The Twilight Movie at the box office

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Re: The Twilight Movie at the box office

Post by stellar87 »

It is so awesome the response Twilight is getting. It's huge. I'm going to see it again as soon as I possibly can. I can't wait for the next movies!! :D
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Here's an article about this weekends box office numbers. This quote scares me... (from Summit)
"It certainly says what we've been saying all along, that we can do more with less."

They better not cheap out on New Moon!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap. ... e-debut-ap
Mavors
Settled in Forks

Post by Mavors »

switzgal wrote: "It certainly says what we've been saying all along, that we can do more with less."

Haha your comment made me laugh xD. I really hope they don't follow the "we can do more with less" filosophy with NM, as the populairty the film is getting is more due to the huge fun base and interesting plot then the quality of the movie itself... Well I hope they don't just count on that to make money but that they're going to give the audience something really worth of all this popularity
Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

switzgal wrote:Here's an article about this weekends box office numbers. This quote scares me... (from Summit)
"It certainly says what we've been saying all along, that we can do more with less."

THEY BETTER not do that with new moon.
actaully i think he just meant that with Twilight, even though it had such a small budget. it did AMAZING. as in brought in big numbers.

so with new moon. i think they really need to take it a step further and cash in at least $90 million for the budget.
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

I am so extactic that it is doing so well and will go see it again tomorrow I can't wait for the dvd. Hopefully for New Moon they will get a bigger budget. I can't wait for the dvd to come out!
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

You guys think that the movie Australia will knock Twilight off the #1 standings? I hope it holds to #1 for a while but I doubt it since Hugh Jackman was voted "Hottest Man" in People mag.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

switzgal wrote:You guys think that the movie Australia will knock Twilight off the #1 standings? I hope it holds to #1 for a while but I doubt it since Hugh Jackman was voted "Hottest Man" in People mag.
I have thought about that. And well, I think that the twihards can beat hugh-hards any day. I mean, people are going to see it again and again and again. So I'm not too worried.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

debussygirl wrote:
switzgal wrote:You guys think that the movie Australia will knock Twilight off the #1 standings? I hope it holds to #1 for a while but I doubt it since Hugh Jackman was voted "Hottest Man" in People mag.
I have thought about that. And well, I think that the twihards can beat hugh-hards any day. I mean, people are going to see it again and again and again. So I'm not too worried.

Hope you're right. Though there are quite a few Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman fans out there. Personnally, I hate Nicole Kidman.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

switzgal wrote:Here's an article about this weekends box office numbers. This quote scares me... (from Summit)

On the ew.com and I assume this weeks mag, Summitt talks about not changing anything - now why am I not surprised??? I'm going to start getting ticked off again, so I'll go. aaarrrggg!!!!!! :x :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

navarre wrote:

On the ew.com and I assume this weeks mag, Summitt talks about not changing anything - now why am I not surprised??? I'm going to start getting ticked off again, so I'll go. aaarrrggg!!!!!! :x :x
I haven't seen the ew.com article, but in that first article I didn't feel like they were saying they were going to have the same budget for Twilight. They were just saying that they had proved that a relatively low budget movie can still be successful and compete with the big budget ones. Because the $37 million that Twilight had as a budget, while a big number to most people, is really quite small in Hollywood.
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.