Black Dagger Brotherhood

Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by Alice's Grandma »

Hey Teak! I'm very grateful you are brave enough to venture onto the Warden's website and then are willing to share that info! That site isn't for the faint hearted! Thank you!
EB wrote:
Like many of you I can't stand the Ward forums. I think it's awesome she's so involved with her fans, but seriously, her forums are worse than more screaming teenage girls. Screaming women are far scarier I'm learning.
How funny, my sentiments exactly! I like discussing books (along with drooling) and I've never been able to find such a thread over there. The place also seems full of spoilers - coming from the Warden herself. I like to be surprised.

I really haven't been excited about the compendium because I keep picturing it as an encyclopedia. If there are background stories, outtakes etc...I'll be much more apt to purchase it.

How interesting that Butch's book won an award. Out of all the books, I would say the majority of the readers I've talked with (here and on the Dex) didn't care for Butch's book as much as the others. It took a second read for it to be more enjoyable. I wonder what the award was actually for? Thanks for the link Teak, I'll go take a look at it - it might contain the answer to my question.

Grey Goose vs. Other vodka - Well, I'm not a liquor drinker so I couldn't tell you the difference. I'm waiting for the brother who's a wine connoisseur! I know, not very manly.
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

How funny, my sentiments exactly! I like discussing books (along with drooling) and I've never been able to find such a thread over there. The place also seems full of spoilers - coming from the Warden herself. I like to be surprised.
I also think the site is a bit overwhelming...I'm chuckling here though AG, because I usually just pop onto the site to see if JR has posted, and try to get those spoilers! :lol: What can I say...love spoilers...
I really haven't been excited about the compendium because I keep picturing it as an encyclopedia. If there are background stories, outtakes etc...I'll be much more apt to purchase it.
I thought I read one time that there will be a Z/Bella story; I'm hoping so anyway! Yes, having some outtakes and stories will make it much more wonderful, imo.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

The JRW site is just so chaotic with information everywhere. It is not good for 'Type-A'rs' like me. I do dislike the constant spoilers on the site, it's impossible to avoid when you go there. However, it's how Ward does her stuff so...I guess it really isn't a spoiler if she is the one who's doing the leaking.

The compendium is supposed to have a map of the compound and some background stories is my understanding. I think it will be worth getting. But, I'm sure at least one of us will have it on it's release day and will post what (without spoiling) is in it.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Leah_CJI
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah_CJI »

I know what you all mean about the BDB forums. I only go on there when I have a burning question, knowing that it will be answered. Hahaha. I'm pretty psyched for the compendium. I'm going to read the MB series until it comes out and maybe possibly toss in another book called Accidentally Dead. I forget the authors name, but it looks really good. yes, more vampire fiction.

ps. John Michael is mine.
smalltowngirl
Settled in Forks

Post by smalltowngirl »

Hey you guys, I'm pretty new at this thread.
Guess I didn't notice the last time around because by then I hadn't read any of the BDB series. But now I have and I think they're just awesome. I got Dark Lover as a tip on amazon, bought it out of curiosity together with Lover Eternal , read them both through two nights - and ordered the other four the following day... I loved them!! So I'm all the more excited that I found a thread in forum about my favourite series concerning my second favourite series! :D
By the way, Teak, I'm almost sure that there will be more about Bella and Z. In my version of Lover Enshrined, there was a little excerpt from the compendium about the two after the birth. Probably I'm not telling you anything new, but I'm also excited at the thought of it.
*Member of Team Edward*
*Twilight Riddler*

"There's no point to forever without you. I wouldn't want one day without you."
"Well, that's a relief."

Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

i still have yet to read this book...
I am just abit hesistant buying it because my parents will probably see it and be like.. "?!!??!?! why does it say erotic?!?!?!?!" Just one of the things they will have to get over.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Conzoni al vento wrote:why does it say erotic?!?!?!?!"
Because it is. It should carry a warning label "M" for mature. Erotic and graphic...but really good!

Rhage = mine
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Nima: you make a good point. These books should come with a warning label. Rated M for Mature, Macho, Manly Men, Mesmerizing, and Mmmm.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

By the way, Teak, I'm almost sure that there will be more about Bella and Z.
Oh good!! I think having some stories and background info. will make it so enjoyable!! I'm really looking forward to the Compendium. I can't keep half of the background straight! ( JR herself gets her own info. mixed up!) Maybe having it down on paper will clear some things up.
So I'm all the more excited that I found a thread in forum about my favourite series concerning my second favourite series!
If you like the Brothers, you might like the Breed too. (Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian ) More vamp warriors to read about! There's a thread in this forum about them also!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Yes, if you love BDB you may in fact love MB. I know I really enjoy it. Although there are those that feel they are too close and some like one over the other. I'm a equal opportunity vampire lover, they are all so yummy!

I hope in the compendium, in addition to the floor plans of the compound, but some artist renderings of the compound and Darius' house, possibly Rev and V's penthouse.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!