Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: The Soundtrack

Post by mlola619 »

loverboyis wrote:One thing I would not look forward in Twilight would absolutely be 'mainstream'/'overheard' artists to be in the film. Personally, I think the Soundtrack for any movie or TV show is crucial; it can make such a huge impact upon the emotions and the characters them self’s. I wouldn't want some Much Music Top 30 song we heard 100 times a before in such a major scene, it gives away the moment and overall, it's predictable.
Agreed, i'd bash my head into the wall if something mainstream like Rihanna came on XD. Though i'm positive Catherine wouldn't do that to us. Not only that but she seems to know good music- the kind of music that isn't in mainstream and deserves recognition; so i have faith in the people making this book a reality...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
EdwardWannabe
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardWannabe »

Some people I know (well, all of the Twilight fans I know) think that they should use a lot of Muse and Stephenie's other favorite bands because they are what helped inspire her to write the series.
eizel
Learning to Love Green

Post by eizel »

i cant wait to hear Bella's lullaby... Time is running out by muse is really good
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

EdwardWannabe wrote:Some people I know (well, all of the Twilight fans I know) think that they should use a lot of Muse and Stephenie's other favorite bands because they are what helped inspire her to write the series.
I agree, but then again most of the songs she's listed aren't really my type of music- not that they're bad, just not my taste. But if it holds true to SM, then i'm up for it; its her story
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
yomahmaful
Settled in Forks

Post by yomahmaful »

loverboyis wrote:One thing I would not look forward in Twilight would absolutely be 'mainstream'/'overheard' artists to be in the film. Personally, I think the Soundtrack for any movie or TV show is crucial; it can make such a huge impact upon the emotions and the characters them self’s. I wouldn't want some Much Music Top 30 song we heard 100 times a before in such a major scene, it gives away the moment and overall, it's predictable.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mine the odd Coldplay or Muse song, at lease the music has more of a creative usage of lyrics and the alternative bands fit perfectly into Twilight.
Just wouldn't want it to overflow with the same predictable-we-heard-that-singer-and-band-everyday-now ... Vannessa Cartlon and "Time is Running Out" has been suggest just about everybody - it's gotten a bit overheard of in my honest opinion. I would rather hear something new, it wouldn't give away of the story that would be happening. Plus by the time the movie come outs, it more than likely that the popular musicians we hear of a daily bases can get a little bit tired by the time it hit theaters.

I totally agree with you. No mainstream or familiar songs but maybe similar and underground. I approach it this way. The movie will be familiar because we have read the book already, so the thing to make this film pop out would be the use of mostly unknown bands and genres. For example, when I first saw The Crow the visuals grabbed me but not as much as the music of mostly unheard artist. Unheard in the sense of not in the top 40.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

yomahmaful wrote:I totally agree with you. No mainstream or familiar songs but maybe similar and underground. I approach it this way. The movie will be familiar because we have read the book already, so the thing to make this film pop out would be the use of mostly unknown bands and genres. For example, when I first saw The Crow the visuals grabbed me but not as much as the music of mostly unheard artist. Unheard in the sense of not in the top 40.
This may have been mentioned before, and I know that it was talked about on the previous Lex, but the person in charge of the music for the movie is the same person that handled music for The OC. Regardless of whether you liked that show, the music they had on it was always excellent and a good mix of well-knowns and unheard-ofs. :)

So, I'm guessing good things are in the works.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
boatsandbirds<3
Settled in Forks

Post by boatsandbirds<3 »

It would be cool if they used "Brightly Wound" by Eisley, "Breathe Me" by Sia, "You Picked Me" by A Fine Frenzy, or any songs on Stephenie's playlist. And of course, any Muse songs.
I don't have time to read all of the previous posts, so sorry if any of this has already been mentioned.
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

Alexandra Patsavas is amazing with indie musicians and finding great underground artists, I completely have full confidence with her - lol I was just saying how it would be terrible with mainstreamed songs putted into the Soundtrack, it wouldn't really fit in with Twilight I think. Perhaps for Prom I wouldn't care if there was Rihanna or someone, I mean it is prom and that would be expected.

Anyway .. I'm really hoping for the odd Folk song in the movie, the surrounding background with the small-town feel, I can always imagine hearing Lay Low, "Please Don't Hate Me" playing when Bella is going to school the first time. The title says it all actually lol.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
iamcocobanana
Settled in Forks

Post by iamcocobanana »

You guys do know that Rob is making the lullaby himself...right?
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

i have a question, in the clip on the penelope dvd... does ANYONE know the song that plays? i love just listening to that... but i haven't gotten a clue what it is.

anyone know?
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*