Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Location, Location, Location

Post by debussygirl »

So now that we know there's going to be a New Moon *squee!* I can't wait to see the city they pick to be Volterra! I love Italy (well, I've never been there but it looks pretty :) ) so I can't wait to see that!
NEW MOON!! WOOHOO!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

debussygirl wrote:So now that we know there's going to be a New Moon *squee!* I can't wait to see the city they pick to be Volterra! I love Italy (well, I've never been there but it looks pretty :) ) so I can't wait to see that!
NEW MOON!! WOOHOO!!

I've been to Italy and it's quite possible one of the most beautiful places in the world.
But I've never been to Volterra. I've been to Rome, Venice, Florence and the Italian Riveira (Cingue Terra)!! GORGEOUS!!!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

switzgal wrote:
debussygirl wrote:So now that we know there's going to be a New Moon *squee!* I can't wait to see the city they pick to be Volterra! I love Italy (well, I've never been there but it looks pretty :) ) so I can't wait to see that!
NEW MOON!! WOOHOO!!

I've been to Italy and it's quite possible one of the most beautiful places in the world.
But I've never been to Volterra. I've been to Rome, Venice, Florence and the Italian Riveira (Cingue Terra)!! GORGEOUS!!!
I do not mean for this to be a stupid question, but is there really a Volterra in Italy and if so where is it located?
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

navarre wrote:
switzgal wrote:
NEW MOON!! WOOHOO!!

I do not mean for this to be a stupid question, but is there really a Volterra in Italy and if so where is it located?

Yes there is an actual Volterra. Come on, you know Stephenie did her research!!!
click on the link, there's even a picture of the clock tower!!!
http://www.volterra.net/
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Great pictures of Volterra!! I think they should use the actual city, it would be way cool!
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... t5993.html
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

switzgal wrote:
navarre wrote:
switzgal wrote:
NEW MOON!! WOOHOO!!

Yes there is an actual Volterra. Come on, you know Stephenie did her research!!!
click on the link, there's even a picture of the clock tower!!!
http://www.volterra.net/
Okay, okay - so sorry.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

debussygirl wrote:Great pictures of Volterra!! I think they should use the actual city, it would be way cool!
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... t5993.html
I think they will run into the same problems they did with Forks... the location will not be able to support actually filming there. But I think they will be able to find someplace in Italy that will suffice. :D
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I really hope they will come to Italy to film the scenes in Volterra...actually, I think they must come because it's hard to find such places in other countries. Italian medieval towns are absolutely unique.
They might be able to film in Volterra. The city is not that big but wonderfully located. Besides, that part of Italy has already been used for a lot of international productions so I think they'll try, at least, to film in the real Volterra...but there are a lot of town that would do as well: I think most towns in Umbria and Tuscany could be ok!!!

Of course, whenever they come...I'll be there!!! The places are wonderful and the food is good, so it won't be difficult to take boyfriend with me :mrgreen:

If anyone want to come, just give me a call...I have a very comfortable sofa :lol:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

As long as they have a clocktower!! Oh, and a fountain, because Bella ran through that.
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

A lot of Medieval towns in Italy have a square with a clocktower and a fountain: Gubbio, Assisi, Perugia, Siena, Pistoia...just to mention only the ones in or near Tuscany. I don't think with the new budget they'll have problems in finding a suitable location in Italy *giggle* :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...