Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Special Effects

Post by twilight1909 »

I don't think they should use real wolves in New Moon...they're supposed to be HUGE and more dangerous looking.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

They would definitely have to make them bigger in size... and probably tweak a little here and there though. But I think it's good that the wolves look like wolves - they can totally pull and Aslan on them. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

soozabooza54 wrote:They would definitely have to make them bigger in size... and probably tweak a little here and there though. But I think it's good that the wolves look like wolves - they can totally pull and Aslan on them. :)
Pull an Aslan :lol: Although you know, the first Aslan was a guy in a lion suit. :lol:
But they can definitely put in more money for this--it's not like it's a risk at all about whether it's going to make money or not.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

debussygirl wrote:
soozabooza54 wrote:They would definitely have to make them bigger in size... and probably tweak a little here and there though. But I think it's good that the wolves look like wolves - they can totally pull and Aslan on them. :)
Pull an Aslan :lol: Although you know, the first Aslan was a guy in a lion suit. :lol:
But they can definitely put in more money for this--it's not like it's a risk at all about whether it's going to make money or not.
Exactly they should know by now that the entire SAGA is a money maker. Summit better not cheap out!!!!
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

wootwoot to march! woot woot to march and woot woot to you tube... during march and the next few months after that...
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
Mikaela
Settled in Forks

Post by Mikaela »

WOW the special effects were really bad, but the cast and crew had no fault
it was all summit for their 37 million budget
Zombie
Settled in Forks

Post by Zombie »

I thought the running could've been faster and the sparkling more obvious, but other than that the effects weren't that bad...

Oh, wait, no...forgot something: the jumping. It looks like they're flying, and even though vamps can do some pretty schweet stuff, fly they cannot.

Other than that though, really, I didn't think it was too shabby.
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Zombie wrote:Oh, wait, no...forgot something: the jumping. It looks like they're flying, and even though vamps can do some pretty schweet stuff, fly they cannot.
It's kinda funny cuz Catherine actually addresses this in the Twilight movie companion book, saying that vamps can't fly but they're more like Olympic long jumpers and how they were going to convey that in the movie. But it certainly did not look that way to me with how they did the effects. I agree it was like flying, or almost jumping then floating for a little bit. And I kinda pictured their jumps a little quicker, almost hard to even detect like the running (at least the running as described in the book, not the movie). The only running scene I was really happy with was when Edward runs around the car to open Bella's door for her when he first takes her to his house. Why couldn't more of the running look like this?
Image Image
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

^ I actually thought it was just as cheesy when Edward runs around the car to open the door for Bella. It looked too "fast-forward" and not natural enough.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

switzgal wrote:
debussygirl wrote:
Exactly they should know by now that the entire SAGA is a money maker. Summit better not cheap out!!!!
Well, guess what, Summit sounds like they are going to 'cheap out' with New Moon. Read the latest Entertainment Weekly, they said that since Twilight was realized in the movie, they did not feel the need to increase the budget. Lovely, just frickin' lovely!!!! AAARRRGGHH!!!!! :evil:

Also, if they ever developed an intelligence*cough* then they could use real wolves and just CGI them with special equipment to enlarge their sizes - wishful thinking, I know. Just like it was wishful thinking the they would NOT bring back Melissa Rosenberg and Catherine Hardwicke. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict