Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Wingtear »

I found Eclipse while traveling, and didn't intend to read it until I had found the rest. The other book I bought didn't hold my interest, so I caved, and I fell... I think I'm still falling...
Here it's not just to run out and by (dual-language country, Finnish/Swedish) English books, they have to be ordered :(
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
The Architect
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by The Architect »

May I ask how you "Found" the book?
Wouldnt be anything like Alice and the porsche, would it? :P

Sucks that you have to order it though, Kinda puts a damper on everything not being able to get it done in one go.
What If I'm The Bad Guy?
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

No. my mini-dvd broke down, so I went to the Ferry's cafeteria to buy some books. and there was this gorgeous black book, with a red ribbon over the cover... I'm a sucker for covers that make me tingle, and Eclipse sure did... :lol:
Last edited by Wingtear on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

Woah, a twenty-something thread? I guess that means I have like... nine months left to post on here before I turn thirty! :) I guess that makes me the oldest around here! That's new for me. I'm usually the youngest of whatever group I'm in, for some reason or another.

I tried to read the last few posts to make sure I'm up to speed. Wingtear, am I to understand that you read Eclipse first? Before the others?!?! Was that weird for you? I mean, obviously you fell in love with the books anyway (cause you're here on the lex!) but I just wonder if you were confused at any point during that.
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

LisaCullenAZ wrote:Woah, a twenty-something thread? I guess that means I have like... nine months left to post on here before I turn thirty! :) I guess that makes me the oldest around here! That's new for me. I'm usually the youngest of whatever group I'm in, for some reason or another.
Hey! Welcome...lol...I turn 30 in 9 months too...lol...you fit right in!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

LisaCullenAZ wrote:I tried to read the last few posts to make sure I'm up to speed. Wingtear, am I to understand that you read Eclipse first? Before the others?!?! Was that weird for you? I mean, obviously you fell in love with the books anyway (cause you're here on the lex!) but I just wonder if you were confused at any point during that.
Well, I fell in love with the writing style more than the book itself, I've read "better" vampire stories (avid fantasy reader) but no one have ever captured my soul and spellbound me like Stephenie Meyer!
It was a little weird, because I couldn't see any reason for her picking Edward, he was such a Why are we talking about a donkey? in the beginning of EC and Jacob was just behaving like I think most teenage boys would. I wanted to continue with BD as soon as I could, but I forced myself to read TW and NM first, because I really needed to know why she made the choices she did. Eclipse is still my favorite book, and I love SM's writing, I read all the extras and outtakes (and Midnight Sun) on her website... All in the 1½ weeks following me buying EC... :lol:
Jengonz1982
Settled in Forks

Post by Jengonz1982 »

Hiya everyone! I'm glad I found the 20 somethings thread :) I'm 26 and just got into Twilight last week. :eek: I know I'm a total newb. Sorry about that :(
[imgImage][/img]
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Jengonz1982 wrote:Hiya everyone! I'm glad I found the 20 somethings thread :) I'm 26 and just got into Twilight last week. :eek: I know I'm a total newb. Sorry about that :(

Welcome to the Lex and the 20 something thread. have you seen the movie yet?
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

I just found this threat too, so hope I can join in. I'm 22. I was on the Lex before but my account expired a while back. Anyways, feel free to call me Ash or Ambrosia. Either is fine.

I've read the past few pages.. I can't imagine reading Eclipse before the rest Wingtear, but I do agree it's the best book of the series. I love each in their own way though. I know several are not big fans, but I absolutely love Breaking Dawn as well.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Well, I never did anything else in the same way as the other children in the playground, so why this? :lol:
Now I'm off to bed and hopefully some werewolf dreams!