A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by bubblylittlealice »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
i thought he ment she would fall alot or something and i thought he was hunting and they found him
2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
i hate her, bella is a nice person Lauren has to get a life
3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I wasn't sure about him, i knew he wouldn't like Edward so that made me think he did want to be more then a friend to bella
4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
not sure he might think who ever told him was making it up
5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
ya right away i was like yep he's a werewolf but someone of my friends told me he was before
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I don't know. I probably just didn't think any further. For all I knew, he could've lied again and be somewhere else.

I didn't like her to start from but this made me hate her.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I liked Jacob and though it was cute how he fell for Bella's flirting. :) I did also think he had a little crush on Bella. Didn't suspect it would become so ... intense later on though.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Bella knew that there was something weird going on with the Cullens while Jacob had never seen that for himself. I guess it was normal for him to think those stories were just legends.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Not until New Moon. Then it sort of became obvious.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

I wish I could say that I didn't already know that Edward was a vampire the moment I picked up the book, but I can't. So I had a pretty good guess what he was doing up there, even if I wasn't absolutely, one hundred percent sure. But I was right. I really wish I hadn't read the back of the book (I learned from this... I don't do that anymore).

She's quite the difficult thing. I don't know. I think it's terribly misplaced.

I liked Jacob right away! It's always been obvious that he had a certain interest in Bella, and almost right away I was pretty sure he'd develop pretty serious feelings for her (Gosh, Bella is so lucky, to have magical, very attractive men pining after her...).

Because he's young and he thinks the old people are set in their old ways... young people have different views of life as old people. I think it's just the way of life, really. And Bella was desperate for an answer... I think she would have believed almost anything. It's just a good thing for her that she got just the right information.

I only thought about it for a brief second until I was on to the next chapter and had forgotten all about the wolves.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

LOL I kinda knew what he was doing and surprized Bella couldn't figure it out.

Oh grr :x I knew she was just jealous of her but god why do people have to be so mean but in reality there is at least one girl like her everywhere you go so...had to have someone like her in the book, makes it balanced.

Oh I did like him at first, and yes you could tell he was into her as more than just a friend, but it was good that he could shut Lauren up. Made me smile. ;)

because he never met the Cullens and honestly would you beleive it if you didn't know someone who fit in the legend so perfectly?

Yup. I did actually.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

That maybe Edward and his family were the hunting type of family. I really didn't think of what else Edward would be doing besides the fact that he wasn't there in Forks with Bella!

She was the kind of girl to quickly judge people of their appearance and easily jealous. =P

Ah, Jacob Black. . . Oh, wait, am I supposed to answer the question? Right. Okay, I thought Jacob was a really sweet guy. He's a small town guy, pretty simple, and totally cute (though Edward is cute too XD) I did have a feeling, however, that he was interested in Bella.

Those stories were told over and over, where my thoughts. I thought him as a guy who needed to see something to be able to believe it. Though those legends were past down from generation to generation, he needed to have physical proof.

I didn't really know what was going to happen in the next books let alone knowing that there were going to be werewolves!
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- I was actually thinking he was just trying to protect her from what they assumed were bear attacks.

- I absolutely hated her, I believe she was just envious of Bella since she was the "new kid" and was becoming popular. Many people tend to act out on those feelings.

- I loved his attitude, he seems boy-ish...and it's cute that he has a little crush on Bella. I noticed it as soon as he came along.

- Well, he probably didn't believe it because it could have been just a little story for entertainment for little kids or something. Like a traditional thing.

- I definitely did because WHY wouldn't Stephenie put them in her other books? :)
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnePerCentClub »

I had an idea, but I thought Charlie was asking Bella to be careful.

She's jealous of Bella getting all the attention.

I didn't, because I knew (without reading the rest of the story) that he was going to be a problem for Bella because of her relationship with Edward.

I think he did, maybe he just didn't want to tell Bella.

I had no idea, that caught me by surprise.
xsundaybestx
Settled in Forks

Post by xsundaybestx »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there? Yeah, I figured he'd probably be hunting.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? Further proof how petty high school girls can be.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I though Jacob to be very young, almost like a brother-type to Bella. I like him from the start, but I was a bit dissapointed when he tried flirting with Bella.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? Jacob hadn't been around the Cullens to see that there could even be truth to the legends.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? Not at all. Infact, I pretty sure I dismissed the part about Jacob's ancestors decending from wolves the second he said it. It wasn't until New Moon when Bella was in the meadow with Laurent that I even put two and two together. I fell very silly now, because usually I catch these things.
Team Vampire.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rocks wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I thought maybe he didn't know what he was getting himself into, going up there.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? I hate Lauren. She's just like the girls who openly disliked me in school and those who I disliked.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? Yes, I liked Jacob, even though he seemed to be a little young. And yes, I kind of got the idea he really liked her too.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? Jacob hasn't spent much time around the Cullens and kids today are taught to be more accepting of every one and not to believe in the closet monsters.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? Nope, not a clue.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there? I did sorta, but I just thought he was adventurous maybe.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? I ignored her, you can't have everyone like you and some people are like Lauren.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I thought he was okay, obviously he liked Bella more than a friend.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? He didn't know the Cullens, it was just crazy stuff to him.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? Not while reading Twilight, but while reading NM yes.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com