A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

Post by lag28wa »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
I was scared and wondered what was going to happen next. I was reading so quickly at this point that I just kind of sped on!

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
Hmm, good question. I am not sure if I totally know. I think part of it might be that Alice maybe understands a tiny bit what Bella is doing, or she feels that at least she will know where Bella is when Edward gets there. Or maybe she is in denial and hoping that Bella won't do it. But for sure I think she doesn't want Jasper to over react. Jasper is very protective of Bella at this point, and I gather he is extremely protective of Alice (we see this more in New Moon, when Alice goes to Italy and explains why she didn't tell Jasper). I think part of Alice doens't want Jasper to try to stop Bella?

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
Hmm another thing I hadn't thought about before. I think that it was half and half. I think that Bella's mind is so strong ( I know Jasper's gift has more to do with physiology than psychology but her mind plays into this) that she is able to counteract some of Jasper's calming effect, and it seems that he doesn't try to push it.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
Can NOT be good. Escpecially with Bella's luck.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
Because James told her not to, or her mother would die, and Bella is one to believe whatever you say.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
I think she resisted, she is strong ;)
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?I was really worried for her mom the whole ending my palms were sweating and i was a nervous wreck

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.because she knew they would stop her

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?i just think he gave up because she never resisted his calming effect before
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I was thinking that James must have gone there. There isnt any other explination as to why she would have that kind of vision.

She probably doesnt want them to worry. They would want to come with Bella, and Bella knew that wasnt the best idea. She didnt want to endanger her family.

I think she was actually successful with resisting.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I don't really remember. I don't think my reaction was very strong. James was supposed to be a tracker so I assumed it was pretty easy for him to find Bella's home.

She feels that doing this alone is her best chance at saving her mother. She knows that if she tells them, they'll never let her go. I don't think she believes they'll just let her mother die, but they would go after James on their own and Bella's afraid James would harm her mother before they could do anything.

I think he gave up. He could have maintained contact with her forcibly if necessary and he didn't really need the contact anyway, although I think contact made his power stronger.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

i was like wow that's weird and then it made sence later on2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
She didn't what them telling Edward
not really sure...
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Sheer terror, and that's no over exaggeration. I felt my heart fall right onto the floor... I was so scared for her and Renee!

They would stop her, of course. She felt that this was what she needed to do.

I don't think he really... gave up. But I think that when Jasper realized that she didn't want him to do what he was doing he stopped... not because he was giving up, but because he understood that she kind of wanted to worry. It was her right to worry. She said stop, so he did.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

I almost cried I was freaked out for her...I was so freaked out James was going to kill her mom.

I think she knew they would stop her, and she really didn't want to push her luck with James.

I think it was a bit of both, Jasper really didn't want to do anything against her wishes
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I was freaking out, this is not good, this is not good!

If they knew, they'd never leave her alone, for fear she'd run off. And she was already making plans to save her mom from James.

I always thought she successfully resisted, but now I'm not so sure.
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

It was like, "Whoa! Maybe I can find that house!" LOL Just kidding (I live in Phoenix, just so you all know)! I thought it to be strange and had a big feeling that something was going to happen. @_@

She didn't want them to get hurt or alert Edward of her plans. She wanted no one to get hurt over her blood. She loved them all. =)

Hmm.. I don't really have a clue. I know Jasper was having alot on his mind but he is pretty powerful. Yet, Bella can do something once in a while to amaze us.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3