Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by twilightmom »

StarE - BDB stands for Black Dagger Brotherhood. It's a series of books by J. R. Ward. The main characters are vampires and it's discussed on the gutter because several people have read them and (as I was shocked to find out) they are labeled "Romance." But actually, the books have a great storyline, and I think they are pretty well written. They are entertaining to say the least and there is some fun smut included! I don't know who first read them, but I was introduced to the series through my Guttermates back a couple of months ago when I joined. I just finished reading all 6 (a 7th is on its way in the spring). There is also an "Insiders Guide," that I am currently reading. There are also several other Guttermates that are reading the series at this time. You'll also find a discussion thread labeled by the same name, but I don't recommend looking in there if you don't want spoilers (if you plan to read). There are also several other series of paranormal romance that are tossed around here on the Gutter. GNE and Nima have the lists and abbreviations.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

LOL - My mother is dragging me to the gym. I'm bringing BDB with me :) I am not very far into it... Ummm... in fact I'm like on page 13... I don't feel like reading and I certainly don't feel like going to the gym. I feel like sitting around in my PJs all day!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL OF MY U.S. GUTTERMATES :D I am happy that it is over and that my kitchen is finally clean!
Welcome to the Gutter StarEmerson you'll like it here, we are a friendly bunch. Swan for Christmas Dinner? Swans are foul creatures (no fowl pun intended)!Growing up, I had a neighbor who thought a swan would make a nice pet (idiot). They never kept the thing penned in so it roamed free. I had to walk by their house everyday on my way home from school and everyday that flipping bird would chase me and peck at my ankles. How it never ended up on ayone's buffet in my neighborhood is still a mystery to me :D .
Here's a good question: What is the most untraditional thing you have had for Christmas Dinner?
For me it was Stone Crab Claws & shrimp cocktail (I grew up in Miami...lighted palm trees, 80 degrees...very untraditional holiays).

I finally finished BDB!! Actually I have been done for about 5 days, but I haven't been able to post until now. My favorite was definately Z's story (great minds think alike Twimom).

I have been daydreaming of a weekend for myself far far away from responsibility and obligation...has anyone else been daydreaming about Twicon? Or something like it? Gutter Get Together? Anyone? Bueller? :lol:
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

spooky, my twin, it's good that you'll be reading it on the treadmill where having red cheeks won't be an issue. I found myself blushing an awful lot at about the 63rd or 64th page. but then again, i blush easily.

I went to a friend's place tonight and had turkey dinner! She was so tired of hearing about US Thanksgiving that she broke down and threw a turkey in the oven. Yay!

I would love to go to Twicon or a Gutter reunion, but i fear that'll be a long way off for me, unless i win the lottery this weekend. I can dream, right?

Well, i feel like crap so i'm going to go crawl into bed with Zsadist for a while. ;)
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Oleander, hope you are feeling better.
I just finished Book 6 of Dark Hunter (V'Aiden and Erin - such fun!)
I'm hoping to go to TwiCon if things work out (gotta start working on the written part that will make it possible).
I know there were attempts to try a Gutter gathering, but it's tough with so many of us all over the world.
We had pizza for US Thanksgiving here yesterday. I hate shopping, so you'd never catch me out on anything like Black Friday. The closest equivalent to it here is Boxing Day and I despise Boxing Day. I am slightly demophobic, so I prefer doing online shopping or all of my purchases at one store.
Any name for the new thread decided yet?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

oleander wrote: Well, i feel like crap so i'm going to go crawl into bed with Zsadist for a while. ;)
Well, I supposed if you can share Rob, I can share Z!!! :twisted: Enjoy and feel better.

I'd love to go to TwiCon, but travel is going to be pretty tight for me in 2009. I have a commitment for a wedding in July (the week prior to TwiCon), in Seattle. Plus I have my 20-year union in Michigan earlier in July. So, unless I win the lotto... (I'll bring you Oleander, if I do!) And, I suppose my family would like to see me some next summer. Any other fun suggestions?

I did not go shopping today - YUCK!! I do my purchasing online, anyhow!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Yeay Inspired - I just have linnens to wash, dishwasher to emptly and load with leftover glasses and then I am done with thanksgiving also :)

How could any of thou thinking of eating Swan! Isn't duck bad enough. No mattr how foul... slugs are foul... how many of those have been eaten???? Crazy weird food eaters out there in the world.

Twinnie - I hear you - I'd love to go to twicon but, I'm keeping ahold of what money I have until we pass this world recession. Feel better! I could not read on the treadmill, so I tried to read on the bike but someone kept bothering me... (yes and I had earphones in also). I also realised I am on pae 8 not page 13! I am a faux reader. A also hat emass market books - so tiny!!!!

twilightmom... smart woman. I did not shop either. I slept. I love online shopping. I am neither a morning person or a croud person. There is not a good enough deal out there to make me do that for an object.

has onyone posted nena yet about 99 pages? I don't want to be reduntent. If someone has please post that you did. If no one has by the time I get back to this thread, I will. Ya know what..

NEVERMIND - I'll post nena right now.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Ugh, I never go out on Black Friday...ever. I'm also not a crowd person or a morning person, or a shopping person for that matter. I definitely prefer online shopping.

What is the most untraditional thing you have had for Christmas Dinner?
Can you believe I've never had a Christmas dinner? My family always cooked a big Christmas breakfast because that's when we were up opening presents as kids and they've continued the tradition even though I usually don't make it to their house until the afternoon now. So my Christmas dinner just consists of whatever I can scrounge up when I get home, usually something microwavable.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

I use to go Black Friday shopping but not for the past few years. My aunt and I use to make a big deal of it and go out for breakfast and everything. Now my aunt has my grandma living with and she can't be left alone and she's too weak to handle the crowds.

What is the most untraditional thing you have had for Christmas Dinner? Chinese take out. None of us wanted to cook and so we ordered in.

Twicon: I would love to go and I'm trying to justify it. I usually go to a conference in Tulsa in July and if I don't go to that, then I could probably use that money to go to Twicon. I just don't want to drive by myself and tickets out of Omaha are expensive. Not to mention, I'd have to take tons of Valium just to get on the plane. :lol: I'm still up for meeting up somewhere with other guttermates.
Leah_CJI
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah_CJI »

I did all my black friday shopping online... Most of it was Twilight stuff--for me-- and also yarn because I making things for Christmas this year--takes a load off of my debit card.

unconventional christmas dinner: Last year, Yoji and I made taco salad for Christmas. Then we went to visit mom who made the big din. *nostalgia* last Christmas is where TW started for me. -sigh- good times.

I'm half way through the BDB compendium right now. I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

I'd love to go to Twicon but it's something I'd have to save up for... meeting up with the fellow guttereez would be rad fantastic. Keep me posted on that if we plan one.