1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
-Surprised no. Annoyed, yes.
2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
- Again, saw it coming, but didn't want it to happen. Forgive me, I'm not a romantic Jacob fan. His immaturity just turned me off. Yet I understand his importance as a character and understand/respect people who are huge Jacob fans. Just not my cup of tea.
3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
- Go, Bella! Ouch! I'm colored by my "un"-preference for Jacob; of course he would react the way he did. Charlie goes from protecting the Cullen's from gossip to being a typical over-protective (haha, if he only knew at first...) father. I wished he wasn't so ra-ra Jacob though. Why push your teenage daughter into a relationship she doesn't want to be involved in? I expected violence from Edward, but was glad that a fight didn't happen. Imagine what that would've done to Bella (in fact, I think that is what Edward was considering and why he did not react physically).
4. Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett’s bet, as Bella did?
- I mean, typical Jasper and Emmett. Not to downplay violence and death, but vampires are natural predators. Both Jasper and Emmett have killed in the past- they see this as part of "their" world.
5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”
- Romantic persuasions. You know she's thinking about "it".