HAPPY HUMP DAY!
I’m a bit tired out from this crazy weather, so I will try to make a quick mega post (if that even is possible!) Everyone had their winter coats/hats/gloves on today - the temp is 40F with wind and rain. Seriously, you just want to go home and get in bed. Even though I’m a native Northern girl, the first few weeks of winter-like weather are really hard to adjust to.
It’s nice to see so much activity on the thread – a little over 10 pages to go before we have to have a new christening, girls! We should start planning it now! I’ll bet it will happen next week.Raine
– That’s so funny that your SIL’s company is having trick or treating!! The fairy costume sounds beautiful. I definitely would have wanted to wear that when I was that age. You’re going to your grandparents’ villa? Is that next to Rob and Kristen’s villa? You’d better check it out. For All Soul’s Day, is it similar to what Mexicans do at the cemetery – The Day of the Dead??
– Practicing restraint and patience is good. Perhaps he wants to feel at his best to talk to you and he was tired last night – or maybe the interview didn’t go well and is embarrassed about it. Who knows? Our menfolk are so fragile!
– Congrats on making your bus this morning! For some reason, when you said you moved to Iowa to go to college, I thought you left your family behind. I’m glad you have your mom and brother – that way you won’t be too lonely. Your TV friend???? Hey! Build that relationship – invite her over to watch a show with you. I know just what you mean about behavior and not being interested in doing all the stupid stuff your peers do. You ARE more mature. It’s not a “better than you” kind of thing, it’s just where you are at. You are probably an “old soul” if you believe in that kind of New Agey thing. My daughter certainly is an old soul. She never was like the other kids. I took her on a trip to Washington DC to go to the National Gallery of Art when she was in 2nd grade and she actually was interested in the art. I thought all kids were like that until my son was that age and I observed other kids. I’m glad you’ve signed up for a Public Speaking class. And by the way, Yes. You DO write well. Just channel that in the right direction. Your writing foundation is good.
– I’ve been to your ‘burb---Is my Starbucks OK??? Wow – scary weather. I’m glad your house survived intact. Pretty scary at work yesterday with the power outage. Good thing you were smart enough to get everyone to turn off their computers. I’m so glad you didn’t do any damage to your Robcrack…Nice “pre hump day” pics. AND Nice “legit” hump day pics!! Your relaxing day at home sounds wonderful. Still, I have a hard time picturing you as inactive…
– I was wondering if you had Tornado warnings too! Moving patients to the hallways does sound like it would interfere with PT. You must not have gotten much done yesterday. Yes, sis, I should leave a warm sweater at work just in case. But which one can I sacrifice?
– I’m sorry to hear you hurt your back playing tennis. You must have really swung hard. Were you playing singles with your bf? I believe Michael Sheen has signed. LOVE all of your hump day contributions!!! I hope you get a good night’s sleep!
– Yes. Food and that other thing that starts with the same letter (I wouldn’t know about such things) are supposed to be the two ways to keep a man happy.
It sounds like you had a relaxing day yesterday. Your description of lying on your daughter’s bed chatting made me feel very nostalgic!
– How did your big experiment go? It sounds really impressive to me. Pumpkin is a squash – so if you’ve eaten squash you know sort of what it’s like. Pumpkin Pie, though it a whole different thing because it is a custard pie made with evaporated milk and egg and sugar, of course. The spices are cinnamon, allspice and cloves. It’s made in a pastry shell without a top crust. We usually serve it with whipped cream. I probably shouldn’t be giving these details to someone who feels a little sick – sorry about the garlic bread making you feel yucky. Too much butter? I’m sure you’ll be back to normal tomorrow.
– I’m doing my little happy dance right now because you really are back, dude! Tell us more about the new guy…you met him at a music festival, right? 2 hours away – that’s only a bit inconvenient…Does he live in the direction in which you plan to move?
Time to make dinner – it’s Fajitas, since we have peppers from the farmers’ market.Talk to you later!