Required School Reading

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Required School Reading

Post by K-Dawg »

Foe English we had to rerad Macbeth and Lord of the Flies. And in Classics we had to read The Odyssey.
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

K-Dawg wrote:Foe English we had to rerad Macbeth and Lord of the Flies. And in Classics we had to read The Odyssey.
I'm reading Macbeth eventually this year. I read LOTF and Odyssey, too. LOTF was awesome and the latter almost killed me, hahah
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Caitlin...
Settled in Forks

Post by Caitlin... »

This year we had to read:
Montana 1948
Night
Macbeth

i like Night due to it was on the Holocause and thats my main area of studie.
Macbeth, like all other shakespearse is quite easy to do the work for it you understand the langue
and well montana 1948, well i fell asleep in class everytime we read it. luckly our we got to choise either montanan 1948 or night for the exam.
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

samajama wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:Foe English we had to rerad Macbeth and Lord of the Flies. And in Classics we had to read The Odyssey.
I'm reading Macbeth eventually this year. I read LOTF and Odyssey, too. LOTF was awesome and the latter almost killed me, hahah
i don't get to read macbeth till senior year but i've read it on my own time. we read LOTF last year though
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

frosh year: lord of the flies, farewell to manzanar, romeo&juliet, the odyssey, great expectations
sophmore: to kill a mockingbird (really good), the house on mango street, taming of the shrew, and a tale of two cities.
junior: scarlet letter (already read), huckleberry finn (reading), and will have to read the great gatsby and midsummer night's dream.
for senior year i know i'll have to read pride and prejudice, which i am very much looking forward to.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I don't know how it goes for each year at my school, but I know that we're about to start Of Mice and Men. Really looking forward to that. -_-
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

I read LOTF. It horrified me... the things those kids did. I hated the book! It's so brutal.

This year I have to read Oedpduis Rex, Much Ado About Nothing and Catcher in the Rye (I can't wait for that one!). I'm not sure what else.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

i really hate having to read books that the school system chooses. right now for english were reading a tale of two cities, and i hate it. the only school required books that ive actually liked were, i am the cheese, ethan frome, and deception point which was for summer reading.

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

For School I've Read -
Skellig
Holes
Of Mice and Men

I didn't like any of them.

Of Mice and men is too factual - I prefer books that aren't depressing.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

o heck i hate doing the whole reading a book to pick it to pieces it does my head in. we had to read certain bits of Macbeth in year 9 (the english equivalent of freshman year in high school i think) i'd looked a bit at Romeo and Juliet the year before . We also looked at Of Mice and Men and Educating Rita (which is actually a play rather than a normal book). thank goodness i didn't choose to do english literature for my A-levels i would have gone mad. Apparently in England students in english literature during high school can look at the Harry Potter books because the syllabus has been updated and it now includes modern books like that. don't quote me though none of the changes affected my course so i don't know for sure.
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)