Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by debussygirl »

I don't know anything about camera angles and stuff, so for the most part I was fine. I just thought it was weird during the baseball scene when they kept on moving to everyone's face. It was weirdly over-dramatic to me, like an old western or something.
Oh, and if Catherine did tell Rob to do a puke-face like Lynzee said, then she needs to read that part of Twilight again. In no place was Edward about to puke.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

On second viewing, I didn't really think it looked like a puke face anymore... he just looks overwhelmed and like he needs to run out of the room and breathe! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

soozabooza54 wrote:On second viewing, I didn't really think it looked like a puke face anymore... he just looks overwhelmed and like he needs to run out of the room and breathe! :)
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! overwhelmed! thats a good word-- not that she smelled BAD--- but maybe too good?

but i can see why she would smell her hair.. he looked horrible-- actually i really like that scene now.. haha

OH MAN
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

yeahhh i didn't really like catherine too much..
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN CULLEN AND JASPER HALE <333
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

It should be interesting to see if they ask Catherine to come back or not - I really hope they do! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

soozabooza54 wrote:It should be interesting to see if they ask Catherine to come back or not - I really hope they do! :)

Hey Susan, check your pm!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I guess we are going to be cursed with her stupid directing - again! :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Rabbit.Smith87
Settled in Forks

Post by Rabbit.Smith87 »

Edward'sDrug:)
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward'sDrug:) »

PETITION FOR A NEW DIRECTOR.
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE 100%!
this woman is terrible. she made so many serious scenes funny. now i know that the twilight saga had humor in it which i loved but in the movie she just wanted to change to many things.
when they were shooting the famous quote from the book "so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
she was like oh i dont like that we are going to have to take that out and Stephenie Meyer was like umm no that is staying do you know how many fan letters i have gotton adoring that line?! and hardwicke was like yea but it really doesnt fit nor make sense to me i really just dont like it and want it out.
stephenie was like NO IT IS STAYING AND THATS FINAL!
plus with some of the jumping trees scenes i was like what?! no it looked so fake and stupid. the part i really liked was when he flung "Bella"(kristen Stewart) on his back and started to run. that was awesome and amazing and it didnt look cheesy like a lot of the scenes did.
ilikeitcold
Settled in Forks

Post by ilikeitcold »

After my second full viewing and the many times I've re-watched certain clips, my only remaining issues are with the directing. Take the first kiss scene, which starts off perfect, the lighting, the music and the camera angle all set the perfect mood. When Edward says "be very still" and then "don't move", I didn't move, I think I probably quit breathing, but then as I was breathlessly anticipating their lips touching, the camera changes angles, first to Bella then to Edward before going back to the kiss from the first angle. This completely broke the spell that I was under, and I hated that.