Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
!Mad Hatter!
Settled in Forks

Re: Stefan and Vladimir

Post by !Mad Hatter! »

I personally find the part where they show up to be entertaining, because they make their mission so blunt: 'We're not for you, but, we're against them.'

"At least when we ruled, we were honest about what we were." It makes me wonder what they were like. Plus, since they were the last two surviving members, I wonder how come they were spared. Neither of them have any special abilities. They don't seem all that important.

I wonder if they had wives? More brothers? Sisters? I wish Stephenie went more into their backstory.

In any case, part of their quote about what they say to Renesmee is in my signature. I'm quite a fan of them. I like straightforward, serious people.

Dracula one and Dracula two. Hahaha.

They're the kind of people that show up in your nightmares and kill you. Which, in a morbid way, makes me interested in them.
"Stefan and I, at least, did not continue to petrify. Now the Volturi's eyes are filmed with dusty scum, but ours are bright. I imagine that will give us an advantage when we gauge theirs from their sockets."

-Vladimir
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Funny!! A good way of looking at them. I, too, sort of liked them showing up for the 'party'(tongue-in-cheek) :lol:

I think they survived because they got the heck out of there before they got 'fried' alive. They are pretty cunning to have survived and patient to bied their time for revenge. And your right, at least they were honest about who they were.

I think they were, at one time, almost if not just as powerful as the Volturi and as always the Volturi saw them as a threat. I liked how Stephan said "Alec owes me many lives, he's mine." Whoo-hoo! To bad he did not have the chance, but who knows what the future might bring. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Ruby_Eyes
Settled in Forks

Post by Ruby_Eyes »

Maybe she will mention more about their background in the twilight handguide thing??? because I am deffinitly a Romanian fan. And a Volturri fan too, which i guess is kinda ironic. I just like protaganists. :twisted:

"Interesting company you keep"
~Demetri Breaking Dawn

"You breed mutants here"
~Caius, Breaking Dawn

TEAM VOLTURI!!!!
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Anything I say will have already been repeated but someone or another.
I think they're cool.
Mysterious.
Dracula 1, and 2. :lol: (I wonder who's 1? Can I be 3? :D )

Something no one has said:
If you have read the Vampire Diaries, Vald and Stefan are JUST LIKE DAMON!!!!
Also, it's kind of ironic. Damon(a vampire, naturally) has a brother named STEFAN(a vampire also of course)!!!! :shock:

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

I enjoyed their characters because, for me, they were a nod to the more traditional vampire novels and movies. Whenever I pictured them, I see them as very traditional, and in this black and white Nosferatu-styled atmosphere. (... ahem, if that makes no sense just be happy you don't have to live in my mind.) If I ever did any graphical work (or even traditional art, god forbid) based on Twilight (which I doubt I ever will), I would do a piece around these guys because to me they're deeply interesting, especially when it came to their rise and fall from power. Revenge is a powerful motivator and should Meyer ever manage to get enough writing experience under her belt to write something other then genre romance, I would love to see a dark horror novel concerning these two.

I was also under the impressed Vladimir was Vlad the Impaler, or at the very least a tilt of a hat to the Dracula/Vlad combo.
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

hahaha.

oh well, maybe i just have a thing for the bad guys. well, not maybe, i actually do. 8-)
i hope SM explains more of the character's back stories in the guide. i would love to know more about these guys and all those other side characters that were just crammed into BD :?
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Shuntiana
Wandering Through Town

Post by Shuntiana »

Indeed, I thought it was interesting how Renesmee was the only one who really wanted to be with them. I think it would have been fun to see that get explored a little more. But I'm perfectly happy with the way the book turned out ^^
Lana The Fixer - The Twilight Mafia
Fear the Loch Ness Monster!! - Team Renesmee ^_^ Cause we got the best of both worlds :D
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

Why can't I stop?

First I wanted to be Voldemort's girlfriend.
Then Aro's.
Then Marcus's.
And now these two!!

I love the way Nessie liked them. I suppose it was strange to her because she didn't know all the tradidtional vampire myths, so she didn't see them as traditional, scary vampires.

But to tell you the truth, I can't find it in myslef to be scared by anything in Twilight.

Is there a Team Romanian tag line I can stick in my signature?
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Archaic Lamb
Settled in Forks

Post by Archaic Lamb »

I am in love with the Romanians. XD They're honestly my favorite characters from the whole series.
They're very interesting, and I would love to hear about their tangle with the Volturi. I hope there will be a lot of information on them in the guide book, including their history.
I thought it was sad that everyone seemed to be averse to them, with the exception of Renesmee. Vladimir and Stefan were so cool, and if I was at the Cullen's house, I would be asking them a million questions a minute. XD
Ruby_Eyes
Settled in Forks

Post by Ruby_Eyes »

bite_me wrote:Why can't I stop?

First I wanted to be Voldemort's girlfriend.
Then Aro's.
Then Marcus's.
And now these two!!

I love the way Nessie liked them. I suppose it was strange to her because she didn't know all the tradidtional vampire myths, so she didn't see them as traditional, scary vampires.

But to tell you the truth, I can't find it in myslef to be scared by anything in Twilight.

Is there a Team Romanian tag line I can stick in my signature?
Oh man, Bite_me, we are definitly on the same page with that. I think Aro, Marcus (can we through Caius and Demetri in too?) and very possibly Voldemort should all consider a time-share girlfriend. or girlfriends. That way everyone is happy.
And I think we should create a Team Romanian AND a Team Volturi. Then my life would be complete. :roll:

"Interesting company you keep"
~Demetri Breaking Dawn

"You breed mutants here"
~Caius, Breaking Dawn

TEAM VOLTURI!!!!