, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The buses that come in the afternoon won't get me to school in time for my afternoon class. Ugh! I've missed a whole day all because a bus driver decided to take it upon himself to be nearly 20 minutes early. On a happier note, I was able to register for my Spring 2011 semester online this morning. And, on an ever happier note, FedEx delivered my new coat today! I love it! It fits perfectly and it's really warm.

On to my responses:

Christina: Yea, I think we've already confused a few people (oops). I have plenty of nicknames. I'm just called different things by different people. I have a whole list. I just get really upset when people get my name wrong. I hate when people spell it like Christian. It always sends me for a trip. Cleary when you pronounce my name the A is AFTER the N :| .

Susie: I love reading the series over. I woke up yesterday and just had the strongest need to read Twilight over. It'll be a while before I can get to it though. I have a list of books that need to be read and I also need to catch up on some school work. I hate being behind. Once I'm so far behind, I know I'll get into a mood where I won't want to play catch up. Classes aren't cheap! :lol: . Wow, flying free? Sounds very nice :) . Unfortunately, I've only been on a plane once (well, 3 times but I had connecting flights). I love to travel and take trips, but, not owning a money tree is always rain on my parade :lol: . I don't mind advice at all! I actually prefer to recieve advice rather than give it. Really putting the advice to good use seems to be my only problem! I may get some good advice from time to time and want to use it, like now, but I'm such a chicken! I know being sociable is essential for survival, but I just don't know how. I'm such a nervous person it's literally a paralyzing action for me to be face to face with people. A couple of weeks ago I was asked to give a small presentation in my Data Processing class. I stood up in front of everyone and literally had a mental breakdown. I was visibly shaking and I could barely keep my voice steady enough so people could understand me. Also, it's a bit harder for me now to socialize with other classmates because I go to a predominantly caucasian school and I'm Black (African-American). Race is never an issue with me but most times it seems like everybody would only like to be social with people they can relate more to. That probably sounds horrible the way I'm describing everything. I'm not good with words. But, even back in Chicago where I knew a lot more people, I was still very introverted. I don't think I'm like people my age. All of my friends are older than me. Not by just 1 or 2 years either. I'm 19 and one of my closest friends who I share a lot with is nearly 30. Thank you for the advice, share with me whenever you can. :D Your recipe sounds great! I've never had anything like that before.

Jazz Girl: In your replies you put "Christine", but, I'm assuming you meant Christina ;) . If so, sorry for the mix up. I'm CHRISSY/CHRISTINA. Just call me Chrissy, it'll be easier for everyone. :) . I could not believe that was him, I WOULD NOT believe that was him. He just sounds so different when he sings. Plus, I couldn't detect the accent! It annoys me too when people think age is everything. All teens are not just smiley faces and text messages (although, I do like smileys and texting :D ).

Tracy: Yes, Rob singing is amazing. I would love to spend my money on an album from him! I thought I was the only one who thought they were brilliantly placed. Those were the only 2 songs that I absolute needed to look up (not to forget SuperMassive Black Hole by Muse. Love, love, love that song!). There are some opportunites for group projects and things like that, but, I live in a different town from the school and I don't own a working car at the moment so it is a bit of a difficulty to get to and from those things. I've chatted briefly with a few classmates that seem to be interesting, but, those chats never last long and again, I'm not that good at striking up conversations without hyperventilating from being so nervous :oops: . I haven't been to those boards in a very long time so I'm not sure on the name. It was so wierd, the adults were the members who were "clique-ish". They made very blunt and rude comments about not wanting other members invading their "space". The site said it was for all ages so I didn't understand why the hostility was needed. Either way I left and never looked back.

Marielle: Lucky you! If I had a guitar I'd annoy me whole house. I know I'd be no good at all for a while, but, I'm so in love with music I'd never stop practicing on writing my own. My whole life has a soundtrack, I keep my headphones on every chance I get.

For those of you who are a wee-bit confused by all of the Chris's (sorry for the confusion), I, BlueStarEgo is CHRISSY. Whenever in doubt, my name in bold above my banner below! :D
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi All~

So bad days abound. I'm sorry to bum you all out, but my morning stunk and now I can't seem to snap out of it. ERRG... MEN!! I'm trying to find a happy balance in life, I really am. Sometimes I swear I've got adult onset ADD. I just get distracted so freaking easily and I forget things I shouldn't. Needless to say, this can lead to misunderstandings and arguments.

Anyway, I apologize for adding to the name confusion yesterday... eesh! I hope we'll eventually get it right, LOL!

Well, I'm off to try and write away my sorrows. I hope it works, I hate feeling down. :?

Hugs, Ginnie
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey girls...

Susie, Ginnie, I see you girls are nicely enjoying the HH...*waves*...

Ginnie, yep, I think the ADD comes when as a woman you want to do to much at once, we are champs in multitasking but sometimes it just falls apart...don't let it get to you, I really do believe it's normal...and for the arguements, well, I lnow they stink but its always good to make up :twisted:

Chrissy, thank god you cleared that up for my... I became so confused with the names...
Wow, and I'm complaining about my day...yours is so much worse...I hope your knee and eye are okay now...

Caryn, that must be a bliss to have the rest of the week off, you deserve it big time...you worked so much lately...
any plans with your time off?...
okay I know you going to think I'm crazy but can we swap places? I always wanted to visit the regions in the US where tornado's occur...but I don't believe it's normally around this time of the year is it? I thought april and may were the high tornado risk months...
I heard about "the buried like" thing...I haven't watched any of the clips yet, but I'm sure I'll have the same reaction as you have...I don't like people making fun of Rob, it makes my protective vampire instincts go haywire... ;)

anyway... have a nice evening
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house