Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Post by missp »

Wow! Slow night! Only one post since I was on last. The weather has finally settled down, and they've given the all clear. So, I am headed to bed! I hope all of you girls survived this wild and crazy weather night unharmed. Tomorrow is HUMP DAY!Have a great one!

SUSIE~~ I'm so sorry I missed your fb message until just a few minutes ago! I hide offline even when I'm online because I have a lot of present and former students who are on my friend list, and I really don't want to be fielding chats with them while I'm trying to relax at home. :oops: *SIGH* No text or call from ChurchRob tonight. I'm dying to know how his job interview went, but I am practicing restraint and patience... though it is difficult. :? Uhhh...IDIOTCOACH who??? :lol: When I'm done, I'm done.

DAZZLE~~ Your niece is going to be just precious in her fairy costume! That will be a lot of fun it being her first time to trick or treat! Get some good pics!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Ginnie: I completely had a suck-y morning too. I managed to get absolutely nothing accomplished today that I needed to. Today was definitely NOT one of my best days. I hope yours got a bit better though. =)

Marielle: No problem! =) Yes, my eye is fine. It was red for a while, but, it returned to it's normal color about an hour later. My knee is still sore a bit. But, at least I didn't break anything. ;)

Susie: It got chilly here in Iowa too. I had to turn on my heater this morning. It's so hilarious how I was literally lying in bed in my Sponge Bob pants when you said I should get back in my PJ's! I really needed to get to class today. I missed Friday because I wasn't feeling well. Now, I've missed another day. Yes, I always send my teachers e-mails when I'm able to. They said they understood and to just get what I can from other students. I live in an apartment with my mom and my brother. I don't have a job at the moment. I'm a full time student. There'd be no way I could fit that in with the way my schedule is. My mom is really on education so she suggested I do as much as I can, while I can. I plan on getting a Summer job though, definitely. I've heard of ToastMasters. A rep (I'm not sure if that's the correct term to use) came and spoke to a High School I attended in Chicago. I am going to take a Public Speaking class. In fact, I registered for it this morning when I signed up online for my Spring semester next year. I'm going to need major prayers to pass this class! I'm nervous just thinking about it. And about the older friends, don't get me wrong, I still act like a normal kid sometimes Lol. I act goofy with other people and do stupid things all the time. I'm still learning. It's just that it seems like I know when and where certain things are appropriate and when they aren't. I think that's what sets me apart from other people my age. I get uncomfortable when other teens notice I'm somewhat different from them. Sometimes someone might say that I think I'm better than them. I really don't though! I just refuse to act like a buffoon. I tend to watch peoples behavior frequently so that's another factor that contributes to me being quiet a lot. I can't really describle what I mean. I'll have to think of an example to give you. You may think I articulate my ideas well, but, I really don't! I stutter a lot because I'm always nervous. Anyways, I love, love, love my new coat! I'm a plus sized girl and even though I bought the coat from a plus size store, I didn't think it would fit me well. It fits great! Best 100 bucks I've spent this year (besides for school).

Openfire: The start of my day was just a kick in the face :lol: . Yes, my eye is ok now. The knee is stil sore though. I should be fine tomorrow. Thank you! I love my new coat! It fits great. Better get one fast, I don't recall if you've told me where you live or not, but, here it's getting chilly pretty quick. Yes, Susie seems like she gives great advice. Me actually putting it to use will be the tricky part. I can say all day long that I will, but, when the time comes I'll be the first chicken clucking! :lol:

dazzle21: Wooohooo! (insert confetti and balloons here) Pisces are the best! =) I'll need to make lots of birthday cards then. I'm into graphic design and to get more practice in, I wanted to start making little birthday card for members on the Lex who'll request them.

I don't know if anyone watches The Buried Life on MTV, but, the had an episode recently where they had to accept a random dare. The dare was to steal a lock of Robert Pattinson's hair! I laughed horribly hard when I heard that. I don't usually watch the show, but, I DVR'd that one and watched it today. They got a strand and apparently, he gave it to them!

Well girls, goodnight. I need to get to bed. Got class in the morning and a paper to write after that. Let's all hope Chrissy get's to her bus in time! :)
Last edited by BlueStarEgo on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Evening, ladies!! Well, we're still alive and our posessions are in one piece. But, unfortunately, the rest of my 'burb isn't. My city recorded the highest wind gust in the state today at 81 mph!!! That's hurricane force!! It was a rough morning, that's for sure. I was mid-RobCrack when the tornado sirens went off the first time (still need to go back and fix my post from this morning!). I started hollering for everyone to shut down their computers and thank gods I did because no sooner had our last staffmember done so than the entire building went dark! The sirens were off and on for an hour, about 20 minutes of which we (all 9 of my officemates, and four other women from other offices along with our two office dogs!) huddled in the bathroom because we don't have a basement. There was a funnel cloud spotted about 5 minutes from my office, but thankfully nothing came of it. But, our power was out for about 3 1/2 hours. It's pretty amazing exactly how little we can get done in an office anymore without lights, let alone computers! So, we went to lunch, during which I watched all the disturbing news reports on all the damage done in my town. In the end, some major damage to several neighborhoods, but, thankfully, none in mine. We lost some shingles and our basketball goal was tipped. That was it. My heart hurts for those who don't get to sleep at home tonight.

Chrissy~ Thanks for spelling out the difference. I will get it straight eventually. Sorry you had such a rough morning, but at least your day seems to have gone better.

Marielle~ Nope, absolutely no plans. I’m taking what is starting to be commonly referred to as a staycation… a vacation where you stay home and do nothing. We do have some plans. After my pj day tomorrow, I’m lunching with a very dear friend on Thursday and then going to our Children’s Museum on Friday for their Halloween festivities. Mostly, the plan is relaxing. Yes, tornados this time of year are very rare. But, with the increasing wonkiness of the weather anymore, I don’t think there’s really a season for anything. But, remember, global warming is a myth. *points to sarcasm face*

Susie~ You know me too well!! No, I probably won’t leave it all behind. But, I’ll do my best. I’m thinking fanfic will be a good way to distract me, as well as dates with friends, which I seem to be making an increasing number of. Actually, my girlfriend Bal posted a pic on FB of the two of us where my nails are quite visible. You should take a peek. Although, I look a bit like a possessed MonChiChi.

Ginnie~ Oooh, I LOVE that you busted out a little LotR trivia!! That would have been my exact answer as well. :lol:
Vickie~ As always, dear…feeding the addiction rather than curing it. I live to serve. :D

Jaclyn~ Mmmm, loved my early treat!! Thank you!! Yes, absolutely, much relaxing, in all of its’ various forms is on the menu for the whole rest of the week.

Tonise~ Hmmmm, well, ChurchRob certainly sounds like a nice man. Perhaps he’s a bit nervous or shy and is afraid of appearing too bold or forward. I think you’ve been playing things well so far. Perhaps things didn’t go as he’d hoped at the job interview. I’d give him another day or so and then maybe contact him, give him a call and check on said interview. Nothing wrong with taking a step for each one he does.

Raine~ Oh, yes. We are all for smart Lexing here. We don’t want anyone getting in trouble. Just pop back in when you can.

Because
I
Didn't
Get
To
This
Morning...

Okay, that totally makes me feel better.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Tracy~ *cough* *splutter* *whimper* Good gods, woman!! Are you trying to kill me?? The very image of Rob touching an instrument, let alone playing it, sends me into fits of fantasy. The image of RobWard playing for his beautiful bride in their tropical paradise… sweet Jesus’ sandal straps! Then you go and top it off with…. Rob…shirtless…piano…THUD!!
:lol:
Caryn~ So glad to be at your service. Enjoy your “sofa day” tomorrow. Do you have any other big plans while you're home (and the kiddos are back in school)?
*EDIT: Caryn, I was posting nearly the same time as you. I'm so glad to know everyone is okay, but imagine that must have been one heck of a frightening day at the office. :shock: Glad to know all is well, and those who've experienced damage and loss from all this crazy weather will be in our thoughts and prayers.

We've had strange weather for late October too, as have many of you. We had to deal with tornado warnings at work today and help the nurses move every patient into the halls for an hour or so--not really conducive to their taking part in physical therapy treatments. :?

Marielle~ Have fun sweater shopping—sounds so warm and cozy. I think the Deathly Hallows movie and the Eclipse DVD are just the thing to ward off those winter blues.

Jaclyn~ We did have a good time at the church retreat; glad you enjoyed the picture. The fall colors of the trees were absolutely gorgeous, especially against the brilliant blue sky both Saturday and Sunday mornings. I too hate Physics with all my heart, and always wondered why I was required to take it for my profession. :?

Chrissy~ I'm sorry about your bad day today, and hope your knee feels better. Hopefully tomorrow will be brighter and bring a smile to your face. Your coat is too cute! I know we would all love if Rob would make an album of his music....until then we'll just have to make do with the Twilight soundtrack, and rare bits of footage of Rob singing via youtube videos. Which of the movie soundtracks is your favorite?

Ginnie~ Sorry you've had a frustrating day too, and hope tomorrow's a better day. Men....you can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em. ;) Remember that you can't be Supermom, and you can't do it all, and you have to take some time out for yourself, or you won't be any good to anyone. :) Did immersing yourself in your writing improve your mood?

Susie~ Were you ever able to get warm today? Maybe you should leave an extra fleece jacket at school or in the car, so you'll always have it in case of a cold emergency. ;) Thanks for the compliments on the picture....it just might be our Christmas card picture, especially if I can't find a more suitable one we've taken sometime in recent memory.

Vicky~ Good luck with “him”. :D How far away does he live from you, and how often do you have the chance to meet up with him?

Missp~ Sorry the nasty weather disrupted your nap with Bella. Does she sense the bad weather and freak out, like some dogs I know? Thanks for the update on ChurchRob....you made my day. :D I love that he asked for your phone number, and actually called you. I think you're wise to take things slowly and see how things naturally progress. Good move on ditching IdiotCoach....he's not worth you giving him the time of day, and he doesn't know what he's missing. ;)

Raine~ I bet your adorable niece will be the most beautiful fairy for Halloween. She'll probably be transfixed by the decorations. Do you decorate for Halloween? I hope you enjoy your upcoming vacation and visit with your grandparents.
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning girls…

Yesterday I played tennis again, we always go on Tuesday , and I think I did something wrong because my back hurt so much that I can’t properly walk or sit…I really hope I get through the day with out much pain…

Susie, yep when I posted my last post it was around 21.30…now it’s 8 in the morning…
I don’t know if sweater shopping will be nice, I really don’t like the collections at the moment…

Yep, I know I’m crazy with my Tornado obsession, actually I have it with everything nature can use to destroy…Volcano’s, hurricane, earthquakes, etc…it’s just something I know is terrible for the people who experience it but I can’t help my obsession with them…I even have a update link with the USGS…

Hey Vicky, oww, I really thought you were partying…let me get this straight, you are from the UK, right? Then why on earth don’t you like beer? I was told every Brit loves his/her beer…

Tonise, wow, that must have been scary…like I said to Caryn I have a sick obsession with Tornado’s and I really want to go to the US to see one (someday) but I’m sure it must be unbelievable scary if it your house that’s on the line…
Hihi, your love life sounds like a bad comedy,…gosh I hope you’ll get your Church Rob…

Jaclyn, hahaha Rammstein as study material…brilliant…for me it really help with my German, get me back in it when I have too much English…

Chrissy, I’m happy you weren’t really hurt during your drama morning…

Wow, Caryn, you must think I’m crazy after have a tornado around and my wishing I was there, I’m nuts I know but I hope I didn’t offend you…and the nerve of that tornado to interrupt your Rob-crack moment
I know what you mean with weather wonkiness, this year we experienced two tornado’s in the east region of Holland, they were strong enough to actually cause damage, we normally get one tornado every 30 years or so…we had 4 in the last 3 years, increasing in strength…
Well, I’m happy to hear you are okay…

Tracy, yep I think DH and Eclipse dvd will make up a lot of winter bleus…

I’m going to do my Rob crack hump day contribution tonight, I’m at work and they will ask me questions if they see to much Rob on my screen…

A quick BD, apparently producers haven’t signed the contract for Micheal Sheen…he is hoping it will all work out….and I’m wondering how thick those producers are, come on!!! BD with Sheen as Aro isn’t right!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Good morning All~

So, today is better. A good night's sleep always helps. I think I will just start fresh all around though, so no mega-post just now.

I did not get much writing done yesterday, being in a funky mood really messed with my creativity. :? I pounded out 1200 words, but it was exhausting. I spent the afternoon reading and napping on my daughter's bed with her while she made some hand-made cards for fun and got me caught up on all the latest 4th Grade gossip. Making a yummy dinner seemed to help with the peace of the household, though. Maybe it's true what they say about the way to a man's heart being through his stomach. :roll: Things seemed to be less tense after that, so I didn't push it... I went to bed early. Anyway, I'm feeling much better today! All things work out in the end. ;)

I'm relieved to hear all my US sisters survived the bizarre land hurricane yesterday.(yes, Susie, I agree. Any low pressure system that swirls around like that counts- especially if it kicks up tornadoes. I'm in the center of the state here, rather than the coast, so our biggest threat in a hurricane is from resulting tornadoes.) I hope things calm down and you all have some lovely fall weather again soon. I miss autumn I miss the way the Aspen trees used to change in the mountains every year. So pretty. *sigh*

Well, I have to get the Little Lady up and ready for school now. I'll be back again later. Thanks for all the support yesterday! You ladies rock! 8-)

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Afternoon all,

missp - Sorry you lost your mega post - I hate it when that happens!! Thanks for filling us in on ChurchRob - I hope you guys get to speak again soon!! I have no idea what a Michigan accent sounds like :lol: I think I will need to google it!

Susie - Aw that sucks that you weren't able to watch Glee due to the bad weather..
Aw thanks for saying I wasn't shy - I used to be when I was younger now. Even now I feel nervous sometimes before I do something, but just say to myself that I need to do it so may as well get it over with! Maybe that could be my motto :D Haha!
I had to get to work early today as I had a big experiment to set up. And yesterday, I was 30 minutes late due to a combination of the bad weather and an accident on the motorway, so wanted to make sure I left plenty of time to get to work this morning. There actually was a bad accident and an oil spill today, but it was on the road behind me so I didn't get caught up in it.
Hmm, nah I don't fancy a pumpkin coffee LOL. Actually I have never had pumpkin before... what does it taste like?

Raine - Aw that's sweet that your niece is going on her first trick-or-treat tomorrow!! My neice is going this year too I think with her parents and older brothers. I think she is dressing up as a witch.
I hope you enjoy your time away with your family at the weekend - and enjoy the movie!!

Chrissy - That's great that you have signed up for a public speaking class! I'm sure it will be really useful.
I'm a people watcher too - don't get me wrong, I do like to talk and take part in conversation etcs, but sometimes I like just sitting back and listening to everyone else. Kinda observing what they are all doing. Does that make sense? :lol:
I live in Scotland - so yep it's getting chilly here too! :lol:

Caryn - Thank goodness you are all ok!! That's really scary... sorry to hear that some of your neighbourhood lost many things. So...you have sirens too? I'm quite interested in this as we don't have anything like that here. I hope it's not insensitive of me to ask about them? Are they in the street? What are you supposed to do when you hear it?

Tracy - Bad weather everywhere huh? (well apart from maybe Florida or something?? lol). Glad nothing too bad came out of the warnings though!

Marielle - Aw I hope your back doesn't hurt for too long. Perhaps you pulled a muscle or something?
Btw I don't like beer either :P :lol:

Ginnie - I'm glad things are better with you today. Always remember though, if you need to talk about anything, we are all here for you!

Well I better get back to work. Catch you all tonight!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Happy Hump Day!!!

Aaaaaahhhh, what a lovely morning it has been. Got up to get the monkeys off to school, had a bit of a lay in, and then got up, had some coffee and breakfast and have just enjoyed a leisurely morning doing normal household things like paying bills and a few other things. Now, a quick post and then off to fanfic-land.

Jaclyn~ No, no worries at all. Curiosity never bothers me. Yes, we have sirens. They are spread across most cities in various areas, mounted kind of like street lights, and activated when a tornado watch has been issued. They typically mean that you should take shelter immediately.

Ginnie~ Fall is my favorite season. I'm really hoping we can have some nice fall weather as well. The foliage has pretty much all turned and was very bland this year due to the drought. I blame Rob. :lol: I don't find it coincidental that we didn't see hide nor hair of him, no sightings to refresh us. At the same time, the rains stay away, nothing to refresh the land. Rob's power knows no bounds.

Marielle~ Oh no no, please don't worry about it at all. There's a fascination with things you don'te experience and you weren't wishing harm on anyone. I can totally see how the idea of a storm like that would be fascinating if you hadn't seen or experienced it.

Alright, a happy day to all. I'm off to some reading.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

OMG... Caryn I love your Hump day contributions...specially that clip...god that made me shiver...
It's crazy that when we discus other things like RL problems that somehow Rob always knows how to pull us back into that blissfully dreamy state...

Jaclyn, yeah I think I made a wrong move and hurt a muscle... that's typical me..I manage to hit meself with me tennis racket regularly and get bruises all over...by back is slowly getting better but still not good...I hope some good sleep will help..

Ginnie, I'm happy you are better, I understand balancing is difficult, I'm just very lucky that my bf likes his soccer game and that they play a LOT of soccer in Europe, so when he watches (as he does now) I spend my time lexing and getting high on Rob-crack...but sometimes he gets whiny about me being behind the computer all the time, so once in a while I stay with him and watch a game...

anyway to my hump day contributions..
- does this make you girls whimper?
This one sure does...
Is he trying to look serious or is he trying to get us pregnant? you tell me!
Okay, I can see benefits from rain, only when Rob walks through it that is

Uhm what did you girls think about some wall papers...
Like this one
Or this one for Halloween...

anyway I hope you girls have a good evening...see you all tomorrow
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hey all, I hope everyone is having a great day. Mines went much better today. The wind here is beyond ridiculous. While I was sleeping, I actually thought someone was banging on my window, despite that fact that I live 3 stories up. I had a nice day in class today. I got all of my work in that was due. Had some free time afterwards and blabbed with another classmate about our favorite shows (she's my TV buddy). Now I'm back home and I finally got the hot chocolate I've been craving for a week and a half!

Caryn: No problem! Sorry I caused confusion. Yea, today was much better! I got my bus on time and I managed to get all of my eye makeup on without temporarily blinding myself! :D Wow, the weather is getting horrible everywhere. How is your day going?

Tracy: My knee feels better now and today went much better. Like I said above, I got my bus on time and I managed to get all of my eye makeup on without temporarily blinding myself! :D Thank you, I love, love, love my coat. It's so perfect. I rarely find things that fit me just right and actually looks pretty. Shopping for plus sized clothing online is always a hassle for me. ::deep sigh:: I'd pay Rob and be his loyal slave for a year to get him to record an album. I have whole playlist on my iPod that I've had to string together with downloaded songs and other live songs I've gotten from youtube. To be honest, I never buy soundtracks. I never like all of the music on movies so I figured I'd save more money to just get the songs I like. But from what I've heard, I'd say Twilight just because Rob is on it. If he wasn't, I think Eclipse would be my favorite. There were a lot more songs I enjoyed on that one. Most of the songs placings were nice too. I despise New Moon and everything about it. Sorry, but it's my least favorite book/movie and I liked none of the music really. Nothing caught my liking.

Marielle: Thank you. Today went a lot smoother.But, I see yours didn't. I'm sorry you hurt yourself. I hope you feel better too. If not, go and get it checked out. you may have hurt something serious. Now all I have to do is try to write a paper that's due tomorrow. I haven't even begun to start on it!

Openfire: I'm surprised I even had the guts to sign up for the class. I wanted to put it off as long as I could but I knew I needed to get it done sooner rather than later. I also signed up for a Foundations of Writing class. I hope I do well because I'm really not a writer. Yes, I'm more of an observer like you. I try not too do it too much though because I tend to weed out people I think who wouldn't be a good influence on me and things like that. But, you can't always judge books by their covers and I think I could be potentially damaging future relationships by not letting other show me who they are (does that make sense?).
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse