Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Post by Nena »

Discuss the Psy/Changeling Series by Nalini Singh here.
Ladies, you know the rules! All posts are should be PG rated.

Psy/Changeling Series
1. Slave to Sensation – Lucas (September 2006)
2. Visions of Heat – Vaughn (March 2007)
Free short Story: The Cannibal Princess
3. Caressed By Ice - Judd (September 2007)
4. “Beat of Temptation” in An Enchanted Season (October 2007)*
5. Mine to Possess - Clay (February 2008)
6. Hostage to Pleasure – Dorian (September 2008)
7. “Stroke of Enticement” in The Magical Christmas Cat (October 2008) *
8. Branded by Fire – Mercy (July 2009)
9. Blaze of Memory – Dev (November 2009)
*This novella was written to stand alone so you can pick it up at any stage in the series.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: "Adult Thread: Spoiler Warning" Psy/Changeling Series

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Thank you so much, Nena!!! You rock!

I just posed on the MB thread if anyone else compared Vaughn and Rhage since they were both attracted to women who felt insecure and insufficient.

The next P/C book to be out is Dorian's..and it's coming out September 2nd. 9 days!!

I just realized I broke in the old MB thread too.
Last edited by Goodnight Elizabeth on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

PG...I would like to see us try to keep this PG. :oops:
I have to say that I have enjoyed these books more than I thought I would. Thank you ladies over in the gutter for introducing me!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I love this series. After all my introduction into the world of vampirotica and other such novels, I have to say I like this series best (of what I've read so far). I love the Psy/Changeling/Human dynamic (yes, I know the humans have only just been mentioned). But I especially love the parallels I've been able to draw to our own world today. Like how some people embrace their "animal" nature. Or how some shy away from personal touch, like the Psy. It's been a little while since I've read them, so it's hard for me to remember exact examples. Maybe I'll have to reread soon.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Thank you all mighty Nena!!! :D

I just started rereading the series in honor of Dorian's book coming out! I'm so excited!!!

Bac, I'm sure we'll keep it PG just like the gutter! :twisted:

Variety, I agree, I love this series and how it echos back to our world and yet not.

I really look forward to being able to discuss the new book soon with you guys!

GNE - nice thought on the similarities of Vaughn and Rhage. I will have to think on this!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Variety, I'm right there with you. Psy/Changeling is also my favorite. This series has so much to offer. The biggest draw for me is the intelligence of it. The series is very well-written and one can tell Ms. Singh has put a lot of thought into her world. I especially love how in each succeeding book, our glimpse into that world broadens. It broadens in baby steps which makes it more believable. I've always loved science fiction so that is a huge plus. Dystopian literature is kinda my thing, too.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

YESSSSSSSSSSS! Feeling all cozy around here already! Thank you, Nena!

This series is unique because the science fiction aspect of Singh's novels would stand on its own successfully, I think, without the eroticism. I'm really glad it doesn't HAVE to, but it's one of the few series that allow the plot and the relationships to truly compliment each other, rather than the weaker of the two be supported entirely by the other.

Dorian's always been fascinating because he is unlike any of the others (his inability to change), yet never allowed himself (or anyone else, for that matter) to view the fact as a deficiency. Quite the contrary, actually. I'm so excited! SOON!
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

This series is actually one of my favorites too. I love the who Psy world. I like the way Mrs. Singh is showing that when you try to force nature to be something it isn't it will fall apart. There has to be a balance of good and evil. Also because I am such a cat lover I love the changeling world too. I would love to have a huge cat to pet. I also like the strong female characters.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

You gals are exactly right on about the balance with the sci-fi elements and the erotic elements. They really do complement each other like you said, spoon. I love her erotic elements as they aren't crude or degrading but just normal exploration.

And I really love the lesson you point out, Kat, that you can't force nature. I hope things will work out for the Psy. I mean, as a species, they were only trying to make things better, but they were duped and taken advantage of by the Council. I hope some good people will be able to get some control soon, and change their governmental system.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I really love this series. First of all, I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area. I know it very well and love reading how Singh has changed the topography of well known haunts and adventures of my youth.

The baking is a given, but I love the sci-fi aspect of the stories. I want to take the psy-net home, make it cookies and tuck it into bed with a story.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry