For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby 88bin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:57 am

dazzle_me-xx wrote:
88bin wrote:
dazzle_me-xx wrote:
88bin wrote:I had no idea how big the movie was going to be in Australia - It wasn't even rated until yesterday - I was looking to buy tickets & they are mostly sold out already :cry:. I brought tickets today for the 13th so only 2 days after release - I CAN'T WAIT!

What?! I was just planning to go to the movies and buy the tickets there. But you say they are nearly sold out? Should I pre-order them?


I'm in Brisbane & they are already selling the tickets - Birch Carrol & Coyle have almost completely sold out of Gold Class tickets (some cinimas have) When i brought mine yesterday, i got them for Saturday at one place(thurs & friday already sold out) and my local cinima has sold out for the whole first week.

So..that's a yes?


I would but it depends on where you are & how the ticket sales are going :)
88bin
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:53 am

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby Lieziewiezie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:58 am

Oooh this thread is nice! I hadn't seen it yet :)

The movie comes out in Belgium: uhm, actually it did, about an hour ago :) I will be able to see it sunday at the earliest though (damn you busy life). So lets hope that will be able to happen.
Can't believe we are fast with something for once. Normally we're running extra late with everything. Like Ecplis, the translation still needs to come out.
Image
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
User avatar
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby XxKatiexX » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:07 pm

special k wrote:
vampire_elf wrote:
XxKatiexX wrote:@vampire_elf

yep I'm from germany and I asked some poeple from a few cinemas and they all said they won't show the movie in english...you are lucky that you can go somewhere else. I could go to france but I don't speak french and they won't show it in english, I'm sure about that. So I really hope there will be a cinema which shows it in english after all.
The translation is really funny because there is one part were James says something which reminds me of a silly commercial because he says the same words. It's sad that they don't translate it exact.


It's the Müller Michlreis commercial, right? ;) Another girl from Germany already told me that. The whole translation is pretty ridiculous... :roll:
I'm pretty positive that one of the cinemas here that usually show movies in English will show Twilight (I'm keeping my fingers crossed)! I would be really angry if that isn't the case :x

I don't think there will be TV spots here in Austria but even if there are, I don't have Tv right now anyway... :? (And I would only laugh about the German spots. :lol: Better to watch the English ones on youtube!

to be honest, i didn't think the german trailer was really that bad - but then again, i only watched it once on the internet, and mostly paid attention to the images :mrgreen:
i watch films and read books the original whenever i can, because there is so much lost in translation. on the other hand - i earn some of my money translating, so i shouldn't really be complaining. and most people don't really have the time to learn as many languages as there are...and i think most films are actually dubbed quite okay in germany. we have a long tradition for doing that, after all. ;)



Of course it is not that bad but it seems like it is not well translated, like the books and if I say not well translated I mean the facination or better say magic is lost. Which happened with the books, sometimes another language changes more than just the words and so it changes the impressions and the feelings and all of it as well. Because german is not the nicest language it is not a language which sounds really romantic so some parts in the books weren't that good, not because the translator/interpreter is bad but because german is not a beautiful language. And that's why I prefer the english ones. When I read Eclipse it wasn't so nice that they used a language which teenagers in germany (not in america) use and Edward used words which he would never use in the english version) because he is a man from an earlier century . The only thing Ihave to say against the translators/interpreter that they should stay more close to the text they translate because everywhere you learn how to translate and you have to keep close to the text all the time but sometimes they just don't do that and that's a bit sad. Some things are translated like they are in germany not at the place the story takes place.
This is just my opinion but I didn't mean to hurt anyone ... I don't think translators/interpreters are bad (once I wanted to become one) ....
Image
User avatar
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Somewhere only I know

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby XxKatiexX » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Lieziewiezie wrote:Oooh this thread is nice! I hadn't seen it yet :)

The movie comes out in Belgium: uhm, actually it did, about an hour ago :) I will be able to see it sunday at the earliest though (damn you busy life). So lets hope that will be able to happen.
Can't believe we are fast with something for once. Normally we're running extra late with everything. Like Ecplis, the translation still needs to come out.


Why does it come out everywhere and germany has to wait so long... Will you watch it in english or your native language ?
it is dutch isn it ?
Image
User avatar
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Somewhere only I know

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby maybeshescrazy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:46 pm

I've seen both the French and German trailers as well as the English ones (did they only translate two trailers for each?). I think they did a good job with the French, although Bella doesn't seem very expressive. Not that you get that in French dubbing. I can't comment on the German translation since I didn't understand it because I've forgotten all my German (I had to think about what they were saying in English, whereas I knew what they were saying in French before), but at least the German people got all expressive - Edward sounded pretty terrifying at one point ("It's never going to stop!").
I watched it in Italian too, even though I've never studied it, and it made me laugh. Especially the way the guys says "Twiiighlitteee" at the end :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOn2e6bqvrc
User avatar
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby Miss Cullen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Just pre-purchased my tickets for opening night :D 2 weeks to go :D
Image
User avatar
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:43 am

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby special k » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:05 am

XxKatiexX wrote:Of course it is not that bad but it seems like it is not well translated, like the books and if I say not well translated I mean the facination or better say magic is lost. Which happened with the books, sometimes another language changes more than just the words and so it changes the impressions and the feelings and all of it as well. Because german is not the nicest language it is not a language which sounds really romantic so some parts in the books weren't that good, not because the translator/interpreter is bad but because german is not a beautiful language. And that's why I prefer the english ones. When I read Eclipse it wasn't so nice that they used a language which teenagers in germany (not in america) use and Edward used words which he would never use in the english version) because he is a man from an earlier century . The only thing Ihave to say against the translators/interpreter that they should stay more close to the text they translate because everywhere you learn how to translate and you have to keep close to the text all the time but sometimes they just don't do that and that's a bit sad. Some things are translated like they are in germany not at the place the story takes place.
This is just my opinion but I didn't mean to hurt anyone ... I don't think translators/interpreters are bad (once I wanted to become one) ....

hey, don't worry, i'm sure no one took badly what you said! i didn't think you meant to pick on tranlators in general or something like that.
the most important thing i learnt about translations is that translating is always interpreting. so what they did when they made edward speak like a german teenager ( i never looked at the german translations) was definitely the wrong interpretation, because he doesn't speak like an american teenager in the first place. if that's what they did in the translation, that's definitely a major blunder.
i get annoyed all the time at bad translations and dubbings, it actually gets worse when you've had some experience translating yourself. all i meant to say was that by and large, german dubbings aren't all bad. :D

and now sorry for off-topicking! ;)
'cause i don't shine if you don't shine
before you go, can you read my mind?
special k
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:52 am
Location: europe

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby ILY_E.C_4EVA » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:47 am

OME!!
it comes out in Australia on the 11/12 and i am screaming
my friends mum found a fundraiser for a kickboxing champ thats now in a wheel chair to get him a new bed and chair
that means we get to see it one week only for only $20
i no i am screaming too :D
i usually wish i didnt live in the US but now i do
My friend asked me would i see it again id i hated it and i said yes because its as close as i am getting to edward
"Stupid, Shiny Volvo Owner"
"Penguins, Lovely."
Well you no you're OBSESSED when you read "the end" and cried
Image
User avatar
ILY_E.C_4EVA
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby shygirl1 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:20 am

Please enjoy the movie and the more money it makes the more money can be spent on a bigger budget!!!! :D
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Postby Lieziewiezie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:00 pm

XxKatiexX wrote:
Lieziewiezie wrote:Oooh this thread is nice! I hadn't seen it yet :)

The movie comes out in Belgium: uhm, actually it did, about an hour ago :) I will be able to see it sunday at the earliest though (damn you busy life). So lets hope that will be able to happen.
Can't believe we are fast with something for once. Normally we're running extra late with everything. Like Ecplis, the translation still needs to come out.


Why does it come out everywhere and germany has to wait so long... Will you watch it in english or your native language ?
it is dutch isn it ?


Well the thing is it ain't getting dubbed. That's why it gets out here so fast, cause it doesn't need to be overspoken.
We'll only get subtitles :)
Image
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
User avatar
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 am
Location: Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to The Twilight Movie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest