For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby XxKatiexX » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:44 pm

@vampire_elf

yep I'm from germany and I asked some poeple from a few cinemas and they all said they won't show the movie in english...you are lucky that you can go somewhere else. I could go to france but I don't speak french and they won't show it in english, I'm sure about that. So I really hope there will be a cinema which shows it in english after all.
The translation is really funny because there is one part were James says something which reminds me of a silly commercial because he says the same words. It's sad that they don't translate it exact.
Image
User avatar
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Somewhere only I know

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby Miss Cullen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:13 pm

88bin wrote:I had no idea how big the movie was going to be in Australia - It wasn't even rated until yesterday - I was looking to buy tickets & they are mostly sold out already :cry:. I brought tickets today for the 13th so only 2 days after release - I CAN'T WAIT!


What>!?! sold out already!!! Sheesh, I better get cracking! I really want to see it opening night so hopefully not yet sold out *runs to check her local theatre*

Edited to add: Phew! not on sale for yet. Ill just check every day.
Image
User avatar
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:43 am

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby vampire_elf » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:23 pm

XxKatiexX wrote:@vampire_elf

yep I'm from germany and I asked some poeple from a few cinemas and they all said they won't show the movie in english...you are lucky that you can go somewhere else. I could go to france but I don't speak french and they won't show it in english, I'm sure about that. So I really hope there will be a cinema which shows it in english after all.
The translation is really funny because there is one part were James says something which reminds me of a silly commercial because he says the same words. It's sad that they don't translate it exact.


It's the Müller Michlreis commercial, right? ;) Another girl from Germany already told me that. The whole translation is pretty ridiculous... :roll:
I'm pretty positive that one of the cinemas here that usually show movies in English will show Twilight (I'm keeping my fingers crossed)! I would be really angry if that isn't the case :x

I don't think there will be TV spots here in Austria but even if there are, I don't have Tv right now anyway... :? And I would only laugh about the German spots. :lol: Better to watch the English ones on youtube!
Image

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
User avatar
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: In my personal Edward's arms

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby dazzle_me-xx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:01 am

88bin wrote:I had no idea how big the movie was going to be in Australia - It wasn't even rated until yesterday - I was looking to buy tickets & they are mostly sold out already :cry:. I brought tickets today for the 13th so only 2 days after release - I CAN'T WAIT!

What?! I was just planning to go to the movies and buy the tickets there. But you say they are nearly sold out? Should I pre-order them?
Image

Image
User avatar
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:16 am
Location: somewhere cold and rainy

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby 88bin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:51 am

dazzle_me-xx wrote:
88bin wrote:I had no idea how big the movie was going to be in Australia - It wasn't even rated until yesterday - I was looking to buy tickets & they are mostly sold out already :cry:. I brought tickets today for the 13th so only 2 days after release - I CAN'T WAIT!

What?! I was just planning to go to the movies and buy the tickets there. But you say they are nearly sold out? Should I pre-order them?


I'm in Brisbane & they are already selling the tickets - Birch Carrol & Coyle have almost completely sold out of Gold Class tickets (some cinimas have) When i brought mine yesterday, i got them for Saturday at one place(thurs & friday already sold out) and my local cinima has sold out for the whole first week.
88bin
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:53 am

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby dazzle_me-xx » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:54 am

88bin wrote:
dazzle_me-xx wrote:
88bin wrote:I had no idea how big the movie was going to be in Australia - It wasn't even rated until yesterday - I was looking to buy tickets & they are mostly sold out already :cry:. I brought tickets today for the 13th so only 2 days after release - I CAN'T WAIT!

What?! I was just planning to go to the movies and buy the tickets there. But you say they are nearly sold out? Should I pre-order them?


I'm in Brisbane & they are already selling the tickets - Birch Carrol & Coyle have almost completely sold out of Gold Class tickets (some cinimas have) When i brought mine yesterday, i got them for Saturday at one place(thurs & friday already sold out) and my local cinima has sold out for the whole first week.

So..that's a yes?
Image

Image
User avatar
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:16 am
Location: somewhere cold and rainy

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby Miss Cullen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:58 am

dazzle_me-xx wrote:
88bin wrote:
dazzle_me-xx wrote:
88bin wrote:I had no idea how big the movie was going to be in Australia - It wasn't even rated until yesterday - I was looking to buy tickets & they are mostly sold out already :cry:. I brought tickets today for the 13th so only 2 days after release - I CAN'T WAIT!

What?! I was just planning to go to the movies and buy the tickets there. But you say they are nearly sold out? Should I pre-order them?


I'm in Brisbane & they are already selling the tickets - Birch Carrol & Coyle have almost completely sold out of Gold Class tickets (some cinimas have) When i brought mine yesterday, i got them for Saturday at one place(thurs & friday already sold out) and my local cinima has sold out for the whole first week.

So..that's a yes?


Id def buy early, Im in North QLD and so far I dont even think they are on sale here but im checking every day
Image
User avatar
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:43 am

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby special k » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:22 am

vampire_elf wrote:
XxKatiexX wrote:@vampire_elf

yep I'm from germany and I asked some poeple from a few cinemas and they all said they won't show the movie in english...you are lucky that you can go somewhere else. I could go to france but I don't speak french and they won't show it in english, I'm sure about that. So I really hope there will be a cinema which shows it in english after all.
The translation is really funny because there is one part were James says something which reminds me of a silly commercial because he says the same words. It's sad that they don't translate it exact.


It's the Müller Michlreis commercial, right? ;) Another girl from Germany already told me that. The whole translation is pretty ridiculous... :roll:
I'm pretty positive that one of the cinemas here that usually show movies in English will show Twilight (I'm keeping my fingers crossed)! I would be really angry if that isn't the case :x

I don't think there will be TV spots here in Austria but even if there are, I don't have Tv right now anyway... :? And I would only laugh about the German spots. :lol: Better to watch the English ones on youtube!

to be honest, i didn't think the german trailer was really that bad - but then again, i only watched it once on the internet, and mostly paid attention to the images :mrgreen:
i watch films and read books the original whenever i can, because there is so much lost in translation. on the other hand - i earn some of my money translating, so i shouldn't really be complaining. and most people don't really have the time to learn as many languages as there are...and i think most films are actually dubbed quite okay in germany. we have a long tradition for doing that, after all. ;)
'cause i don't shine if you don't shine
before you go, can you read my mind?
special k
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:52 am
Location: europe

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby everlong » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:23 am

There are advance screenings at cinemas in melbourne that still have tickets for the 3rd,im going :)
Image
User avatar
everlong
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:00 pm
Location: Being held in Jacob's arms

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby tsvety » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:48 am

Ahhh!!! I'm going crazy here! I can't visit any other thread it's full of spoilers everywhere :shock: Bleh... Well I'm seeing the movie when I go to Italy for the Christmas Holidays, on December 23 I think... It would be one month since the movie was released there, so I hope that:
1. It will still be running!
2. There'll be tickets
3. IT WON'T BE IN ITALIAN!

yeeeaah :P
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
User avatar
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Twilight Movie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests