Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby navarre » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:44 pm

switzgal wrote:check this out MTV used my post in their article. I'm FreakyVirgo on the MTV site!!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/23/tw ... d-e-mails/


Whoot!! Way to go, switzgal!! Glad you got your post, well... posted. :lol:

BTW, switzgal, I loved your post from November 23rd. Regarding the employment status of M. Rosenberg?
Loved It!! I think everyone already knows how I feel about Hardwicke and Rosenberg. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
User avatar
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk
 
Posts: 3586
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Swimming in a sea of books, books and more books

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby cascsiany » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:18 pm

I think that if they are going to take a book and make it into the movie then the screenwriter needs to have a pretty good idea of what the book is about. Seriously there were several key scenes and quotes that should have been included. OF course they can't put everything in but some stuff that was in the movie was kind of pointless and would have been better if left out.

SO Melissa if your reading this: READ THE BOOKS CLOSELY!
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:19 am
Location: Leaving a trail of damage behind her

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby *Wanderer* » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:21 pm

Gee, I wonder if Melissa is reading this :? ...

Love,
*Wanderer*
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: <3!

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby LeechesRule95 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:41 am

cascsiany wrote:I think that if they are going to take a book and make it into the movie then the screenwriter needs to have a pretty good idea of what the book is about. Seriously there were several key scenes and quotes that should have been included. OF course they can't put everything in but some stuff that was in the movie was kind of pointless and would have been better if left out.

SO Melissa if your reading this: READ THE BOOKS CLOSELY!


EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Thank you! I mean there were some pointless scenes, instead of that put in the KEY scenes of the book.... OFCOURSE i like what she has done in some parts and i KNOW that she cant put everything but there were so many important parts of the book that were either cut short OR not put in at all......
This is probably a result of skimming throught the book............. SHE SHOULD READ MORE CLOSELY.... I HOPE SO BADLY THAT SHE IS READING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :lol:
I HOPE NEW MOON IS BETTER!!!!
User avatar
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby navarre » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:15 pm

*Wanderer* wrote:Gee, I wonder if Melissa is reading this :? ...

Love,
*Wanderer*


We could only hope and be so lucky, but I'm not holding my breath. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
User avatar
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk
 
Posts: 3586
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Swimming in a sea of books, books and more books

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby dazzlingdynamite » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:34 pm

I hold her personally responsible for making the Twilight film...ehm....I'll put it kindly. Not good.
I was so disapointed with the dialogue! Where the heck were some of the key pivotal moments, and great one liners?
If she messes up New Moon like she did Twilight... :|
Image
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:27 am
Location: Ecosse

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby Amethyst1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:12 pm

navarre wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:Gee, I wonder if Melissa is reading this :? ...

Love,
*Wanderer*


We could only hope and be so lucky, but I'm not holding my breath. :x

ahahahahaha you're so funny. 'we could only hope and be so lucky' - if she reads this maybe she'll get sad and quit. ah, if only. that would be great.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!
 
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby dazzlingdynamite » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 pm

malaz wrote:
navarre wrote:
*Wanderer* wrote:Gee, I wonder if Melissa is reading this :? ...

Love,
*Wanderer*


We could only hope and be so lucky, but I'm not holding my breath. :x

ahahahahaha you're so funny. 'we could only hope and be so lucky' - if she reads this maybe she'll get sad and quit. ah, if only. that would be great.


Wouldn't that be excellente? I'd throw a party!

Sorry to jump on the bandwaggon but I really need to vet some of my anger onto this board...Rosenberg is making me fear the future of the Twilight films.
Image
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:27 am
Location: Ecosse

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby dazzlingdynamite » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:28 pm

switzgal wrote:check this out MTV used my post in their article. I'm FreakyVirgo on the MTV site!!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/23/tw ... d-e-mails/


My little inputs may be a little late...but here there are YAY! :D

Anyway what was up with the others? They obviously aren't fans if they weren't even the tinsiest disapointed with the film...or maybe my expectations were too high...

It's quite funny how some got appluading, my cinema was full of people going 'what?' and laughing.
Image
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:27 am
Location: Ecosse

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Postby hen-c » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:35 am

I was a 100 percent against Melissa Rosenberg after I saw the movie, but a few days ago I found some sides from, I'm guessing the earlier version of the script and they were so good. Of course there were some weird things like Emmett saying something that he would never in a million years would have said. (In the final cut of the movie Rosalie said those.) So I don't know what happened between those and the actual script. This one was so much closer to the book. And there was actually a scene where Alice tells Bella about how someone becomes a vampire.
It was wierd though, because I thought when Bella enters the bio class for the first time, and Edward stiffens and makes that funny face, well it was funny, but not in a good way. So I believed that, that was something that either Cathrine or Rob came up, but it was in the script. WTH?!! :roll:
"Whenever a stranger stands by me, or passes, I wonder what's on their mind and when they walk away, I secretly miss them."
hen-c
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: State of Mind

PreviousNext

Return to The Twilight Movie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest