Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

YAY clapping. That's an awesome lightbulb moment HOFJ :) Maybe now you won't feel such animosity towards Edward :) He really is a decent guy. **Please note that I am not being facetious at all, nor am I trying to belittle you. I just agree with your lightbulb moment and am happy that you can see it that way :D

And yes, Jacob was feeling the same way at the wedding. He knew Bella wouldn't be safe if she and Edward had a "real" honeymoon...wow, it certainly is hard to have the conversation without saying all kinds of things that can be interpreted badly LOL
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

wow a third thread! woot!

but i agree with holdingoutforjacob. i never thought that Edward was controlling over Bella herself, but her safety was always a big issue with him. But I think by the time Eclipse begins Bella has made up her mind whole heartedly to become a vampire that i guess she didnt care if he hurt her a little. I know that may not make sense but thats what i think. and even though I am not a fan of Jacob i felt really bad for him when he went to the Wedding and saw Bella and knew that she was alive and well and that all he wanted for her was to stay human and to be safe. the pain he must of felt was probably ridiculous
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Stupidshinyvolvowner

Do you guys think that Edward ever got tired of being 17 and wished he had been just a little older when he was changed so that he could exist in the adult world?
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

Doesn't it say somewhere that he was able to train professionally as Carlisle's assistant, even if, by the time he was done, his teenage looks were pushing it. I think training to be something is pretty close to actual work, and certainly in the adult world. With all the mind-reading too, he probably has got enough of mental-growing up as possible.
Stupidshinyvolvowner

Yeah, but he'd always be perceived as a teenager or possibly college student, if he was pushing it. Teenagers are treated very differently in the general public than an adult. I've noticed a huge difference as to how I'm treated since I've gotten into my later 20s.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:Do you guys think that Edward ever got tired of being 17 and wished he had been just a little older when he was changed so that he could exist in the adult world?

I dont know. for one thing i wouldnt want to be 17 forever :( but i am sure that he learned to deal with it. but on the other hand i wouldnt want to be like 26 my entire life either so i guess either way it sucks. its probably easier being 17 cuz like Edward says its just easier to move around. you can look "17" for four years of high school ya know?
Avi by Shel
Gen Y Thread is <3
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:Do you guys think that Edward ever got tired of being 17 and wished he had been just a little older when he was changed so that he could exist in the adult world?
I think sometimes he probaly does. Because you can chenge your job or move out and people won't ask questions about why isn't he at school, etc. On the other hand, there will be other questions, like if he won't settle out, find a nice woman and have kids. In a way or another, Edward and the Cullens would have move away in a few years, even if they all were in their early twenties. They are all frozen in time and even when you're an adult, you change a bit. And they are all frozen in time.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

twilight813 wrote:

I dont know. for one thing i wouldnt want to be 17 forever :( but i am sure that he learned to deal with it. but on the other hand i wouldnt want to be like 26 my entire life either so i guess either way it sucks. its probably easier being 17 cuz like Edward says its just easier to move around. you can look "17" for four years of high school ya know?
I am here to tell you that I would not want to revisit and stay in my teens or twenties - both decades were from the mouth of hell for me. After I hit 30 and then 40, things started to hit the high spots in the road. Now I'm 43 and I'm cool with that.

Edward, well, he looks 17, but is really 107, so I don't know, I really do not think he cares either way.
He's immortal, you can't get much better than that. :lol:

Edward is just truly a beautiful man to me. He really shines as each book progresses. After that horrid movie, I had to go back to my books and then read the manuscript to "The Book that Shall Not Be Named" to get my Edward fix and remove the 'sludge'.

Sorry, I digress. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

navarre wrote:
twilight813 wrote:

I am here to tell you that I would not want to revisit and stay in my teens or twenties - both decades were from the mouth of hell for me. After I hit 30 and then 40, things started to hit the high spots in the road. Now I'm 43 and I'm cool with that.

Edward, well, he looks 17, but is really 107, so I don't know, I really do not think he cares either way.
He's immortal, you can't get much better than that. :lol:

Edward is just truly a beautiful man to me. He really shines as each book progresses. After that horrid movie, I had to go back to my books and then read the manuscript to "The Book that Shall Not Be Named" to get my Edward fix and remove the 'sludge'.

Sorry, I digress. ;)
I have heard that about the 30's and 40's. Im 23 and its been hell! lol. and I agree with you that he is a beautiful man. I honestly feel that him actually being 107 works for him lol. Ill never be able to meet a 107year old who looks 17 ever! lol ::damn my luck::
Avi by Shel
Gen Y Thread is <3
Stupidshinyvolvowner

I think the fact that Edward is 107 yes looks 17 is the reason why women of all ages are falling all over themselves for him :D