Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by skylarblue »

I have to admit that I loved the movie but there are parts that I didn't like and others that I enjoyed.

What I didn't like:
-While I know that the meadow was very important in the book, hope it was on screen didn't bother me. It was how Edward showed what happens to them in the sun. It was like "bam" shirt open, skin exposed and sparkles. No hesitation or anything. I was disappointed by that.
-Even though I loved all the "human's," I was upset that alot of the movie was Bella's interaction with them. From what I remember and I could be wrong but she wasn't really that overly friendly with them. I wish more time was spent on her and Edward.
-I was disturbed by how the makeup wasn't consistent. I noticed on my second viewing how Edward's neck wasn't done to match his face and sometime's he didn't even look all that pale. I think Kristen could have passed as a better vampire.
-Jasper just kind of creeped me out. The look on his face was actually disturbing to me.

What I did like:
-I loved Billy as Charlie. I think he made the movie for me. His reactions to everything was perfect.
-The cafeterial scene when the Cullen's were walking buy the windows. Perfect!
-The baseball scene was great. It showed how much the Cullen's enjoy each other and how much fun they have as a family.
-The Nomads: I loved it when they were walking and then they come out of the fog to break up the game. I think each one was cast well and they played their parts to a T.
-I enjoyed the ballet studio scene when Alice jumped on James and broke his neck. I just enjoyed the whole fighting scene between James and Edward.

Ambrosia-We have a local wine tasting here also and it's like a whole day event and it's the best. I haven't been in a couple of years and for someone who doesn't like wine at all. I have to say that local wine makers seem to have the best wine.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I thought the gloves were a bit strange as well.

This is just me being nit-picky but I remembered another part of the movie that irked me. I didn't like how Bella was kind of rude to Jessica and Angela in Port Angeles. She obviously didn't pay any attention to them or offer any real advice on their dresses like she did in the book. Then she ditched them to go look for that Quileute book which bothered me because she only flipped through a couple of pages in the book before getting the rest of her information online. I know she needed to separate from Jessica and Angela so she could get in trouble and Edward could save her and the bookstore was the best excuse, but at least use the book and show a tiny bit of interest in your friends while you're with them.

But on a good note, I know I mentioned Mike and Jessica before but I really loved all the humans. Even though Angela and Ben are so cute together in the books, Angela and Eric were a perfect match in the movie. They were both so adorable and sweet. And I always enjoyed Tyler in the book and I wasn't disappointed in the movie. When he swooped in and kissed Bella on the cheek in the cafeteria, I loved it. That was perfect.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

bac wrote:A highlight for me on my trip was meeting Nissanmama and Dimples. I am so happy I got to meet you.
Me too!! So glad you made it safely home and no one was left on the side of the road during the long drive home! No doubt I'll pick your brain some more while FS works his way through college and toward medical school. Now if we could just finish these dang applications!!! Frank aka the pillow goes bye bye this week, hopefully before he meets with the coaches from UofChicago and Bucknell who are coming to his high school specifically to speak to him. Coaches from Dennison and UofChicago called him at home last night.
LadyDi wrote:Okay, I'm all appreciative and emotional because I just finished Zarek's book as well as the Dark Hunter Christmas story with James Gallagher - it was that short story that was the first DH book to make me cry [or nearly cry - we have guests over right now and it'd be odd to have me shedding tears on the loveseat] - for those who have read the books, I think Simi is my favourite character).
Did I miss a short story somewhere??? I've read the first six books (Una - they're in the mail this week, I promise!) I love Simi too. I did her as a PSG a few weeks back. Simi I'm still searching, but from that same post, this was my first attempt at Acheron. I really liked Zarek's book. I'm plowing through The Sharking Knife series while I'm waiting for GNE to send me book #7. Someone on-line suggested a younger Harrison Ford as Dag. That one never even crossed my mind, but I suppose I could see it. Today though, I have to finish my book club read an prepare my review of it for -- Wednesday night. Nothing like staying right on top of things!

We decorated the tree last night after I won the battle of the lights. Grr! We drank hot white chocolate while we sang along with the Christmas music (got T-pa to turn off the football game and everything! :roll: ) PM me if you want the recipe. It's especially spectacular with home made chocolate marshmallows.

QOTD: The movie discussion is great...please continue!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

BlueStarlight wrote:
1. They only made-up his face; his neck and ears were not covered. There were several shots of him from the side or back, and I found it a tad distracting to see that the face didn't match the rest.
2. The make-up wasn't consistent. He looks too "human" during the kiss and Prom scenes...actually Bella looks paler than he does. It was during these times that I felt like I was watching Rob and Kristen, not Edward and Bella, because he didn't LOOK like pale Edward.

I noticed that too, BSL. I thought they really did a poor job with Edward and Carlisle's make-up. Carlisle looked like he could blend in with the clouds. LOL, seriously that's how pale he is. They were both very inconsistent. Maybe it had something to do with the lightening.

Destani, I noticed that too. She didn't barely looked at them while Jess and Angela tried on dresses. She just left so abruptly and went to the Bookstore. I didn't hear Edward growling at the guys at PA. I thought the sound was coming from the car. :lol:

There were some great additions:

1. I loved the "cap curtain" in the Cullen house.
2. Bella telling Edward to wear his seat belt when he asked her to distract him.
3. Edward reading the minds of the people at the resturant.
4. Of course SM's cameo. I spotted her in an instant.

What they changed that I didn't like:

1. I kept waiting for them to explain the Cullen crest, but that was never discussed.
2. I do miss Bella and Charlie eating at home and Bella cooking. I didn't get the sense that they were close or had their quiet close moments like the book.
3. There was absolutely no dazzling besides the brief minutes with Jessica and Angela. Bella didn't even seem to notice at all.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Your tree looks great, Nima! No worries, they'll get here when they get here! :D

My movie reactions are the same as what has been stated. It was better than I expected and in that I liked it. My hubby said he liked it as someone who has read the book, he thought it was good. I can forgive the special effects looking cheesy, they did what they could with the budget they had. In that, it was okay. Nothing will compare to the special effects my brain can do!

I was disappointed with some of Kristen's acting (my hubby's complaint is that she looked frumpy - how could Edward be attracted to someone who wasn't' stunning). There were parts that Bella should have cried, not just whimpered and looked upset but had TEARS running down her face. Rob's acting was okay, I think he captured the tortured part well and the goofy smile when they started dating seemed appropriate. I would have liked to see my smiling from Bella tho'.

I was blown over by how wonderful Charlie was! I fell in love with him! Plus, I really enjoyed the portrayal of the humans, Mike and the gang were great. I agree, Bella should have been warmer to them...being shy is not the same as being stand-offish.

I thought Rosalie did a great job as well as Emmett and Alice. I would have liked to see a little more of Carlisle and Esme. Although the make-up on the vamps could have been better (the facial skin tones should match the rest).
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Welcome to all the Guttermates!

Movie: Well, I 've seen it 3 times, loved it and will probably go again. I never had any expectations about it being just like the book so I wasn't disappointed and I'm easily entertained.

I will agree that the meadow scene could have been better. I think you have to see it more than once because I picked up a bunch of stuff I missed the first time around. Of course i may have to see it again since I didn't notice the make-up too much or Rosalies gloves. I hope they make the rest of the movies a 1/2 hour longer. it could have held it's own on that length. I do understand why they didn't make it more than 2 hours but too me it will really be rushed if they try to keep NM & Eclipse that short.

I was laughing at all the Jasper "holding his breath" comments because my girlfriend said he looked like he had just taken a toke. She said she kept waiting for him to exhale. Someone said he looked like Edward Scissorhands on another thread and I guess he did a couple of time. I think they (the vamps excluding the nomads and Bella) all looked a little stiff in the begining of the movie but then they seemed to relax in their roles toward the end. I've got to quit watching the interviews because Kristen seems to have this whatever attitude that really annoys me and then I have a hard time seeing her as Bella. Loved the baseball game.

Thank you Nima for the PSD. I've been missing that.

OT: Sorry to off topic but if any of you would like to PM and offer your opinion on SUV's I'd be soooo greatful. I think my head is going to pop. What I have in mind is the Honday Pilot or CR-V, GMC Envoy, or Mitsibutshi Endeavor. If you know anyone who has an 05 or 06 and you know anything about the reliabilty and gas mileage, let me know. I know they all get bad gas mileage but whats the rate. Thanks. *Mods please forgive me if I've overstepped my bounds and feel free to edit*.
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

I have only seen the movie once, but I am hoping to get to see it again this week. I have to say I did like it, but was disapointed with a few things. I loved the lion and lamb line in the book, but watching it on screen, it was just cheesey. The sparkling was a disapointment too, I guess I was expecting more, but I will have to watch it again to see if my opinion changes.

I loved loved loved Charlie!!! I loved how Charlie and Billy were trying to be hip! I laughed so much. I did like the humans more than I thought I would! Expessially Eric.

Bewitched: I knew there was somthing about Jaspers look that was familier, but couldn't put my finger on it, but when I read your post that said he looked like Edward Scissorhands, a light bulb went off and I said "Thats it!!".
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

I loved the movie! There were things that stood out for me:
The Graduation Caps I thought was ingenious
SM' cameo of course
When Edward and Bella finally had their coming out at school and Bella said "Everyones looking at us" and Edward responds" That guy did'nt look. oh wait he just did"
I thought Billy was great as Charlie, his reactions, facial expressions were perfect.
The music I thought was great and very well placed.
First sight was done exceptionally well
Did anyone notice Edward's car had Oregon plates?
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

Bewitched wrote: I've got to quit watching the interviews because Kristen seems to have this whatever attitude that really annoys me and then I have a hard time seeing her as Bella.
I completely agree Bewitched, I was watching several interviews with the cast on YouTube today and Kristen just came off like she didn't care at all about the role, and I almost felt like she felt above it. Now maybe that's not the case and she was just nervous, but I feel like she could have at made a bit of an effort to seem more enthused about everything. There are so many people who would love to have that role, and I just always wanted the cast to enjoy being a part of Twilight.

On a more positive note, I think that Taylor, Rachelle, Ashley in particular seemed to love having roles in the movie, and they were so enthusiastic in their interviews. I like that. I also think Rob interviews well. His accent just makes me go weak at the knees!

Vampmadness, I never noticed the Oregon plates! I'll have to watch for that the next time I see it. I'm surprised they would let something like that slip through the cracks.

How did everyone feel about the directing?

On other threads, it seems people have very strong opinions about Catherine, so I'm curious as to what everyone's feelings on that were. I think Catherine did a decent job; however, I, would like to see them pull in a new director for New Moon. I found the camera angles to be a bit distracting as well as all the extreme close ups on faces.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
Im_her_jasper
Settled in Forks

Post by Im_her_jasper »

Hi everyone! I'm inspired's husband and I couldn't let inspired have all the fun without me. For background, I slogged through Twilight, loved New Moon and Eclipse, and have spend 4 weeks stuck on the first chapter of Breaking Dawn. Guess you can tell I like the action over the romance. Such a guy 8-) Looking forward to some gutterish conversations and I'm so glad Vampman has another male on the thread. Talk to y'all soon!