Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Post by openfire »

missp - YAY for ChurchRob!! Lunch and a walk in the park sounds great to me - as long as it doesn't rain :lol: Where about do you think you will go for lunch?
Have fun at your sport game tonight! That's funny you are going to Birmingham - I automatically think of the city in the UK Haha!
Jazz Girl wrote:I spent the majority of the rest of the day reading, fanfic and an actual novel I know, I had to get all readjusted to having to turn pages and everything.
Caryn - You crack me up girl!! :lol: !! What novel did you read? Ever since fanfic came along, I think I have only read 2 or 3 books (that weren't related to the Saga in any way Haha!). When I go on holiday next year, I'm gonna take a stack of books and read them... you might have to teach me how to turn a page again cos I may have forgotten by then too! :lol:

Christina - Caryn is like, the biggest Twilight fan! I don't know anyone who has been to see a film more than 30 times... I am super jealous that she managed to do it all! She does indeed rock! :D
Susie how many different cities did you see Eclipse in? Was it just the UK and the US you saw it (maybe you could win the "most amount of countries award"? LOL. Although I could contest that since I saw it in both Scotland & England! :D :lol: )

My bf made me soup today! Carrot and corriander - my favourite kind! Although now the house is...stinking :lol: I can totally smell garlic from last night (why oh why did I use so much?? LOL!!) and now onion from the soup... I have smelly candles on to try and get rid of the smell :lol: Any old wives tales or anything about best ways to get rid of the smell? :lol:

I'm going out for tea (dinner :P ) with my friend and her mom soon. Then I might be going to visit my cousin who had the wee baby a couple weeks ago. Then it'll be time to settle down on the sofa with a wee bit of fanfic! I might check in later to see if anyone has stopped by.

See ya all then!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Ladies!

My students are taking a listening test right now, so I’m free to Lex!!! The audio for the test is REALLY annoying since it repeats the questions and the answers twice. There is no booklet for the test, the students have to rely only on their listening. It’s a little bit of a memory test too!!

Caryn
– Was the damage to those places from the wind, or did a tornado actually touch down? So, you are either full speed or low speed? I’m usually low speed….(Type B, you know) I love the feel of turning pages!!!

Christina – Now I’m REALLY envious of the fact that you have a personal trainer.

Marielle – Going out with the girls from work for Tapas sounds so fun! Our weather is colder, but sunnier, so that really helps. January is very sunny (but extremely cold) If you start to feel down, we’re here for you! I can’t wait to see “Welcome to the Rileys”.

Ginnie – Well, I didn’t make it up, a friend told me so!! I’ve got the food part covered at my house…Not so much the other. :?

Jaclyn – Wow. You must have garlic breath today!!!(I don’t know how to get ride of the garlic smell, Sorry.) No, I don’t think you’d like pumpkin…In addition to my own city, I saw Eclipse in Indiana, Tennessee, and London!! Have fun with your friend and her mom.

Tonise - I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT…..Are you off work today?? Super Auntie again!!

ONLY 10 PAGES TO GO BEFORE WE START A NEW THREAD!!!!

See you all later!
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Shauni - Thanks! But it looks like he has an owie above his eye next to his eyebrow!! Do we know when this was??? Rob's hair is still too short!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

I SEE Susie and Christina!! Hi girls! Okay, now to read all the posts since this morning. :D

EDIT:: Well, it looks like I didn;t miss much, save Shauni's post and it currently won't load. UGH!
Oh, and go MissP!! Found yourself a real life Rob to fawn over! Woo Hoo!! Keep us updated girl!!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey again folks,

Dinner tonight was tasty! We went to a local Chinese place - yum! And visiting my cousin and the baby was great. Her parents were there too, as well as me, my mom and my aunt. It was a mini family get together - they always make me smile!! And the baby is super cute. Like seriously gorgeous! :D And my cousin looks great too. I'm so happy for them!!

Anyways,

Susie - No one mentioned that I smelled too much today ;) I made sure I had plenty of mints :lol: I think the candles are helping the smell - I don't notice it much anymore - whew!
So your students hear the questions..and the answers? Or do they hear the answers at the end, cause otherwise that would be a bit of strange test :lol:
Yay on the almost-new thread :D We'll need to start thinking of decorating!

Shauni - Girl, you always give us the good stuff! :D
Rob looks goooood in this video (not that he didn't before but you know... he looks really good here!! wow wow wow! )

Ginnie - *waves* hey girl. Saw your spider picture on facebook... were you at the HH when I told everyone about my new house having tonnes of baby spiders?? I really don't like them! :( Are you scared of them too??

Now off to fanfic land - see ya tomorrow!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

First, I want to thank SweetImpakt for sharing that video. I loooved it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I haven't had a new Rob laugh in a while. I think the best part was when Rob replied: "I don't use a phone." For some reason that part tickled me. His facial expressions are always priceless. Love the haircut too.

Good afternoon everyone. I hope everybody had a productive day. My day went well today. I got through my biology class without passing out from pure boredom and confusion. I got a lovely e-mail from my Data Processing teacher informing me that she won't be in today, so class was canceled (yay!) I got home in enough time to catch up on all of my work, possibly get a few chapters ahead AND get to bed in enough time tonight. I'm so happy I may even do my hair :lol: . I've been so out of it lately that I've been just pulling it back. I've also been doing a lot of thinking about getting a job while still going to school next semester. My mom doesn't think it's be a good idea. I'll most likely get distracted from school somehow, but, I want to stop depending on her so much. It'll only be a part-time job because I'm currently enrolled as a full-time student. My only concern is if I'll have enough time to still get my work done in an appropiate amount of time. I can't afford to be behind in anything, in any way. In other news, it's so cold here today! I had to put the cheap leather jacket away and bring out the heavy one! I even saw people with gloves and things on. The wind is not playing around here.

Also, a Mentalist came to my college today. He did about an hour of a preformance. He was really good! Read a few people and played a few games with us. I wish I could have recorded it. He even hypnotized someone! I really enjoyed everything he did. He had some type of audio CD's for sale where he said he hypnotized people to help with different everyday things. I was tempted to buy 2 of them. There was one to help with weight loss and self-confidence............but, I didn't buy them :lol: .

Openfire: The rain has stopped here too, thank goodness. I heard a few other students say in class today that it even turned to snow for a while. I have lots of favorite shows. My list could go on forever! ;) To name a few though, I like House, Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Glee, and Psych. I have a lot more but those are the ones that I absolutely could not live without. I used to be like this about Bones, but, the excitement i had about that show has died a lot. I still watch though. What are your favorites? Foundations of Writing sounds like it will be very beneficial, but, I don't think I'll succeed well in it. I am the furthest thing from a writer. I've never gotten a bad grade on a paper, but I avoid writing at all costs. I just never think I sound fluent and I have a hard time putting my words on paper. I always write with a dictionary and a thesaurus nearby, so a teacher in the past said I should be able to broaden my writing skills because it seemed like I was already practicing good writing ennhancements. I hope this class will help though.

Susie: No, I didn't move to specificaly go to school. Although, it was a good portion of why we made the move. Yes, I have some family with me. In fact, my cousin, his girlfriend and her family moved here from Chicago first. That's how we found out about this little town. My cousin's girlfriend is close to my age but I think we are on different levels. She has a 2 children and we don't have too much in common. She comes over though and we talk all the time. She does my pedicures sometime. I wouldn't say we're close friends, but we defintely get along. My mom is slightly disabled now so we don't get to do as much together as we used too. Me and my brother are fairly close in age but the only thing we have in common are parents and DNA. We are complete oppsites. If you personally knew us, you would argue that we were even born to the same family. My TV friend is one of those older friends :lol: . She is married with 2 children so I'm sure she wouldn't want to "hang" with me. She gives me rides home sometimes and we even talk on FaceBook often. She's really nice. Yesterday we compared Spring semester schedules to see if we'd still get to see eachother since we have different majors/classes. Luckily we get out of class at the same time on 2 days of the week. So, we'll still get ride home together. That's so funny, my aunt said I had an "old soul" when she noticed that I'd rather listen to music that my mom used to listen to than to listen to new music my brother likes. All of my favorite movies came out before I was even born. I guess because when I was a lot younger I was a "Momma's Baby" and I always did whatever she did. I told everybody to pray I pass this Publick speaking class. I'm trying not to overwhelm myself by thinking it over too much because it's making me too nervous. Since you're a teacher, how do you keep yourself calm when speaking in front of your students? You seem like the coolest teacher ever! ;)

Christina: I have no idea how people get Christian, or even Christiana. I get Christiana very often. My 3rd grade teacher constantly spelled it that way. She always pronounced it right but always spelled it Christiana. I won "Student of the Month" one time and she spelled Christiana on my award! I didn't even accept it. At some point, you get students names correct. I know she HAD to see the correct spelling when doing attendance. I verbally corrected her too all of the time. Such an annoying thing. That's one thing I don't think I've ever gotten. Everyone always spells it with a C. They might miss the H a lot though. I think I'm shy because I embarass myself constantly. I'm NOT one of the "cool kids" :lol:

bored by the sea: Hello, I'm Christina and I'm new to this thread. I don't think I've introduced myself to yet. If I have, forgive me. My memory is slowly going. I'll be brain dead by the time I'm 25 :lol:

MissP: Awww! Yay you. Glad you've found someone you like who likes you back. Wish I was that lucky ;)

Caryn: You must have an E-reader? Are those very handy? I want one but my eyes get enough strain from being on computers all day. I'm worried that the backlight will irritate.

I want to apologize too because I know I've gotten a few names mixed up. It's a lot of Rob addicts here which mean a lot of names to remember. So, if you're someone whose name I have completely butchered or confused with another member, please forgive. Remind me who you are :lol: . Screen names, I remember. Real names..................... :?:
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Afternoon girls!! Just got back from lunch with my girlfriend and her munchkins. Of course, got a heads up on the Taft School vid while I was out and ran back to post about it. Way to go Shauni on the vid!! Robsessed has screencaps and they are YUMMY!! Good gods he looks beyond beyond. I agree the the sexhair might be a little on the side of short. But, Rob did say that he was going to lobby for Edward to have gotten a haircut. :lol: Either way, I could care less. He's there and beautiful and his adorkable self deprcating sense of humour is in full effect!!

EDIT:
Jaclyn~ :lol: I read a bit of The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I’m right with you. Since finding fanfiction, I haven’t read but maybe 4 actual traditional books. The “biggest Twilight fan”? Really? I mean, I’ll admit to being a little obsessed. But, surely there’s someone out there worse than I am? :D

Susie~ The damage was primarily contained to the south side of town. But, it was straight line winds and not a tornado, though there were three tornados in Indiana on Tuesday. Hmm, personally, my favorite thing about books is the smell. I do love the smell of the paper and ink of a good book. I am not seeing a booboo, though I’m happy to kiss it better for him if it is there. Strictly in a big-sisterly capacity, of course, out of respect for Kristen. :lol:

Chrissy~ I actually just got a Kindle. I usually read fanfic on my laptop or on my crackberry. Yes, I’m on the computer constantly. But, my eyes are so bad already, I figure I don’t have much to lose anyways.

Alright, we’re off to Trunk or Treat at a local med center. Of course, the evening just got soooooo much better :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Good evening everyone. I am completely worn out tonight. My trainer is prepping me for a 5K race in December so we were running sprints around a parking garage.

Marielle~ Oh I learned a long time ago that when it comes to cooking, knives are not my friends. :lol: It's nice your bf wants to make sure you're safe; he's taking after Edward. ;)

Ginnie~ Thanks for letting me know about the pm.

Jaclyn~ It must get old having to spell your name for people all the time, although I'm not sure that I've ever seen anyone spell your name the way you do so it's not surprising so many get it wrong. Here in the US, pumpkin is synonymous with the fall season. I don't care for squash either but it's not so much the pumpkin itself as the spices used with it (I think Susie mentioned which ones). Many pumpkin-flavored things pop up around now, probably because pumpkin pie is the traditional desert served during our Thanksgiving holiday dinner. Pumpkin pie is okay (I actually prefer pecan pie for Thanksgiving) but I LOVE pumpkin bread (something else you and I have in common Ginnie :) ). You should definitely give it a try if you can find it.

Caryn~ 21? 33? :shock: There's no way I'd ever be able to even tie you, much less beat you. I'm impressed. You must have gotten really creative when it came to squeezing in viewings wherever possible.

Chrissy~ Very annoying! Yeah the K problem happened to me way too often but it's gotten better the last few years. Now if I have to give my name to someone they'll usually ask if I spell it with C or K. I'm with you on embarassment (or potential embarassment) contibuting to your shyness. But being one of the "cool kids" is overrated. It always seemed so important when I was in school but honestly I couldn't care less about it now. I am who I am and I'm fine with that. I believe Kindles are actually designed to look like you're reading actual book pages so that you can reduce the strain to your eyes. Am I right Caryn?

Okay it's bedtime for me now.
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Yes, I know I'm typing in large print, but I am so keyed up I can't sleep! So, I just had to drop in and give you girls an update before forcing myself to try and get a little sleep!

The Lady Bulldogs are 1A State Champs in Volleyball!! Woohooo!!

ChurchRob and I had coffee this evening at STARBUCKS! ( I know this makes you proud, SUSIE! :lol: ) He is sooooo easy on the eyes and even easier to talk to and... I REALLY LIKE HIM AND HE REALLY LIKES ME! We are planning to spend more time together! So, since I really don't want to refer to him as ChurchRob for hopefully a VERY long period of time, I hereby rename him RBell because his first name is Robert (Rob for short) and his last name is Bell! And I'm defintely leaning toward a casual lunch and a long stroll on Saturday! :D

Later, Girls! I'm beat!