1) This is the first mention we have of the huge black bear wandering around the forest of Forks. What was your first impression of this information? Did you think it would be as important as it turned out to be?
I just kind of thought it was filler, to be honest. I thought it was something Bella was interested enough to pay attention to, for whatever reason. I didn't think it would turn out to be important until her friends mentioned it.
2) What did you think of Mike in this chapter and his behavior toward Bella? Were you surprised that he wasn't trying to "make the most" of working alone with her?
I just thought he'd given up. I actually felt bad for him, an emotion I've never wasted on Mike... (don't get me wrong, I like Mike, it's just always been clear where the line was... you know, the one he's always trying to cross).
3) What did you think of Bella's motorcycle plan?
OH NO! I thought for sure she'd get herself killed. Then, for one horrifying moment, I thought that was her intent. Then I said to myself... no, she just wants Edward, poor girl. I thought it was outrageously stupid, but in the same situation, I probably would have done the same.
4) When you first saw Jacob through Bella's eyes, what did you think? Did you like him? Did you think he would become as important to her as he did?
I always loved Jacob. Out of the whole story, Jake is my favorite character. Okay, Jake and Edward... can't choose. I knew he'd become important to her, because she was happy around him. Of course she'd do whatever she could just to stay happy, and Jake was her personal happy maker... her sun. How could he not be important. I just love Jake.
5) Were you surprised by Bella's complete reluctance to leave Forks or did you suspect it given Edward's minimally lingering presence? Why or why not?
No, I understand why she didn't want to leave. Of course, to her, Forks = Edward. If Where You Live = Edward... would you want to leave?
6) This is the first time we see Billy without Edward around or the threat of Edward looming. Did your impression of him change at all from Twilight? Why or why not?
Yeah, I thought he was a good guy. Sweet, just looking out for his family. (I pretty much count Bella as part of that family. They're just one big family, them and Charlie.) But I was still mad that he didn't like the Cullens, and I was a bit peeved that his good behavior was probably a result of their absence.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT