Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by cullengirl »

Welcome back, N'mama! I'm glad that you've had a blast with the other SLTA members. Do people really still do the electric slide?! :lol:

I like the titles with the BDB references. The outrhageously was very clever! I thought of this one, but it might be a little too dhirty: Gutter Guys and Gals, Who wants more peaches?

QOTD: I also like the TW soundtrack, but I didn't think some of the songs meshed well with the movie. I thought the muse song was at a weird place, but that's just me. I love U2's With or Without You. I think it says everything about Bella and Edward's relationship.

Twilightmom- I've been living in Chicago for my entire life and I still can't get use to the weather!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Here's my title contribution:

Gutter Gals & Guys: To Fang or Not To Fang :twisted: Twilight may have no fangs, but most of our favorite vampirotica does.

Thanksgiving Break begins this afternoon! Yay!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

SuperTwin, I love Fang or not to Fang! Now, just a reminder, we are waiting until Friday to start openly discussing the movie, right? Grrr...I really want to see it again, but I'm not sure I can convince hubby to go again.

Nima, I'm glad you had a blast with the SLTA but I'm also jealous you got to go and meet people! But I am more happy for you than jealous! :D Can't wait to see pictures!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

una wrote:Nima, I'm glad you had a blast with the SLTA but I'm also jealous you got to go and meet people! But I am more happy for you than jealous! :D Can't wait to see pictures!
Thanks you for being happy for me. I felt exactly like you described when everyone went off to Forks and I couldn't go. I'm hoping to get to TwiCon this summer, but it will depend on when/where we'll be taking FS off to college. Usually they go early in the summer for football camps and conditioning.

If you could travel any place in the world, where would you go and why? There are a lot of different places I'd like to travel for a variety of reasons. How do I pick just one? Italy, France, England, Alaska, Austrailia...but one of the things on my "Bucket List" is to see the Aurora Borealis in person.

I haven't looked back yet, is the traveling question for today or is the soundtrack? Or am I just late to the party? I'm confused. So here's a QOTD (If there isn't one already assigned to today): Name one thing on your Bucket List.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Here's my title contribution:
Gutter Gals & Guys: To Fang or Not To Fang :twisted: Twilight may have no fangs, but most of our favorite vampirotica does.
Thanksgiving Break begins this afternoon! Yay!
I second that, because that doesn't exclude me who is a dragon/wolf-girl at heart, not that I mind vamp-stories either (obviously...)

Nima- I'm glad you had such a nice time at your trip!

The rest of you speak so much BDB I can't keep up. I tried finding the books in a sf-bookstore last Saturday, after seeing the movie, but I got dazzled... all those books... an entire bookstore, filled with fantasy... *swoon* I knew I was lost when they had ALL Robin Hobb's books... that place is about as near heaven as I'll ever get, what was it Edward said?
"If I'm going to hell anyway, I might as well do it thoroughly..."

ETA: QOTD:
Become a mother. That's it really.
Last edited by Wingtear on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

cullengirl wrote:Do people really still do the electric slide?! :lol:
Yes, some actually do! Then, there's some of us that try and fail miserably! ;) I can only imagine what I look like in Nima's pictures. :shock:

QOTD: Name one thing on your Bucket List. I feel kind of stupid asking this, but when you say, Bucket List, you mean things we want to do before we die, right? I've never seen the movie, but that's what I'm guessing. So, here goes....

Other than wanting to go to Japan someday, I want to read all of the books on my to-read list! Right now, there are over 700 books and it keeps growing. I know if I keep adding books, I'll never finish it. So, let's just say, I want to read 90% of them!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote:I haven't looked back yet, is the traveling question for today or is the soundtrack? Or am I just late to the party? I'm confused. So here's a QOTD (If there isn't one already assigned to today): Name one thing on your Bucket List.
N'mama those were my pathetic attempts to get a QOTD for the days you were gone. You were truly missed. I think we all suffered from hip dent withdrawal. :lol:

Hmm...Bucket List: I'm Jenni on the reading almost everything on my reading list. I thinking of maybe writing a book. Maybe a memoir, not that anyone really cares about my life, LOL. It doesn't have to get published, but know that it's written.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I was checking out the various author blogs that I adore and found this linked story/spoof from Nalini Singh's blog. It is really good and thought you would all enjoy! I realize it is not psd...well, there are Edward pictures!

QOTD: I don't know. There are many things I would like to do; travel and see different lands, taste different culture's cuisines, things I would like to accomplish, obtain. I don't know if there is on thing that is greater than others, but... I think to meet my DGGs and especially my SuperTwin in person...that would be something I would like to do before I kick the proverbial bucket. And maybe, just maybe, stroke a changling/shapeshifter/vampire... :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Una, that was great! With the writing as it was, it puts into perspective how much Stephenie really did adore Jane Austen. I mean, I know she didn't take it from Austen and I know this wasn't Stephenie's or Austen's writing. It's just that they fit so well together. ;)
Last edited by jenni_elyse on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

QOTD: There are places to travel and things to do... Catch up on my reading of paranormal gutter books! But the things I want to do before I kick the bucket are out of my control - like see my kids grow up, etc. So, those things probably don't count, huh? I'm with Una, too - I'd love to have a big gutter-mate get together! That would be a fun time.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!