General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Re: Denali Coven

Post by Alcyone »

I didn't care either way about the Denali. However, I rescind from my past posts. Kate for the win. Garrett for the win. Kate/Garrett for the win.

Now that that's out of the way, I enjoyed reading about them. It's a different tale surrounding the Denali sisters change in lifestyle, one fraught with even more conflict than Carlisle (Ergo, more interesting ;) ). Eleazar's past as a Volturi Guard was a pleasant surprise, especially how Carmen managed to pull him from them. Amazing.

Carmen I had problems with for one problem and that was her use of Spanish. It just came out of nowhere and really served no purpose (I'm a bit touchy when it comes to my native tongue. So sue me). Mentioning Spanish descent rather than trying to hammer it through would have been preferable; English should have been maintained.

Regarding Irina, I was unsurprised regarding her fate. She had death stamped over her forehead since the incident with Laurent. She may not have deserved it, but she had to know the risk she was running by involving the Volturi.

Tanya neither impressed me, nor made me dislike her. She was actually disappointing. I was expecting more.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Nadia
Settled in Forks

Post by Nadia »

I liked the coven until they refused to help the Cullen's with the newborns.............but in this book i was happy that they got back to being a family.............i just wished that everything could have been explained to Irina..........i was so sad for her sisters in the end some1 should have killed Marcus.........i never really saw the Voltori as really bad until i realized that they were just so plain evil and killed Irina
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Iris Messenger wrote:i absolutely loved the Denali coven. It was so nice to see them portrayed in such a positive way. They didn't come across as devious or slutty or anyway they were being written in fanfiction.

Irina is perhaps my favorite of them, because she did speak out at the end of the trial, taking back her evidence and probably realizing the danger she'd be in when she did this.

I agree with you completley! I was so angry when I suspected Irina went to the Volturi at first(before this actually was stated inthe book). I like how she was "mature" enough to swollow her pride and admit she was wrong. I know I have a hard time doing that sometimes and it takes quite a character to admit you were wrong. All in all, the Denali clan was geat! = ]

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
secsec1
Settled in Forks

Post by secsec1 »

I thought it was interesting that there are 2 extra names under the Denali Coven's list in the back in the Vampire Index.

I also think its interesting that they are Russian (or at least their names would suggest that, well besides the Carmon and Eleazar who are Spanish). It'll be interesting to read the rest of their back story.

I liked the coven as a whole, i think its cool that they see themselves as part of the Cullen's family, that they are all cousens. I think it does show that restraining from human blood allows vampires to make more human connections and i think that'll play in whatever future SM creates for her charactors, it seems to be an on going theme.

HEHE, now we just need to find Tanya a husband and they'll be all mached up too hehe. That'd be a fun story too, I'd like to see her find her mate.
Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves.

Blaise Pascal
French mathematician, physicist (1623 - 1662)

obsessedsmallgirl3
Settled in Forks

Post by obsessedsmallgirl3 »

I loved that Breaking Dawn answered all my questions about the Denali clan. Especially Kate and Eleazer's powers
"You should've seen his face when I started taking off my clothes, though. Priceless."

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rene ... e.jpg?o=17
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I think the Denali coven has an awesome and interesting past, kind of sad though. I would have liked to learn more, even though quite a bit was explained.
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

I love the Denali Coven!

Carmen is really sweet when she was talking to Renesmee I was like awww, Eleazar is really interesting, and Kate is just hilarious! I'm including Garrett in the Denalis cause he joined at the end. Him and Kate are such a good couple! I liked Tanya too, and the way Irina just stood up to the Volturi was really brave. They're just great!
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

The Denali really surprised me, I pictured them bigheaded and unfriendly from what we got in Eclipse. But they have their hearts in the right place. Irina was very brave when she made up for her mistake and I wished Caius would have paid for his order to kill her. To my mind Irina paid (undeservedly) for the mistake of her mother, too.
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Irina definately desereved to be punished for what she did to the Cullens, but the death penalty was hardly necessary. Cauis is just a big meany :( haha

I was wondering why they are called the Denali Coven all the time. Don't they have last names? The Cullens aren't called the Forks' Coven.

And, I'm not sure about this, but it seems like they never move. I just get the impression that they've lived in Denali for a long time. Wouldn't they have had to move, to keep up with the charade? I'm sure they do, but I just get the feeling like they've always been there.
secsec1
Settled in Forks

Post by secsec1 »

I think most of the coven's are known by their location, the Cullens are called by their location in the Vampire Index, and the other's are listed by location as well, so i think that's where that comes from. But also, depending on when they were created, poeple didnt have last names, they were Stacey from Rome or whatever. you were known by where you lived and/or what you did. so if the Denali's are old enough, that could be why. Or it could be that the Denali's dont move (like was suggested earlier), there's a lot of open area in Alaska w/o people for miles. so they dont need a last name to keep up their sharade (but i'm sure they do if they do any traveling, need to have something on their documents), but the Cullen's do, because they life amongst humans who would notice if you didnt have a last name. But it's an interesting thought.
Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves.

Blaise Pascal
French mathematician, physicist (1623 - 1662)