General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
be my escape
Totally Inside Jacob's Mind

Volturi and Werewolves

Post by be my escape »

What did you think of the Volturi's response to the wolves? Caius was not particularly happy, what did you think of his reasoning for that? What do you think of Aro wanting to keep them as guards dog?
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Volturi and Werewolves

Post by BeautifulVeins »

Well I think Edward said something later on, after the confrontation with the Volturi, that a thousand years ago or something Caius had a fight with a werewolf and nearly lost and he's terrified of them, and seeing that the wolves look a lot like the children of the moon, I'm not suprised Caius wasn't happy.
I thought that Aro was kind of just mocking when he called them Guard Dogs...maybe not
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

I thought it was interesting their reaction to the wolves. And the story about Caius hunting down werewolves because of one incident. Sounds like serious stereotyping to me - blaming the entire race because of one person's actions. You would hope that someone who's governing the entire vampire race would be a little more open minded.
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BeautifulVeins »

dragon-girl wrote: Sounds like serious stereotyping to me - blaming the entire race because of one person's actions. You would hope that someone who's governing the entire vampire race would be a little more open minded.
I agree. Caius is very narrow minded. I almost think he was as eager for a fight as the Romanians.
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

I'm not sure if Caius is narrow minded, just power hungry. He likes the power he has and his reaction to being almost beaten by a werewolf is understandable because it shows he is breakable, his power can be lost. So he got rid of any other threats to his power, the other werewolves. He wanted to fight in Breaking Dawn because, like stated in the book, this was the biggest threat they had ever faced, they way he felt about the werewolves.
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

I don't agree.

I think that he took an interest in Werewolves because he lost. It was definitely vengeance. However i think that hunting them down had a lot to do with keeping their world secret.

As it was said the nice Jacob kind of wolves were not werewolves but shape shifters. Real werewolves are more of the movie version. Out of control and if they scratch or bite you then they have created another wolf that turns on the full moon.

I don't know if we should be thinking "poor profiled werewolves" i think we should be thanking Casuis for keeping an epidemic under control.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

One of the other problems with this question is that we just don't know enough about the real werewolves, the Children of the Moon. BD didn't really give us many facts about them, or much information to work from.
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

But enough to infer between the lines regarding the fact that they are dangerous to humanity, as well. It seems like that vampire's natural enemy isn't so because they protect humans, but rather because they both seem to prefer the same kind of food. And, as in any location where someone tries to take the last piece of whatever you love in the buffet, you'd be stabbing them with a fork (I might have done something like it once--except I only threatened. You don't get between me and my sushi).

The werewolves may not feed on humans, but if they can infect humans, then that affects the vampire food supply. I doubt anyone would like to eat something that stinks to high heaven.

Add that to a fight where Caius almost didn't make it out, and it's unsurprising he's targeting the lot of them. They could try to excuse their actions, but it's obviously a vendetta and matches what we've learned of Caius' disposition. A burn now, never ask questions one. Such a foil to my Aro.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Doodle wrote:I'm not sure if Caius is narrow minded, just power hungry. He likes the power he has and his reaction to being almost beaten by a werewolf is understandable because it shows he is breakable, his power can be lost. So he got rid of any other threats to his power, the other werewolves. He wanted to fight in Breaking Dawn because, like stated in the book, this was the biggest threat they had ever faced, they way he felt about the werewolves.
Agreed.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I thought it was kind of typical of Aro to want them as guard dogs. More protection=more power. I did like finding out that Jacob's pack weren't actual werewolves, just shape-shifters, though. It makes them seem less intimidating. :D
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee