Vampire Novels Like Twilight

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Vampire Novels Like Twilight

Post by switzgal »

Not a vampire series but a couple coworker recommended the Outlander series to me. Anybody here read them and if so are they any good? They seem so long but if I get into it, I'll have enough books to read for a while.
Vurktoid
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Vurktoid »

I definitely recommend the Vampirates series. Awesome books.
And I don't know if this counts as a book, but I recommend the Blade graphic novels. ;)
Da na na na na NA NA NA NA na na na na na VURKTOID!!!

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will,
5% pleasure, 50% pain
And 100% reason to REMEMBER THE NAME!!!!

SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

A Lot of people already posted these but I love the Vampire Diaries and the Night World series by LJ Smith!!!
They are absolutely one of my favorite series besides Twilight.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Well i read the Historian a few weeks ago and i really liked it and i also read the Night World book by L.J. Smith. i want to read some of Anne Rice's books cos they sound good. Just this morning i told my bf to buy me the first 3 Morganville Vampire Books cos they looked good and they were pretty darn cheap off my favourite bookstores website. i also want to read the House of night books cos i thought about buying them while i was holiday in Florida and then didn't cos of the difficulty of gettin them home. :lol:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
pallorxmortis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pallorxmortis »

I'm in love with Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. All her books are well written and very original. She inspired me to write since she was only thirteen when she started writing and was first published at the age of 15 (She writes like she had been writing for years though.)

Vampire Hunter D series is a good one as well. More sci-fi then some of you guys may be going and don't let the fact that it is also an anime scare you off. It is a good series. Written by Hideyuki Kikuchi, he has been compared to Stephen King and H.P Lovecraft.

The Shadow Saga by Christopher Golden and if you want a good Werewolf series he also writes 'Prowlers' which are quite good. Many of his books are really good.

But these are just a few. Looking at my bookshelf I can see Peeps which was Excellent. Anita Blake novels (WARNING! GRAPHIC SEX. Adults only.) Other then that I can't think of much else at the moment. My tastes in books have turned from vampire novels to autopsy/medical mysteries and of course, sexy demons posing as butlers. xD (My shameless plug for the manga/anime shoot.)

"You see a wile, you thwart. Am I right?"
-- Crowley to Aziraphale : Good Omens
Shugo_vampire
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shugo_vampire »

Vampire Knight is really good. Its beautiful done and the story is great. The vampires in that Manga range from cute to Sexy. I read it online cause it comes out very slowly.

Trinity Blood is also amazing. Theres two sets of series novels and a manga. The manga is a bit graphic but well done. Abel is hilarious and great.
ImageImage
More than Just a Twilight Fan...
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

Shugo_vampire wrote:Vampire Knight is really good. Its beautiful done and the story is great. The vampires in that Manga range from cute to Sexy. I read it online cause it comes out very slowly.
I lovelovelove Vampire Knight! Everyone says that Kaname is like Edward and Zero is Jacob, but I personally like Zero better.

I just finished the first three books in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, and I fell in love. I love the main character in her book; she's so fierce. I honestly didn't think I would read another vampire novel after Twilight because I was never really into vampires, but those books made me swoon all over again.
cedwardrox
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cedwardrox »

The Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan. No where near as good as Twilight, (what is? :D ) but very good. a twelve book series, but the BOOKS ARE VERY SHORT!!! Soon to be a major motion picture!

If you enjoy those books, Darren Shan is also writing the Demonata series. Most disgusting books ever.

If you like a lot of horror, read the Demonata books. If you like minimal horror, read the Cirque du Freak books. (Which involve vampires.)
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

I love the Vampire Kisses series. Still, not nearly as good as Twilight, but still, I love them. I love the creepy butler guy!!
List, Gnat ♥
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

i really really really like the House of Night Series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. its really good the first one is called Marked!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict