EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

Post by Ambrosia »

Meztli, it's a Radiohead song. The name escapes me at the moment, but you can look it up on iTunes and it's a free download.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

Awesome Ambroia, you rock. I'll have to check that out and tell that person what I found out. Thanks. And I'll be back to answer the question.
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

What truly sets Emmett and Rosalie’s relationship apart from the others (Edward/Bella, Jasper/Alice, etc.)
I think the fact that they aren't as open and lovey-dovey as the others sets them apart. They deeply care for one another, but they aren't crying when one leaves or holding hands all the time.
They also remind me in a way of your cliche teen romance, the big, buff, friendly guy, and the hot blonde cheerleader. The difference there, however, is that they have lasted hundreds of years together, rather than a week. It makes me think, hey, sometimes that cute couple really can last.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Dazzled.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled. »

What truly sets Emmett and Rosalie’s relationship apart from the others (Edward/Bella, Jasper/Alice, etc.)

I think it's just the fact that they are so different, yet so much the same. (If that makes any sense?)
Alice and Jasper are different as well, Alice is really hyper and outgoing where as Jasper is a really calm and keeps to himself a lot. So they share the "opposites attract" thing like Emmett and Rosalie.

But Emmett and Rosalie both don't have "special powers" Yes, Emmett is super-strong. and yes, Rosalie is super-beautiful but it's not really a "special" thing. Maybe this is what kind of helps them form a bond. Because they are pretty normal (Other than the obvious vampire details) and they can stick together.

Same for Jasper and Alice though, they can stick together because they do have the powers.

Emmett and Rosalie just seem to have the physicalness, so I guess thats a big part of their relationship and how its different from the others. Although, it doesn't change how much they adore eachother because they can see past eachother's beauty and actually see the person behind it.

..This made more sense in my head, I think. :lol:
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."
"Bout time someone scored around here." - Emmett Cullen
Bulldozer Trainee of EDC. Inc
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

OH - MY - GOD! :o

MY INTERNET HAS BEEN DOWN FOR 2 DAYS AND I HAD TO CATCH UP ON 26 PAGES IN THE LAST THREAD AND 5 HERE!!

Seriously girls! You have been busy!
I feel so behind...
How is everyone lately??

OK..So first I must carry on from everything that I missed so bear with me ladies..

Welcome to ALL the new members! :D I'm Elise..Captain of the Cheerleading Squad (My Co-Captain is ilovetwilight)
So firstly I will give you our welcome cheer:
WELCOME TO E-D-C!
WHERE WE TALK ALL THINGS EMMETT-Y
YAY!! WOOOO!!!! *does flips*
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! FROM ALL OF US TO YOU!
WE HOPE YOU HAVE FUN, WORKING ON OUR CREW!!! *jumps and claps*
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now our Official Cheer Theme Song (Beware it's quite long so I think it will take up some room..)
EVERYWHERE WE GO!
EVERYWHERE WE GO! - (echo of squad)
PEOPLE WANNA KNOW!
PEOPLE WANNA KNOW
WHO WE ARE!
WHO WE ARE!
AND WHERE WE COME FROM!
AND WHERE WE COME FROM!
SO WE TELL THEM
SO WE TELL THEM
WE ARE E-D-Cee
WE ARE E-D-Cee
GIMME AN E!
E! *spell with body*
GIMME A D!
D! *spell with body*
GIMME A C!
C! *spell with body*
WHAT'S THAT SPELL??
EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW!!
WOOOHOOOOO! *splits/flips/acrobatics - various throughout the crew squad*

Whew..*Wipes sweat from forehead*

And next on my agenda: CONGRATS TO ALL THE PROMOTIONS GIRLS!!

And next: WOOOHOOO!! *FLIPS AND CHEERS* NEW THREAD!!!!!!!
WE CLEARLY ARE THE GREATEST TEAM OUT THERE!! :D

Now I shall think about the question here..*Scratches head thoughtfully* I will get back so i don't make this post any longer :oops:
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
KeroroGunsoFan2009
Settled in Forks
Location: Absorbed in the Twilight books. Don't try and get me out.

Post by KeroroGunsoFan2009 »

Jeez! I can't leave for a weekend without a new topic! Do things ALWAYS go this fast here?

P.S. I'm ALREADY almost finished with Breaking Dawn! =D
Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
Clean-Up Crew Member of EDC Inc.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

KeroroGunsoFan2009 wrote:Jeez! I can't leave for a weekend without a new topic! Do things ALWAYS go this fast here?
At first when there were only a couple of members things didn't move at such a fast pace but now that there are so many members (37 if I'm not mistaken), it moves quickly.

It's hard for me to keep up sometimes. You will get use to it.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

hey Welcome back Heather and Elise!!
I think that the others treat their relationships differently..for example
Alice and Jasper- all it takes is them to look in eachothers eyes.
Carlisle and Esme -thay are the parent figures so they have the parent relationship
Edward and Bella- Edward is the catious one and Bella is the ....danger bringing one. :lol:
Emmett and Rosalie- they have a strong physical relationship and depend on eachother :D
Hope that made sense...We are looking pretty nice on the pages girls Keep it up!! ;)
~mimi~ :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Promotion time!

Elise, you are now a Wrecking Ball Operator!
KeroroGunsoFan2009, you are on Clean up Crew now!
Dazzled and xXBeSafeXx, you are both Hand Laborers!

Congratulations everyone!
xXBeSafeXx wrote:What truly sets Emmett and Rosalie’s relationship apart from the others (Edward/Bella, Jasper/Alice, etc.)
I think the fact that they aren't as open and lovey-dovey as the others sets them apart. They deeply care for one another, but they aren't crying when one leaves or holding hands all the time.
They also remind me in a way of your cliche teen romance, the big, buff, friendly guy, and the hot blonde cheerleader. The difference there, however, is that they have lasted hundreds of years together, rather than a week. It makes me think, hey, sometimes that cute couple really can last.
This post interests me, because I haven't heard from very many people that Emmett and Rosalie aren't "open and lovey-dovey", as BeSafe puts it. I do believe that they really do care about eachother, and yes, they do show it, but they tend not to go for the whole every-little-move-has-to-show-that-we-love-eachother stuff. They love eachother, and they both know it, and thats all that matters.
So, in short, yes, I agree with you, BeSafe. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Alrighty..so now I will attempt the question at hand..
*Puts on thinking cap* Hmmm..

I always seem to think that every single couple has a completely different relationship, yet they are all based on extremely strong love - whatever form it may be.
Having said that - Rosalie and Emmett have the most 'publicly aware' relationship - they 'parade' (<- not the best word choice but..) their love around much more than any other (maybe ed/bella are close) but that doesn't make it any less strong.
These two (Emmett and Rose) are complete polar opposites, whereas a lot of the others have very similar qualities (Carlisle and Esme - both are very compassionate and loving; Jasper and Alice - both are very family oriented (and came form different backgrounds to the rest of the family) and Edward and Bella - Both selfless [in their own ways] and are very compelled to do the best for each other). Emmett and Rose live for each other (as do the others) but are complete different ends of the spectrum, valueing (spelling?) completely different qualities and have completely views on life, with completely different personalities, yet are drawn to each other in a bond that is irreversible.
Everyone always says that Rosalie would probably give up even Emmett to be human again - this may be true - but in MS, Edward makes the comment..hang on i'll find it..*Scratches around my file*..Hah! Found it!! :D

Edit: I'm sorry for this Carrie - just close your eyes for this! :o Or pretend you didn't read it.
When change came for one of us, it was a rare and permanent thing. I had seen it
happen with Carlisle, and then a decade later with Rosalie. Love had changed them in an
eternal way, a way that never faded.
So with that, I don't think she could leave him as easily as everyone says..She loves him more thatn words can describe and so does he. Both have been changed as much as the other, as much as Carlisle and Edward were, and tehy just have a different way of showing it to the others.

I don't think that actually answered the question, I couldn't find the right way to put my thoughts into words. if you don't understand any of it, give me a yell! :lol:

And three other people had posted before i c ould get this out...seriously girls! :lol:
And YAY!! Thanks for the promo Carrie! Now I can use my Wrecking Ball as much sa I want!! Muhahaha :twisted:
I vill capture Emmett when nobody is looking...hehe...vair vair sneakily...
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner