Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified?
-Yes.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship?
-No.

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella.
-I was bustin' up at all his crossed out tries. I think is final response was very true and reasonable.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
-No.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?
-Not really.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

Yes, that's his little girl.
He's just being a dad. :lol:

Very much so.

I was rolling my eyes the entire time, I was like " HUH ? " at the crossed out parts, I didn't get it. Like WHY? would he leave that visible. It made him seem like a jerk to me, and also immature. :roll:

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
It was jealousy and her safety.

My dad gossips a lot, it's disturbing. :o
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

As a parent who watch his child go through sever pain, yes I think he was justified.

Nope, have never bought a guy to home.

He should have rewritten the letter on a different piece of paper because it seemed he wanted to hurt her. I just quickly read the book the first time, so I'll have to reread it.

A little because Bella wanted to talk to Jake and he was being a tad overprotective.

My dad gossip? My dad never has any of his company over to talk.
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

As much as I love Edward, yes I think they are. He really hurt her, left her broken into a million pieces. Charlie was helpless in its wake.

You have to have a relationship for your parents to disapprove. So, unfortunately, no. :P

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacob's message to Bella.
At first I thought they were harsh, but the more I thought about them, the more I realized they were reasonable. Of course it couldn't change anything... at least not right away. A huge change like this would take time, if time could make it better at all.

Yes. She had already spent a ton of time down there with a whole bunch of young wolves, I didn't really understand why it was so much different now. He was overbearing.

I don't really know.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
twilightcovvyyy
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightcovvyyy »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified? Yes, my father would be the same way. I mean parents always try to protect you from getting hurt and after the way Edward hurt Bella when he left (even though it was completely justifiable) he doesn't want that to happen again.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship? No, my parents trust my judgement but if they ever did disapprove of someone I would consider it.

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella. I really felt for him! I mean I understand that he's trying to make it easier for Bella and not push her into the middle of a huge war.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push? No, I think he was honestly just trying to protect her. I think he was being a little prejudiced but i think it was mostly to keep her safe

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women? Sometimes.
"I guess I could throw in a few extra homicides, if it makes Jasper happy!
ALICE ALL THE WAY
Settled in Forks
Location: gone shopping... till the next book or movie comes out

Post by ALICE ALL THE WAY »

#1- I think charlie is just thinking of how much pain edward caused her and wants to prevent that from happening again. on the other hand he does carry the grudge a little to far sometimes ,he should learn to trust his daughter or atleast i wish he was better at talking with her instead of to her.but then he wouldn't be charlie!

#2- yes,my dad did not think my husband was the one for me. thought he was from the wrong side of tracksand would not amount to anything. i listened to my heart and not my brain and im glad cause we have been together for 20 yrs now and i was only 16 when i knew it was true love,so it can happen. my dad is much better now that my jerry has been taking care of our family all these years.

#3- i think jacob didnt know how to talk to bella after all he was hurt and lonely.he was also confused about his own wolf problems.allthis for a 16 yr old to deal with rationally is next to impossible. i think he did ok for the way things were..

#4-i know he wanted to protect her but i think that just maybe part of the underlying reason was that he was worried about how close jacob was to bella.she did repeatedly tell edward how much she trusted jacoband that nothing would happen in lapush.maybe edward was pushing the jealousy issue without really knowing it till later.

#5-my dad gossips with his golf buddies about politics and sports and who knows....
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

i think so, as far as he knows he left his daughter lifeless and needs sometime to trust him again.

mmm, i guess but their just being parents i guess.

i felt so baaaaad for him...u could just feel his pain. i wish bella would of just let him go..best friend or not she was really hurting him by trying to be friends with him..something tht she knew wouldnt happen.

yes i do, i felt really mad and in my opinion there was a lil bit more to this then jacob just being a werewolf. i don't think they would of hurt bella..they might be unpredictable but edward is being a little hypocritical, he has to remember tht he's a vampire to and he andd his family could hurt bella too (her birthday party).

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women? lol..mybe
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
paige_allison_conley
Settled in Forks

Post by paige_allison_conley »

Yes, any respectable father would feel that way...it's just a bit of a nuisance since we all love Edward so darn much

Many times...and guess what? They were right EVERY time...hmmm....

I was just like "Awww..." and yes she should have just let him go...sometimes you just can't have your cake and eat it too...

Definitely...he may be the cat's meow...but he acts as if he OWNS Bella on that issue...

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women? not really...they just get drunk and play golf
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

Yes. Edward put Bella through hell in New Moon, and he has yet to try to talk to Charlie about this. Besides that, before New Moon, Edward has never really talked to Charlie one on one. Thus, I can see why he looks like some low life guy trying to play with Bella's feelings.

Yes they have about some of my friends. They never forbid me to hang out with them but they did say that they don't approve. Most of the time, they were right.

I thought that it was stupid that he couldn't erase or finish his sentences on the piece of paper. It seem like he was trying to make Bella feel guilty for choosing a 'bloodsucker' over him.

Yes. They explained in New Moon that Jacob has more control over him phrasing than the others since his grandfather was a werewolf. Also, Bella can make her own choices and being Bella's boyfriend does not give Edward the right to keep her from other male friends.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?.

um..no
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

As a parent, I would have to say yes. As a girl who was once 17/18 and in love... I have to say... But Daaaaaaad! I LOVE HIM!!!! lol

Heck I haven't had to ask my parents permission in so long........

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacob's message to Bella.
Ugh... I am by no means a Jacob hater, but Jacob knew thru the entire NM book that she still loved Edward. He should have also known if Edward were to come back she would choose Edward. I also agree with others, Bella needs shot. Leave Jacob in peace with a clean break so he can go on with his life instead of trying to keep close to him and continue to give him hope of winning her over.

No, while I truly do not believe that Jacob would have hurt Bella or allowed anyone else to hurt her, Edward would not know what was going on since 1)Alice's visions don't see the wolves and 2)Edward can't cross into Quileute territory. I do believe Edward was to an extent jealous and apprehensive because he was scared of losing Bella to Jacob.

umm... my dad's best friend IS an old woman... she is my mom! lol
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia