1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
No, for some reason, he has this supernatural confidence.
2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I was shocked.
3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
I laughed when she punched Jake. And then I was surprised when she didn't hurt him. I didn't like Charlie's reaction. I thought Edward would be mad, but it was less than I was expecting.
4. Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett’s bet, as Bella did?
Surprise, but I laughed at that too, so it wasn't really horror.
5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”
That still confuses me.