How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TheTwilightShop
Settled in Forks

Re: How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Post by TheTwilightShop »

Reading Stephanie's books truly changed my life!! First I began reading non-stop, then I used the books as part of my exercise routine (I would read on the treadmill) and I lost a bunch of weight. And then this past Sept. my friend and I went to "Bella's B-day Party" and we met a lot of other people that were just as crazy about the bookds as we were. Meeting everyone and readying forums like this one inspired us to start our own business of Twilight items at www.TheTwilightShop.com . :D
metro_girl0
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by metro_girl0 »

Reading Stephenie Meyer's books changing alot of things for me. I've been writing more love poetry lolz, but that might just be because I've always loved the idea of love.
Mrs. Meyer and the Twilight books made me want to write a book even more. I've wanted to write a book since I first started writing anything and now reading her books and what she has to say about them made me believe that I can actually do it, you know? It may sound weird but that's how I feel.
She's proven that you can take one dream, and turn it into a great series.
I've always loved writing and reading, and I've always had a fascination with vampires. I would like to write a teen romance novel. And I hope it will be as good as Stephenie Meyer's books. She is seriously a brilliant writer.
I've actually started the book already.

Allie
Oh, btw, if anyone wants to talk, or anything like that, feel free to pm me, I love getting messages.
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

wow her books have chagned my life sooooo much!!!
i pretty much talk about twi-light all the time!!! and compair it to read life alot
She also inspired me to read, i don't read that fast but now i do
The problem is i don't wanna finish the saga :cry:
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
garnetpixie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by garnetpixie »

Reading the Twilight Saga made me want to write again. I haven't written anything in years. I'm filling my note book with a story only I will end up reading...Or maybe I"ll type up most of it and delete it.
I could never compare!
EDC Bulldozer Operator
Privet Violet Rosario of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Pensatori Ghiacciati, Go blue!
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn...

J<3B
foreveredward16
Wandering Through Town

Post by foreveredward16 »

Ok. I am going to submit a story I was inspired to write. I really like the "Eye Colour significance" Steph Meyer Always places in her novels.
This story.... I haven't really thought much about! So.... I would love it if you guys would read what I am starting with... and personally message me if you are interested in helping me develop more of a plot.... or even just some suggestions in general!

How is my mood striking me at the moment you ask? Well it isn’t hard to see my burning frustration, for my eyes are glowing bright orange with a flash of yellow, like the lick of a flame... Painfully hard to hide my emotions; when my eyes reflect every mood I could possibly be in. Ever changing, there is no hint of concealment when you are a mood chameleon like me. My emotions have always consumed me... I am enthralled with curiosity, captivated by happiness, passionately angry, hopelessly miserable, and unspeakably surprised. All of which are only intensified with the added effect that my eyes change colour to mirror my feelings. My constant attention must be given to the situation, yet over the years I have learnt to control myself. When my mood changes less frequently, my sudden mood swings are less obvious, my eyes do not always give me away. I have found a common balance between the chosen “display” colour if you will.... my norm for living in the public eye... my Hazel eyes! You see... Hazel eyes are an interesting combination between brown, green, and yellow... and even the average person, with the average Hazel eye colour, is likely to have a variation of these colours which appears to change based on the lighting, the accent colours of skin tone, hair colour, and choice of clothing. So my Hazel eyes give me a little flexibility, to which I can generously allow the colouration to stray from brown, to green (with a hint of yellow) allowing me to ease up a little bit!
How in the world did this extremely strange thing ever happen to me you ask? The occurrence is rare, but those of my kind have been here before... many of my ancestors, the gifted ones like I, were much more common in times of non verbal communication. We are, and have always been the link between the verbal and non verbal era, at the dawn of humanity we protected the human race from predators. Fearful of our strong aura of emotion, and threatened by the very glare in our eye, we walked among the normal, yet possessed extremely powerful gifts. A certain spiritual connection was established at the dawn of time, predator sensed prey, fed upon fear and weakness... prey sensed predator, survived using distractions or retaliation and display of fearlessness. It is rare for a gifted one, in this time, to be born again, to still have that spiritual connection intact, and to remain incognito amongst the spiritually disconnected (to say the very least).
My name is Valentina; Latin for brave and strong. I go by Tina, it’s short and simple. Far simpler than I can say I am! So I like it... just Tina. A few close family members call me Val. I have olive skin, dark hair, and am the average height for a female, 5’5. My dark hair is cropped off around chin level, and I have taken to letting it fall into my face.... another of my many bright ideas for a clever “disguise”.
You are my life now!
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

She definitely inspired me to start writing again. I use to write little short stories when I was bored in my high school days, but after a while work got in the way. I had been working two jobs AND going to school. I'm surprised I did so well, but anyway, I think her books are one of my fav to read and can keep reading over again. She has brought my "spark" back & plan on writing something soon. :)
MidnightMistress
Settled in Forks

Post by MidnightMistress »

Mrs Meyer didn't really inspire me, since I've always written and other authors like Cecilia Reese got to me first. She, however, made me inspired to write about werewolves and love. I'm not a big fan of this "love" thing, but the way she describs it makes me wonder how it would be to be in love... So she's inspired me to search for it I guess..

I am still young though, so there's no rush, but I've always thought of love as overrated. I still think it is, but when I discussed Twilight with someone who is in love, she said that it was very realistic and that I was wrong when I argued that Bella and Edward's relationship was stupid. I started to think of love on a whole new level; and that's the reason I love the books so much.

So I guess... Thanks Meyer.
garnetpixie

Post by garnetpixie »

I've spent the last like 6 days writing...It started as a short story, but it's a lot longer than that now. It's about 70 pages, and I'm going back and adding details and re-writing other parts as I'm writing it still. It's going to be long, but I don't think "publishing" worthy!
I always liked vampires and little Red Ridinghood growing up, so I combined the two. It sounds strange, but it works out. Maybe I can post something when I'm not feeling like it is incomplete and very, very rough. My sister loves it so far, my boyfriend too.
EDC Bulldozer Operator
Privet Violet Rosario of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Pensatori Ghiacciati, Go blue!
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn...

J<3B
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

She probably hasn't impacted me as much as she has with others. It seems like she was kind of life-changing for some people, though. Hah.

She definitely did influence my writing, though. I'm inspired a lot by other artists. When I read their stories, watch their movies, or look at their paintings, I start asking a lot of questions. What she did for my writing, though, was that she inspired me to try really new things. I'm starting to want to include things that I'm not familiar with -- era pieces, real locations (I'm geographically challenged), writing from a man's point of view. I think that was a great influence because that will really help me grow as a writer.

And I guess... Really to stick with what I believe in. She mentions on a few occasions that she was pressed to include more graphic sex scenes and change parts of her story so that it would have been more edgy or whatever, but she didn't want to, so she stood firm on her morals and the way certain characters were supposed to be. It was really heart warming.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Ichigo Kitty

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

garnetpixie wrote:Reading the Twilight Saga made me want to write again. I haven't written anything in years. I'm filling my note book with a story only I will end up reading...Or maybe I"ll type up most of it and delete it.
I could never compare!
Same here, I've always liked to write but I just gave up because I felt that I wasn't good at it. Stephanie has inspired me to write and I want to write the way she does with so much depth and work that she has put into it. SM is my hero and my role model.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B