Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by Forever_Twilight »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
Of course I was worried about Bella's safety! Who knows what those jerks could have done? I had no clue that Edward would save her. =) (Which, this happens to be one of my favorite parts of the book)

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
Actually I wasn't afraid. I thought that he was like the perfect man. I would love to have a guy wanna beat someone up because of their gross thoughts about me. What girl wouldn't want that? I knew that Bella was completely safe with him. =)

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
Yes and no. I was surprised but I guessed he would have to reveal something about himself at some point in the book. Though, I had no clue this was apart of his secret.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
That she was the love of his life. =) She had the power of love over him and clouded his minds. (At least that's what I thought)

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
Edward Cullen is no stalker! =O How in the world could you say that?! So, no, I didn't think so. I thought it was completely sweet of him to watch over Bella. =') True love right there, hon.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnePerCentClub »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
I thought she was going to get assaulted, it was a shock when Edward showed up to rescue her.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I think his reaction was normal, he only knows what those guys were thinking and if he cared for her, he was afraid that they would've done something to her.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I was surprised. But there must've been something about Bella that he knew she wasn't going to tell anybody. He trusted her. I didn't know that was his secret.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
I thought that meant that Edward had found his true love, when he found a woman whose mind he couldn't read, that's when he knew that was the girl for him.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
I didn't think he was stalking her. He was just trying to protect her. And he was falling in love with her. With nothing to do, lots of time to waste and Bella being a magnet for disaster, he could easily keep and eye on her to protect her from any danger.
xsundaybestx
Settled in Forks

Post by xsundaybestx »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? I started worrying when she wondered away from the nice part of town.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? I thought it was normal from him to act the way he did, especially after Rosalie's whole sitution. But I was never worried for Bella.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? I can't remember if I guessed that he was a mind reader or not, but I was surprised that he told Bella as openly as he did.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? I never really came up with a theory.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? I though it was a little weird, but I brushed it off quickly.
Team Vampire.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I started worrying when she realized that they were following behind her and when she was thinking about how to defend herself, I was almost sick to my stomach, I was so terrified.

I thought it was perfectly normal for him to react that way, he was REALLY mad at those guys for wanting to hurt Bella, I was too. I wasn't afraid of him, I just wanted him to calm down so Bella wouldn't be scared. No, I was trusting Edward to know what he was doing.

I was surprised when he said so suddenly that he could read minds. No, I thought he was very intuitive, like me.

I accepted Edward's theory (the AM/FM radio)

No, I liked it, because he was saving her. It made me feel safe, too.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? Right away. I just thought, "uh-oh" as soon as they showed up, and I wasn't expecting Edward, that was a pleasant surprise.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? No, I wasn't worried for Bella or afraid of him. He had every right to be angry at those pervs.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? I didn't expect the whole reading-of-minds thing, but it didn't surprise me. And I wasn't surprised he told Bella so quickly, I could tell he wanted her to understand something about him.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? She was just different from everyone else, something in her brain protected her.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? I brushed it off, because he wasn't like watching her change and stuff, it was more protective.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Of course Edward would come, his her knight in shining armor, wish I had one....

If i was Bella I would have let Edward beat the crap out of those guys! :D

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? I like the way when Edwards with Bella things just slip out easier.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? I dunno, I just accepted that fact and didn't question it, maybe because his own mind didn't want to read his mind because subconsciously he wanted to give her privacy?

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off? I love the scene where Edward rushes in and saves the day, it just shows he'll do anything for his Bella!
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I was when she turned around and saw those two guys following her. I did think Edward was around there when she mentioned the parked silver Volvo, I though that he would be walking at night of course. I was surprised he showed up the way he did it was great.

I thought that it was a bit strange I wasn't scared just curious to know why he was acting that way. But considering what was going to happen to Bella I couldn't blame him for feeling murderous. I wasn't afraid for him or Bella she was safe with him.

No not really he had said he was breaking all the rules. I was surprised, I thought there was something special about him other then his accute senses I just didn't know what.

Well I thought that there must be something in her brain that causes a block.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off
No it didn't he loved her and knew that she was in danger almost every second of her life as he knew so far. I would love for someone to care about me that much to make it his personal mission in life to save me.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? When they were following her I was freaked out. When Edward pulled around the corner I was going nuts it was so close!

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? I felt that his reaction was a little over-the-top. I was afraid of him. You never read of him acting like that. I wasn't worried for Bella because you can tell that he cares about her too much to hurt her.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? It was wierd how he came right out and said it. I was shocked. I had no idea that he could do that.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? I thought that it was his attraction to her.

It did not cancern my that he watched over her so well. It semt to me like he was her gaurdian angel.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
lexii_x33
Settled in Forks

Post by lexii_x33 »

I started to become worried when the two thugs were following her and then she realized that she had been herded. I also had a thought that Edward was going to show up because in the chapter Bella mentioned seeing a silver volvo so I assumed that Edward was going to come to the rescue.

I was a little afraid of him at first, but I didn't think he was going to hurt Bella.

I had already kind of came up with the assumption that he could read minds, but not Bella's.

She had said in the beginning of the book that she thought her mind worked differently than most and I thought that had something to do with it.

I just brushed it off, I was glad that he was keeping a close eye on her, she is extremely accident prone.
twilightaholic1216
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightaholic1216 »

I was worried when she got to the street where there were a bunch of buildings without windows or doors.

No, It was actually kind of comforting, and pleasureable to know that he was ready to kill the men that were going to harm Bella. It shows how much he cares for her.

No, not really, especially when he makes that remark that he finds her especially hard to read.

I thought it was all meant to be. You know to get him as much interested in Bella as physically possible, so that they would definatelly end up together. Kind of like fate, really.

I felt kind of pleased. To know that he likes her that much, and knowing that he would be there when she needed him.