Ireland

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Ireland

Post by dimber »

Spartan wrote:I Love Ireland! I was born there ( In Belfast ) and moved to Enfgland when I was three but I visit every year to see my family, I really Love it! Despite the fact that It's fricking freezing whenever I visit in October and It's nearly alsways raining. I love the accents, the history, the country and especially the people. As a general rule I find the Irish much more open and friendly than the English. I really love Ireland but I can only speak two phrases in Gaelic - I would write them but I can't spell them and they could be found offensive :twisted: My name is Irish ( Ciara ) and I remember I had this Irish teacher last year who whenever reading the register would say my name as Key- Are- Ah and I would always go " It's Keer-Ah miss" until one lesson she got really frustrated and snapped " Look, I'm Irish and I have An Irish accent so I can't pronounce your English Names Properly!" She did not appreciate being told that my Name was Irish and like hated me from that day on. Once on St. Patricks day she looked really smug and said " Well If you're so Irish then you can tell me what special Irish day it is!"
The story about your name made me smile because I had the opposite problem when I lived in Dublin. My name is Italian - Chiara - and is pronounced "Key-Are-Ah" but everybody called me Keer-Ah, probably being more familiar with that name. The ironic thing is that Ciara comes from the Gaelic word for dark while Chiara comes from the Latin word for light...you and I are like yin and yang :mrgreen:

By the way, I'm taking Irish set dancing classes...anybody out there fond of Irish set dancing?
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

vamp na hEireann wrote:
Spartan wrote:I really love Ireland but I can only speak two phrases in Gaelic - I would write them but I can't spell them and they could be found offensive :twisted:
I presume one is "pog mo thoin" as thats about the only one non-irish people?and the other one is "dun do bheal!/dun do chlab".(I cant spell either) Did I get them right? :lol:
The first one yeh, but the second - nope - what does it mean? : P
dimber wrote:
Spartan wrote:I Love Ireland! I was born there ( In Belfast ) and moved to Enfgland when I was three but I visit every year to see my family, I really Love it! Despite the fact that It's fricking freezing whenever I visit in October and It's nearly alsways raining. I love the accents, the history, the country and especially the people. As a general rule I find the Irish much more open and friendly than the English. I really love Ireland but I can only speak two phrases in Gaelic - I would write them but I can't spell them and they could be found offensive :twisted: My name is Irish ( Ciara ) and I remember I had this Irish teacher last year who whenever reading the register would say my name as Key- Are- Ah and I would always go " It's Keer-Ah miss" until one lesson she got really frustrated and snapped " Look, I'm Irish and I have An Irish accent so I can't pronounce your English Names Properly!" She did not appreciate being told that my Name was Irish and like hated me from that day on. Once on St. Patricks day she looked really smug and said " Well If you're so Irish then you can tell me what special Irish day it is!"
The story about your name made me smile because I had the opposite problem when I lived in Dublin. My name is Italian - Chiara - and is pronounced "Key-Are-Ah" but everybody called me Keer-Ah, probably being more familiar with that name. The ironic thing is that Ciara comes from the Gaelic word for dark while Chiara comes from the Latin word for light...you and I are like yin and yang :mrgreen:
Haha Nice. Thats kind of funny for me too because in my school there's this other person in my year called Chiara Green which is only a letter and a half off my name - Ciara Greer - So people kept getting confused about who's who. It's really wierd. My friends laughed when they found out they my name meant "The Dark One" saying that I'm all evil etc lol, It's funnier if you take it that way but I'm pretty sure it means "dark haired" rather than my morality. My mum said that she named me wrong because I'm really Blonde.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

YAY!!!TOY SHOW ON FRIDAY!!!!WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D Toy Show rules but Gaybo was a ledge and Pat's just crap.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

vamp na hEireann wrote:YAY!!!TOY SHOW ON FRIDAY!!!!WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D Toy Show rules but Gaybo was a ledge and Pat's just crap.
Please explain...
vamp na hEireann
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

The Toy Show is on before christmas every year.It's the Late Late Show that is on every friday and is now hosted by Pat Kenny but on this show they look at heaps of toys and have little kiddies testing them and reviewing them and its then called the Late Late Toy Show and every child in the country stays up late watching it and annoying their parents with "Mammy I want that" every five seconds.And I am still so much of a child as to still get really excited about it! :lol: I also marks for adults that they can no longer deny that christmas is coming no matter how much they wish otherwise.
Gay Byrne used to do the Late Late but Pat does it now and he basically hates kids and people in general so no one watches the late late except for when the toy show's on!
Oh Yeah,and Dustin the turkey is on it every year.Dustin is a puppet that presents kids shows on RTE 2.If you saw the Eurovision song contest this year,he was our really crap entry and we only sent him cos no one gives a crap about the eurovision anymore.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

vamp na hEireann wrote: Oh Yeah,and Dustin the turkey is on it every year.Dustin is a puppet that presents kids shows on RTE 2.If you saw the Eurovision song contest this year,he was our really crap entry and we only sent him cos no one gives a crap about the eurovision anymore.
Hahaha! that's totally true over here too! I think that only 1/100 of the population even knew what our song was :lol:
I found out last week that ABBA won in My City - i was like WHAAT?? Since when did they do Eurovision here?"

Yeh sorry - I know none of this is about Ireland.
vamp na hEireann

I cant remember who your entry was :oops: :lol:
I wanted Finland to win again.Scandinavian countries have all the best metal bands.Lordi were class when they won it.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
LipsForeverSealed
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

Ah the late late toy show! :D
Cool in the xtreme case! *makes an X with arms*

Yeah I feel no Pat love, but he was so right to rip the tickets on the show when the psycho lady named Barbara rejected them.....
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

that's the only song I remember from it - actually it was the only song I watched - I loved it !!

I thing our song was something about an Aeroplane..?
vamp na hEireann

LipsForeverSealed wrote:Ah the late late toy show! :D
Cool in the xtreme case! *makes an X with arms*

Yeah I feel no Pat love, but he was so right to rip the tickets on the show when the psycho lady named Barbara rejected them.....
Yes,definitly no Pat love.Do you remember Bosco?Ah Bosco,how I miss thy ginger mop!
Spartan wrote:that's the only song I remember from it - actually it was the only song I watched - I loved it !!

I thing our song was something about an Aeroplane..?
Oh yeah,that aeroplane song was gay.Increadibly so.no offence but it really was!
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----