Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cedwardrox
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Favorite Scenes

Post by cedwardrox »

I'm not sure about my favorite scene, one is when bella convinced her dad to meet Edward. He had been playing with his gun. So he flipped it closed saying, "Alright. Bring him in." The whole theatre cracked up. One of my favorite lines was the one on my sig: "And so the lion fell in live with the lamb."
"What a stupid lamb."
"What a sick, masochistic lion."
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Okay, after only seeing it once, these are the ones I think I liked the best...

1) The Kiss. OH MY GOODNESS! Words are not enough for how hott it was!
2) Vampire Baseball! SO awesome! And Supermassive Black Hole fit the scene well!
3) The scene where Bella is googling the "Cold Ones"... the music just gets so intense and the cuts between the words on the screen and shots of Edward get faster and faster until it ends with the shot of Edward biting Bella... I just really loved that scene so much! It was really well done!
4) The prom scene!
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
denise!
Settled in Forks

Post by denise! »

i loved the whole movie, but i'm just gunna do my top 5 favorite scenes.

1. The Prom: Probably my favorite part of the whole movie. It was just so good and the music was perfect. When Edward lifted Bella so she could stand on his feet I awed out loud. And him kissing her neck...oh sigh. And then there was this one part where Bella's face looked just so...vulnerable, I can't remamber what she was saying but it was amazing, Kristen Stewart's facial expressions blow me away sometimes. Then when they kiss, it's the sweetest thing and I absolutely love it. And I loved how they set up New Moon with Victoria being there,that was cool.

2. The Kiss- Seriosuly, hottest kiss I've ever seen. It was so good, Kristen and Rob's chemistry is undeniable...I got chills. But then after when they showed the montage of them talking in Bella's bed and when she falls asleep against him, omg it's just so sweet, I love it.

3. Ballet Studio- MADE OF AWESOME. Seriously it was so cool. James was terrifying and Alice was kickass. But my favorite part of it was when Edward couldn't stop sucking Bella's blood and that montage of Bella and him started and you could hear Carlisle's voice saying "find the will" and Let Me Sign was playing. It was perfect, I bursted into tears.

4. Baseball Scene- Loved it so much, seeing the vampires let go was awesome. Emmett was so funny and lovable, Rosalie was a ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch as I knew she would be and Nikki pulled it off awesomely, Jasper was HOT, omg, when he did that bat thing...almost died, Carlisle was so cute when he went up to hit, and I loved how sweet Esme is.

5. Leaving Fork's scene- It was heart breaking. first when Bella had to hurt Charlie, ugh omg , his face was just so sad and I just wanted to cry with Bella...Kristen and Billy did awesome. And then when Edward and Bella have to say goodbye, Edward's face almost killed me, seriously, Rob is amazing.
Sabeth
Settled in Forks

Post by Sabeth »

1. Cullens Cooking-Emmett and Rosalie were hilarious!
2. Baseball-Jasper was so hot there!
3. Introduction of Cullens at school
4. Prom
5. Tie between the nomads about to kill that guy or the human kids

Theres more I really enjoyed too but I'll leave it at that for now.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

So much to read, so little time!! I loved the movie!!!! That about sums it up for me! I have a few favorites:

1. My most highly-anticipated scene was when Edward sucked the venom out of Bella's wound. For me, there are absolute pivotal moments in the story- the meadow and this one. They deal with what Edward is struggling with inside- being what he is and telling Bella about it (meadow); and dealing with letting Bella turn or keep her human (venom-sucking). We only get Bella's half-aware version of this event; Edward tells Bella after she wakes up that he didn't think it was possible for him to stop sucking her blood, but that he did. I KNEW it was going to be a struggle for him, since Bella's blood calls to him. I wanted to see the anguish and just how difficult it is for Edward. Sure, he TELLS her, but Edward always edits things for Bella. Since it's from Bella's POV, I don't think we as the reader fully understand what it's like for Edward. I love how he "found the will" to stop drinking her blood. I like how his thoughts went from Bella to the deer in the forest, in essence telling him that she is not food for him, but that animals are... I know that sounds cheesy, but that's how I saw the flashes running through his mind.

2. The baseball game was just freakin' AWESOME!!!!! The banter between Edward and Emmett was great!! It was nice to see Edward laugh! I found myself saying, "Go J-yaspa!" (Jasper). This was the PERFECT spot for Muse's song, too!!!

3. I enjoyed the human friends more than I did in the book. I really could just write a letter to Catherine and Melissa for doing a bang-up job with them!!!!! I don't want this to sound crass, but come on, we all know what teenage love is, and how our friends take second-place when we find that boy/girlfriend that we obsess over. I just felt that compared to the movie, the kids in the book were just boring. No offense to SM, but now I'll have something to keep in mind when I read again.
A. Mike is so much more likable in the movie. He's just as I pictured him! My favorite part is when Tyler dumps him out of his chair at lunch!
B. Angela is just a doll! I really like her in the book, and her presence in the movie was so easy to watch; she's my favorite human in the story. I can't wait to see how she deals with Bella's depression in New Moon!
C. Eric- wow, just wow, he is hilarious! I always saw him as a shy dork in the book- again, Catherine and Melissa, great job!
D. My absloute favorite human-friend moment is when Bella sees them coming out of that restaurant when Edward is driving her to his house after the baseball game. Bella is in a life-and-death situation here with James hunting her, and she sees her friends just hanging out and laughing, being normal, having a good time. So much can be read in Bella's glance at them, and in Edward's glance at her. It's almost like she's thinking, "there they go, not a care in the world, and I'm running for my life." Edward looks like, "look at what I'm taking from her; she should be out there with them, not running from a sadistic vampire bent on killing her." I teared up at this point, because Bella is realizing that life will never be normal for her now that Edward is in it.

4. The kiss... OH MY EDWARD!!!!! Did you notice the look on his face after they touched lips the first time?? You could tell he was struggling with his thirst, like his throat actually was on fire- that was so hotttt! I loved it when he told her to "be very still," then "don't move." His hesitation felt so real to me, like he wasn't sure if he was ready for this step, but wanted to feel what it would be like to kiss her- swoon indeed!

5. Charlie. Everything about Charlie. Charlie. Everything about Charlie. I love that he has a bigger presence in the movie than in the book. In my head, Charlie had lighter hair and less of it, and no mustache. I love THIS Charlie better... so much better! I laughed so many times at his reactions to Edward- such a real dad! My favorite line of his is "Bella's playing baseball?? Good luck with that."

6. The ending with Victoria!!!!!! This was the perfect lead-in for "New Moon" the movie. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned... and she has every right!! I love how they showed her heart broken emotion, then the "I'm coming for YOU" look on her face- priceless!!

7. This probably should have been #1, but it's late, and I don't feel like changing it. :) My favorite thing over all is how ALIVE the characters are! When reading the book, they felt real, but now, I don't know, it just seems like there's another dimension to them. This says good things about NM movie, too. I think that because the students' characters were added-to a bit, and that they had more of a presence in the movie, it's going to make Bella's depression in NM stand out more and feel more real to the watcher.
littlenudger
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenudger »

i loved the scene where edward and bella were at the resturant and he was telling her what everyone was thinking.. " sex...money...sex...money...sex............cat" i was laughing so hard.

the baseball scene i think was a crowd favorite!!! emmet is now officially one of my favorites now all b/c of this movie. his banter was just funny and the fact that he always seemed to have his ball cap to the side of his head was just funny.

i loved it when esme told rose to clean up the broken bowl.. i was like "yeah!! tell her.." thats when my friends looked at me weird for getting mad at a movie lol

i just wish that edward had not looked like he was going to throw up when he saw her, but oh well there is always a sequel :D
E<3B
Alice Cullen Quirkier than you since 1901
Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

The Port Angeles dinner scene was always my favorite in the book, and it was too in the movie. Really just the line: "Sex. Money. Sex. Money. Money. Cat."

Also, in all irony, I was a HUGE fan of Mike's in movie. I found him to be beyond hilarious. It's ironic because I hate Mike Newton in the books. :lol:
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Emerie
Settled in Forks

Post by Emerie »

1. My favourite scene of all is when Edward walks into the cafeteria in the beginning!
I almost lost my breath when I first saw him walking in.. :3

2. My second favourite scene is when they are playing baseball! I just love it when the music comes and so on. :D Love it, love it, love it!

3. When Edward and Bella is getting out of the car, and walks to school, and Edward wars sunglasses. XD I was smiling throughout the whole scene..
4. I love the scene when Bella and Eward is having dinner at the restaurant, and Edward is all like "sex.. money, money.. sex.. money.. cat!" XD I laughed so much.

5. I don't know why, but I really like the scene when Edward is sucking out the venom out of Bella. He looks so.. hot, yet so cute while doing it. He also look quit hungry. XD

Well I love the whole movie, really! But I have to say the book is better..
Oh I almost forgot the scene when Edward said "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.." O: <3
That was just too cuuuute. :3
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I hope twinnie doens't see this considering the fact that Germany hasn't seen it yet! So twinnie, IGNORE THIS POST OF MINE!

I loooooved the Baseball scene, and uhmmm.....the Port Angeles scene when Patty saved the day. lolll

LOVED IT!
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Okay, I have posted in other threads my intense disappointment in this movie, but I do have my favorite moments:

1)The baseball scene, great song with the scene.
2) The soundtrack was perfect for the movie.
3) The bedroom scene was, well... hot.
4)The very end with Victoria watching them from the window and look on her face as she turned around and slowly walked out - it said "It is not over yet and it has only just begun....." Great segueway to New Moon and beyond.

That's it.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict