Make Up

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Make Up

Post by Pel »

This is a thread for all things makeup.

What can't you live without?
What brands do you use?
What makeup tips do you want to share?
Your worst makeup story?
Are you having a good makup day?
Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow?
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Make Up

Post by Elizabeth »

I am a child of the 80s, but not old enough to wear makeup when the decade ended, thank God! Blue eyeshadow is ok, to a point. Like the saying goes, everything is ok in moderation. I've become a big fan of MAC eye products. The pigments are awesome! They last forever. The pressed eyeshadows are true to color like the pigments. I wear chapstick all the time- even under lipstick, I never go anywhere without it. I'm so obsessed with chapstick, that I keep some on my nightstand to put on before I go to bed so my lips don't chap at night.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

I'm guilty of still wearing blue eyeshadow lol.

But other than that, I wear light mascara, eyeshadow (light green is my favorite) some peach blush and light lipgloss or pink coral lipstick.

My hair and complextion do not mix with bold colors...more of a natural feel. I use lots of stuff from Merle Norman.

I'm having a great make-up day. I just got my eyebrows waxed and my hair styled, so I finally and feeling good lol.
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
catieolacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by catieolacullen »

I normally wear a decent amount of mascara, but I don't let it clump. And I'm guilty of wearing it on the bottom lashes... despite it's supposed to be bad for you? Anyone know why? And I wear some eyeliner sometimes in black or grey because it makes my eyes stand out. And sometimes I wear this like, light gold eye shadow. I sometimes wear blush but not usually. I don't use lip stick, lip gloss, cover up, or anything really. I just stick to mascara, eyeliner, chap stick (burt's bees is lovely!!), and the occasional eye shadow. I don't really get too into makeup.
La tua cantante...
HATE SPINNERBAIT!
Is anyone else here a Sarah Dessen fan, also?
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

A nice Mascara (Diorshow Black), Natural light-pink Blush (NARS Blush) and a Sheer Lipgloss (Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss).

What brands do you use?
Variety from Benefit, Urban Decay, NARS, Smashbox and YSL/Dior, as well of Burts Bee's.

It shocking on how many people look better with less makeup; the cackey style is never a good look really. Keep your makeup routine to a minim, it shouldn't be taking a half-hour to be putting products onto your face.
+ For whenever I feel especially tired or pale, I always go straight to Benefit's Holla Bronzer, it's goes on natural and gives you an instant lift. And for me, I have big light-brown eyes so I usually stay clear from eyeliner unless I'm going to a party and putting it on very lightly. Other wise I look like a mini-version of Amy Whinehouse lol.

Your worst makeup story?
Haha, none yet, hopping it stays that way :)

Today I'm not wearing any, expect for lip chap.

Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eye shadow?
90's child lol, but it generally does not please with the average-day person. I only seen it maybe once or twice on people who wear it and look lovely - other than that, bright blue eye shadow reminds of a David Bowie music video.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
LindsAy
Settled in Forks

Post by LindsAy »

Eyeliner! If I have to put on one thing of makeup, it has to be that.

What brands do you use?
Bobbi Brown liner and shadow are my usual, but I like playing around with brands too. I'm never quite happy with what I have so I like trying new things.

Put your eyeliner as close to the ledge of your eye as possible, and not too thick. If you use too much, it will make your eyes look smaller. Also, be careful if you use bronzer or foundation that it isn't too dark or light for your skin. It just looks really unnatural.

Your worst makeup story?
When I was about 12 I bought some new foundation...it was the same color I usually get so I thought it would work, but in this brand it was WAY lighter. So I put it on and I looked like I had white clown makeup on, and my family laughed at me. Not too bad of a story I guess. :P

I didn't wear any today. It depends on where I'm going, who I'm seeing, and how lazy I'm feeling. I feel MUCH better about myself though when I wear it though.

LOL, no. I've worn blue eye shadow before though. I thought it looked good but in pictures it usually looks weird!

Question for anybody reading this thread: Does anyone else have the problem of eyeliner smearing all the time (or know how I could fix it)? Usually after 5-6 hours it's halfway off, smeared under my eyes, even when I make it a point not to rub them. I've tried putting powder underneath too, but nothing works. :cry:
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I use Clinique. But instead of wearing it like my mom said I am suppose to, I wear it heavy. That is just the style in our small town. Heavy eyeliner, a little mascara, any any type of expensive or designer brand lip gloss.
VampireKnight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by VampireKnight »

Super black eyeliner!!! Even if my face has alot of make up on, I can't feel good walking out the door without it on.

What brands do you use?
L'oreal (eye shadow, especially HIP!!!, eyeliner), Maybelline (mascara), Lancome (lipstick), CoverGirl (powder, foundation), N.Y.C (cover stick, blush). Lancome is my favorite lipstick brand and then Burt's Bees for my chapstick needs.

Get comfortable with lighter colors that go with your complextion. It's more natural, you don't need much of it and it looks cleaner and fresher. Plus you don't look like you have too much makeup on.

Your worst makeup story?
I put too much on a couple of times and people asked me who beat me up. I've also been make fun of for looking like a clown.

Yup.

I wore blue eyeshadow almost religiously in high school as a freshman. Then I got close to a guy who said I looked better with natural colors so I haven't worn as much since.
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

Mmm, I love mineral foundation, and mascara.

What brands do you use?

Mac is probably my favorite, and clinique. I also use bare minerals and estee lauder.

Make your eyeliner thinker on the outside edges, it makes your eyes look bigger. Also check your makeup in natural light, because what looks good in the bathroom lights, might not looks so great once you step outside.

Your worst makeup story?
I don't know, one time I forget to put mascara on my eyes, but I had everything else all done. I guess that was kinda ugly.

Are you having a good makup day?I didn't wear any today. I don't like wearing makeup if im not doing anything important or really going anywhere. I'm sick.

Ha, not a child of the eighties. Blue eyeshadow is ugly. It reminds me of mimi from the drew carey show.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

I probably sound like a downer, but I don't wear make up. XP

I normally get 4 hours of sleep a day because of my terrible choices. I lay off the homework until 11 or so at night, then I wake up at 6:00 am for a zero hour class. I just don't have time for the make-up (even the mascara)!

Honestly, I don't remember any moment in my life that I willingly wore make-up outside the house.
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!