Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Dune...wow. I remember Paul Atriedes, but I can't remember much else. Paul and his clan have weird eyes. He has a little sister who was born with the old memories. Oooh, she's like Renesmee in a way. I can't do justice to this. I'll stop here, and pray someone else wil pick it up later. Sorry, Jenni_elyse! I tried.

ETA: Wasn't Paul's little sister also half human?

Thanks for the compiment, jenni_elyse. I'm usually pretty good at this, but my brain is tired.
Last edited by Goodnight Elizabeth on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I thought you were doing great GNE! But, I understand. I was just trying to think of a book and Dune was the first thing that came to mind. ;)
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Ha! I'll help you out Twin! When I was growing up I remember when my brother stayed up for a week so he could record Dune, the director's cut, without commercials. (For the young'ns that are reading...back then we only had VHS tape recorders and to "cut out" the commercials you had to watch the show and pause at the beginning of the commercial break and remember to hit record when the break was over.) This was his beloved movie and I can't begin to tell you how many times I have watched it. Well, suffice to say, I can't watch the regular movie, I have to see the extended one otherwise I keep thinking it's been edited for commercials! :D

Dune - Paul is like Edward in that the family depends upon him greatly to help save their race (coven). His sister is all knowing and powerful and is a little like Alice, but I agree, more like Reneesme. The Harconans are out to get rid of the House of Atredies, similarly as the Volturi seek to destroy the Cullens unless they can enslave them. The good doctor of the House of Atredies is used to spy and infiltrate, brining about the war, just as Irinia brings about the war in the end of BD.

Next book: Where the Red Fern Grows
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Very good, Una. If we keep up with the books I may not be posting much. I was an English major in college, but I read a lot of Southern Delta, Vietnam War, Postmodern, and Modernist literature. I hated Bristish literature. Honestly. I needed literature that had more meat in it.

Movies...I'm good. Books...not so hot.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Very good, Una. If we keep up with the books I may not be posting much. I was an English major in college, but I read a lot of Southern Delta, Vietnam War, Postmodern, and Modernist literature. I hated Bristish literature. Honestly. I needed literature that had more meat in it.

Movies...I'm good. Books...not so hot.
I'm with you, GNE! I haven't read enough books to be able to participate really. I remember watching the movie version of Where the Red Fern Grows, but I don't remember anything about it.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Majority rules--- books or movies? I vote movies. Or we could mix it so everyone can play.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Hey now, if you saw the movie of the book, that counts! Jenni, give us your Twilightize of Where the Red Fern Grows. Then you can pick either a book or movie. That way we make EVERYONE happy (or equally frustrated)!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Okay, so I'll try. I had to use Wikipedia to help refresh my memory. :lol:

Where the Red Fern Grows is like Twilight because even though the Cullens didn't acquire the wolves as their own pets, they did train them and teach them how to defeat Victoria's newborn army. Was that good enough?

Twilightize: Twilight (Ha ha! :lol: Just kidding!)

For real, Twilightize: One Fine Day
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

One fine day! That's with George Clooney, no? So... maybe it could be like... sort of a Pride and Prejudice sort of thing. They hated eachother and then ended up falling for one another. And of course we know that Edward and Bella had a kind of Darcy/Elizabeth issue with the bad first impressions. :lol:

How was that? I haven't played this forever! Heck, I haven't BEEN here forever!

Okay, Twilightize: The Pink Panther. And I mean the really good one, the old one with Peter Sellers. Not the one with Beyonce and Steve Martin. Unless, of course, you liked that one... in which case you can feel free to Twilightize it if you want. (hee hee)

ETA: I just realized that you guys are doing books? Holy crap, I had no idea One Fine Day was even a book. That's embarrassing. :?

And of course The Pink Panther is NOT a book... so just forget it. :roll: Sorry.
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

LisaCullenAZ wrote:ETA: I just realized that you guys are doing books? Holy crap, I had no idea One Fine Day was even a book. That's embarrassing. :?

And of course The Pink Panther is NOT a book... so just forget it. :roll: Sorry.
Actually, I chose to turn it back to a movie because I don't know enough books. So, you're good. Pink Panther it is, but not from me because I just played. Someone else's turn!