Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Wanderer

Post by BerAngelVamp »

*Wanderer* wrote: I was really just, bawling... more than I did in New Moon! ..... Another reason I should add to my long list of why I love Stephenie Meyer's books: the characters.
i know, i cried at the end too...like, real actual wet tears! it was horrible! i think wanderer is such a cool character b/c everyone knows someone who is kind of like her, compassionate to a fault...too sensitive for this world, but with the strength to make it anyways....i did not like her in the first chapter, she seemed....stiff? restrained? then you get to see who she really is and how she really sees things and i just loved her! i wasn't crazy about calling her wanda either....but i realize the necessity of a shorter, easier name. :roll:
yes! her characters are all so loveable, even when they piss you off!! she said somewhere that she didn't first develop a plot when brainstorming for her novels, but rather she thought of a character and gave them the will to have their own lives, own decisions, i'm sure this is a huge reason why they are all so unforgettable and multi-faceted! :D
~Amber
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Wow, I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about Wanderer! Only 12 posts! Come on, people. You know you want to... ;)

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
esmecullen740
Settled in Forks

Post by esmecullen740 »

Ahhh, Wanderer
I have difficulty liking her at the begining but after they got caught, I think she was really nice. She was like a newborn child who don't even know how to lie and have dificulty thinking of hurting people. I admired her for her character and i cried so much when she decided to give up her soul so Melainie can be back. It was so noble.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

esmecullen740 wrote:Ahhh, Wanderer
I have difficulty liking her at the begining but after they got caught, I think she was really nice. She was like a newborn child who don't even know how to lie and have dificulty thinking of hurting people. I admired her for her character and i cried so much when she decided to give up her soul so Melainie can be back. It was so noble.
Yes! It was noble! That's the word I'm looking for.

Love,
*Wanderer*
cedwardrox

Post by cedwardrox »

In the beginning I think she was a hard character to like. She found nothing wrong with what her kind did. The whole insertion process didn't bother her. She believed the 'aliens' were doing the right thing. I found that hard to be OK with. Later though, she understood that they were wrong for invading the humans bodies. It on;y started once she felt love, but at least it started. I definitely grew attached to her character. i felt for her. She felt alone, and I feel alone very often. I thought some of her motives were wrong, but I still connected with her. She made a lot of right choices, but also some bad ones. All in all, I like her.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
cedwardrox

Post by cedwardrox »

*Wanderer* wrote:
esmecullen740 wrote:Ahhh, Wanderer

I believe that so much! I cried so much as well. esmecullen740, you explained Wanderer completely correct in my opinion. That is exactly how I felt, I just couldn't express it right.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I like Wanderer, she wasn't like the others just following orders and I love the fact that she embraced Mel like she was a sister. As i was reading i even got sad when I thought Wanderer would just die I'm so glad they found her the new body.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

Glad to read I wasn't the only one who was crying in the end. :)
Wanderer was my favourite character. In the beginning I - of course - didn't really like her, but after she stared to care about Jamie and Jared, I couldn't help but loving her. I thought it was very funny to read her non-violent thoughts and how she couldn't lie properly.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I got the book for Christmas and have been unable to out it down!
Seriously!

I really liked Wanderers character! Normally I hate naive characters in books but I loved hers!
I loved her relationship with Mel and I adored all the romantic stuff with Ian but I felt now and again it drifted down the "Bella & Edward" e.g when he got weirdly protective over her!
I found it interesting watching her and Jareds characted develop as well!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

Hey guys... NEWBIE to host :)

ok im not sure is i get proper prospective on wanda because im only half way through the books but ive all ready cried twice.
Wanda is an awsome character but i think she need to tell of jared when he came back from gathering.. remember i am only half way through BUT LOVING WANDA!!

LOVE CAM
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN