Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Rob's Halfway House (HH #6)

Post by dazzel21 »

Hey Ladies!!!

Sorry been busy. It always happens here whenever there is going to be a long weekend. Gotta tie up all the loose ends :D .
Yay, I have only 5 hours worth of wok and then I'm off for a 4 day vacation. I can't wait already...

My baby niece had fun yesterday going on her first trick or treat. Although she's very cranky and tired last night, I barely even got my goodnight kiss. We now have a huge bag full of sweets sitting at home, my niece's loot during the said event. My dentist is gonna kill me if I come next month for the adjustment with too many tooth cavities due to sweets :lol: .

On the bright side, I finally managed to reserved my Eclipse DVD copy.Yay! There's already 2 pages of names who reserved just in the store near our office. I guess everybody's a little bit excited for the DVD :D .

Sorry in advance for those names I can't mention. I'm doing this post during my lunch break...

Chrissy - Yay on having no professor in 1 of your class. I just love it when they don't show up for class, (ahmmm no offense meant Susie :lol: ). Wow a mentalist, that's cool but hypnotism scares me a bit. I can't imagine someone being in control of me other than myself.

Jaclyn - Gah me too! I miss the actual book too. The smell of paper and ink but fanfiction is really distracting. I still have several books unread lying around in my room. Argghh I hate it also when people misspelled my name. When I tell them my name is "Raine" they would always ask "Rain as in the rain". I would always have to spell it for them , its R-A-I-N-E. How annoying...

Caryn - Yay! So happy for you that you can now rest and just enjoy reading again. You deserve it after a month (or two?) of working nonstop.

Tonise - So happy for you and Church Rob. Yap I agree with everyone lunch and a walk to the park sounds good and really romantic.

Susie - Here in the Phils. the only time the kids can go trick or treat is at the mall or when their parents company hold the event for them. It's very uncommon to do a house to house trick or treating. Yap very similar to the Mex Day of the Dead.

Vicky - Wow I'm impressed. You're definitely back!!!

Chrissy - I forgot to mention in my last post. I love your siggy. It's Rain right?!?!?

Okay I really have to go. Its waaay past my lunch break. I'll try to come back again tonight after I'm done packing but if I can't make it have a good weekend to everyone. I also noticed we're only 10 pages from moving on a new thread. Don't do something major fun while I'm on vacation :D

See you all ladies next Wednesday!!!
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

Wow, making Tapas was so much fun last night…we had three cooks helping us, while we made like food for 80 people…everything was so good to eat, and all the ladies had so much fun…
I still feel like I can’t eat anymore…I wonder how long it will take before I eat my lunch because now it feel like never.

Jaclyn, we made all kinds of tapas, shrimps, salmon wraps, meat balls, chicken in chili…there were at least 10 different dishes.
I have no idea when Welcome to the Riley’s will come out exactly but I thought around the same time as Harry Potter, maybe earlier.

Yay, Tonise…I’m happy for you that your eye-candy likes you …have fun flirting…

Caryn, hahaha…I didn’t mean that quite literally…but I did expect you to be a real addict, for tornado alarms it’s good to have your crackberry close, you might want to use it for it’s real purpose like calling for help…
I’m sure it was a shock to you to find out that you had to turn pages again, were you looking for a scroll button?

I love the screencaps you posted but don’t you think Rob looks a bit distracted… I don’t know I have to watch the clip later…

Susie, thanks…it’s not that I feel really depressed or anything, it’s just that I get tired thinking about doing something active or even get up…(classical signs of depression) also because of the cold my muscle are too tense and hurt…most of the time it annoys the hell out of me…
Yeah it’s definitely better to have it sunny than warm and wet…but still why can’t it be summer whole year round…

Hey Shauni, thanks for the clip…

Chrissy, when you have biology, aren’t you kind of always waiting for Edward to walk in?? I think if I still went to school and had that subject I wouldn’t be able to concentrate…
If you get confused by the names, on page one is a list with everybody’s screen name and real name…it’s a handy overview…

Christina, I’m the same, yesterday I tried to stay away from the knives as much as possible, I had to cut the chicken and I managed to stab my own finger instead of the chicken, nothing bit but I got a tiny hole in my finger now…

Well, I have to get working, I’ll post tonight again…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hello folks,

Woohoo it's Friday!

Chrissy - I worked when I was at uni, but just part time. I worked Saturday & Sunday and I really don't understand how people can afford not to work at uni... I wouldn't have been able to buy most stuff or run my car without it! As long as you don't take on too many hours, you will be fine. I went down to 1 day a week in my final year, so I could use the other full day to study.
I really love Bones! I think it's a really witty and good show. Have you started watching the new season? Most of my favourites are finished now, like ER, Buffy, Angel, Friends, Lost etc. I still enjoy watching repeats or the dvds though!
And from your posts, I think you can write very well! It defo flows good! :D
Oh and my real name is Jaclyn :)

Caryn - Well I think you defo take the title of biggest Twi fan that I know! We should totally make you a badge or something.. I'm sure you would wear it with pride!! :D

Christina - Wow that's great you are gonna do a 5K run! For charity or for fun?

missp - Yay for your Starbucks date with RBell!

Raine - Enjoy your vaction from work this weekend! I'm glad your neice had fun trick-or-treating.
See ya when you get back!

Marielle - Your tapas sound very tasty! Glad you had a good night.

Ok gotta run - I will check bater later!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi All~
Funny BabyRob moment of the day: "Mommy, come watch my moves! Watch my moves, Mommy!" The quality is not great, but that's my Little Man! He was at it for almost an hour, over and over again. :lol:
Also, deep thought for the day: Super-capacity washers and dryers are more of a curse than a blessing! What used to be three loads is now one, and I can fill my entire sofa with clothes in less than 2 hours. Unfortunately, it takes me twice as long to get it all put away. :x

Alrighty then, on to you:

Raine~ Have a nice four day holiday! Sounds like Trick-or-Treat was fun. It will be another 2 days until we take our kids here in the States. My babies are dressing up as a Jedi Knight (BabyRob) and a secret agent (LittleLady).

Christina~ Did I read you were doing a 5K? When, where? Let me know, I have aspirations, LOL!! PS- How are you liking our "cold" front? :lol: (It's still 80 degrees here, people. the weather guys are nuts!)

Jacyln~ I did see your comment on FB. No, I hadn't realized you were living with a spider problem. We've been lucky. We pay for pest control, so spiders are rare anymore and usually, they're dead when I find them. That one one ran right over my foot at 5am! AGH!!!

Shuani~ Thanks for the video link! Rob scared the crap out of me. What was that face?? I can only imagine the students' reaction at Taft in CT. Lucky kids!

MissP~ WOW... so happy for you. It's nice to hear you celebrating so much this week after a rough go of it lately! Keep us updated! ;)

Chrissy~ I think the longer your in school and the more you accomplish, the more you are able to balance. I worked part-time while I was in school, but not at first. Although, if you have a family supporting you and can make school your job go for it! Maybe start looking for internships (paid or unpaid) in the field you want to work in instead. ???

Caryn~ Hmm... the biggest Twilight fan of all time? Maybe, I don't know... but you may be the most well-spoken, well-meaning, and heart-felt fan out there. Your posts always knock my socks off. Half of the reason I've been able to write Edward's POV in fanfiction was because I had you around to discuss his character with and bounce ideas off of. We've discussed so many things in the Edward forums that helped me flush him out and try to get inside his head the way that Stephenie wrote him. I appreciate your insight and intellect so much, and I know you are definitely appreciated around here as well!! :D

Well, I have much to do and have had way too much coffee this AM to sit still!! Gotta run, but I will definitely be back later.
HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good Friday morning, my sisters. Yesterday was, indeed a fun day. We had a good amount of fall break fun. I had to laugh. We did a trunk or treat last night and there were two sets of Edward and Bellas! So bloody cute. Plus, they had this line up of professionally carved pumpkins all like different characters (werewolf, Jason, Freddy Krueger, Pinhead, a Wookie etc) Well, one of them was RobWard! I was laughing the whole time and hubs, monkeys and our friends that we went with were just rolling their eyes at me.

Christina~ :lol: You could say that. With Twilight, I made attempts to sort of cover up for what I was doing. But, it got to be such a pain and I hate being the least bit dishonest, so I finally just started fessing up. With Twilight, it was a little easier to work in showings because November through January are a really dead time at work. I could sneak out in the afternoon and see a show before heading home. It was seriously a compulsion. With Eclipse, I was the same way but just had less time. Yes, you are right. Kindles have a special screen process that is almost like a Etch A Sketch.

Tonise~ A Starbucks date is suck a wonderful way to bond! RBell is starting to sound like quite the catch. Enjoy Saturday.

Raine~ :lol: Ahh, the secret to why we parents endure the trial of trick-or-treating year after year. It’s all the good candy!! Yes, they do tend to be a bit cranky the next day. But they always look so cute and have so much fun. Have a great few days of vacation. I know I’m loving mine.

Marielle~ What a menu!! That sounds amazing and like so much fun. At the very least, the page forward button like on my Kindle! :lol:

Jaclyn~ Whoot for Buffy!! I would definitely wear a badge with pride. In fact, I usually have a bit of something Twilight with me most days. If nothing else, I carry a messenger bag and a wristlet that have the Cullen Crest on them. I also have two pairs of earrings that bear the crest, as well as always having at least one of the novels with me. Hmm, maybe I’m just a wee bit obsessed. :lol:

Ginnie~ Aww, thanks so much. It’s purely based off of my love for the character. I don’t know. There are days I just feel like I totally get him.

Well, must be going. Have to feed the monkeys some yummy fall lunch.

A bit of love before I run... Ahh, fall. *sigh*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Evening all,

I am so glad that it is now the weekend. I had a bit of a rubbish afternoon at work (just one of those days :roll: ). So yay for Friday evening!

What you's all got planned for the weekend??

Ginnie - Awwww!! Your Little Man is adorable!! He looks like he was having a blast ;) I don't know why but I imagined him with blonde hair Haha! What age is your kids again?
We don't have so much spiders in our house now, but when we first moved in, there were hundreds! We bought this machine that's supposed to make spiders not want to enter the house (some kind of noise that we humans can't hear but spiders can). I didn't think it would have worked, but it does seem to have helped a little. Still get some though, but defo not as much. If a spider ran over my (bare?) foot I would have prolly have chopped it off :lol:
VirginiaMay wrote:Caryn~ Hmm... the biggest Twilight fan of all time? Maybe, I don't know... but you may be the most well-spoken, well-meaning, and heart-felt fan out there. Your posts always knock my socks off. ........ I appreciate your insight and intellect so much, and I know you are definitely appreciated around here as well!! :D
I could never have said this any better! Caryn, your're awesome! I love knowing that if I have pretty much any Twilight related query, you would have the answer. And you wouldn't just say the answer, you would talk it through in a way that it would just be...fact. Does that make sense?? Like I said, Ginnie can totally say this better than me :lol:

Caryn - That pumpkin is awesome! I have never carved a pumpkin but I've saw someone attempt to do it once and it looked hard! So the RobWard is really awesome!! LOL.
Glad you are enjoying your fall break so much!! When do you have to go back to work?

I think my mom is coming over tonight to watch New Moon. She still hasn't finished Twilight yet though - she is the slowest reader; she reads a page a day or something :lol: I haven't saw the movie in a while so should be good!!

Well I'm off just now. Bye!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Okay, I'm going to do a good post later, but you girls got to check this out

it a clip from 'welcome to the Rileys'....and Kris is killing it!!! BEWARE CLIP CAN ONLY BE WATCHED IF YOU ARE 17 AND OLDER (mods, don't worry the clip is secured against younger viewers)....

I wanted to post it because I trully believe Kris deserves a Oscar for this...it's so believable...

Edit: OMG they just casted Jenks for BD...

Second Edit: I need some help in the tech depatment...do any of you girls know how to make a screen cap (pic) from a dvd...I have a dvd with footage we took during a party and I wanted to use it to make picture diary...please help
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Friday Indeed, Ladies!

Because I'm at Ginnie's House in Florida right now!!!!

I had quite an adventure getting here flying "space available".

This was my journey: Minneapolis to Atlanta to Tampa where Ginnie picked me up (over an hour drive for her). Wasn't that nice of her? Her kids were really good sports about it. All the Orlando flights from MSP and ATL were overbooked with actual paying passengers on standby and NOT getting on!

Sorry I don't have time for a mega post right now....Ginnie's serving grub now and her adorable kids are vying for my attention!

I'll catch you later!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks,

My mom and I watched New Moon tonight :D She said she quite enjoyed it, but didn’t know if she liked Twilight or New Moon better. She thought they were pretty different (which they are I think! lol). I hope she reads the books soon...I was trying to tell her how much better they were than the films, and it would mean she would understand all the little looks and gestures in the movies...

Anyways, I LOVED watching it again!! I'm gonna go on a wee New Moon rant ;)

The last time I saw it was when Eclipse came out during The Twilight Experience. I forgot how much how I loved the movie... I love Charlie. Billy Burke is just awesome. I almost exploded with excitement during the slo-mo walk in the parking lot...RobWard just blows me away here!! The break up broke me, and Bella’s hurt & nightmares chipped away at the pieces I had left. I don’t get the people who say Kristen is a really bad actress at this point – I think she portrays the despair of Bella pretty perfectly.

I loved the funny parts that were added in...I even giggled when Jake says “what a marshmallow:lol: And I think the part when Bella says that you can’t run with vampires “cos they’re fast” is hysterical!!

And then the reunion. Wow. Just...wow. When Bella slams into him and he mutters “heaven” and when he realises she is not dead... my broken heart slams back together so fast that it leaves me breathless. And the kiss.... do you see the way his hands are holding her head??? I think I may need to find a very nice screencap of this scene.

As much as I dislike Alice & Edward fighting the Volturi, I really love the way this added scene is done. I think the action part is pretty cool, the desperation in Bella’s voice as she tries to save Edward makes me get goosebumps, and when she tell’s Aro that he doesn’t know a think about Edward’s soul... just bravo!

So yeah.... sorry for the major rambling about the film :P But I just really really liked watching it again!! I cannot wait until December now to get Eclipse!! Hurry up!! :lol:

Anyways..

I have been sitting up for the past couple hours playing The Sims waiting on the internet getting fixed (my server crashed earlier on tonight and thousands of homes were without access) cos I really wanted to post what I thought of New Moon Haha!

Marielle - To take a screencap of a dvd you can just hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard and then paste this pic into Paint or an image program. That's what I do anyway - I hope it works for you!
Wow, thanks for the WttR clip - Kristen is just..wow. I so hope this movie is released here... I am gonna go check after here. I hope she gets recognised for this. People can't just saw she's "playing Bella" now, cos you know, very different from Bella. I love Kristen! :D
EDIT: Apparently no release has been confirmed for the UK :( That's well rubbish!!

Anyways, it late o'clock so I'm off to bed. Dreaming of some RobWard me hopes! :D :lol:

MAJOR EDIT: WOW! Susie & Ginnie - I didn't even suspect you two! LOL! YAY!! Another HH meet up... yep I am jealous! Haha! How long are you down in Florida for Susie? Ginnie, isn't she great? I hope (actually I just know!) that you 2 have an awesome time and we can't wait to hear all about it!!!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Susie~ :lol: You rock, girl! Hope you have the best time with Ginnie and her kiddoes.

Jaclyn~ Nice recap of NM, dear! I honestly can't watch it that much. It is the one I saw in theaters the fewest times. And, my DVD really only ever sees the light of the Fast Forward to Edward version. What can I say, the break up and the angst kills me and Jacob kind of makes me want to kill him. But, I'm so glad your mom enjoyed it. Can't wait to hear her reactions to Eclipse!! Hmmm, I don't have screencaps of that beautiful moment, but I do have gifs. You know I'm always one to share.

Marielle~ :shock: 8-) Awesome!! Thanks for the clip. You're absolutely right. Kristen totally rocks that scene!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS