Shelfari and Good Reads

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Shelfari and Good Reads

Post by jenni_elyse »

nissanmama wrote:There are a TON of books I've read that I haven't bothered to review because I don't think it's fair if I haven't read them recently. I like to write about them while they're still fresh in my mind.
I'm the same way. I've only review books that I've read recently or that has stuck in my mind because it's one of my favorites. Eventually, I'll have to read all of the books on my shelf I don't have a review for, so I can review them. ;)
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Most of the books on my shelf have reviews because I recently read them or they are favorites that I know by heart. Those without reviews I liked but read so long ago that I don't want to write a poorly written review. Like Jenni, I need to reread it so I can review it. My goal as well is to have all my 'read' books reviewed. If you are looking for books, take a look at my shelf. It's not too terribly big. However, I do love looking at everyone else's shelves and seeing what they are reading. The reviews are incredibly helpful and I have a found a lot of great books that way. I have even clicked on friends of friends and found books. But I will say, if you know the person, it makes it easier to read the review and know if you might like it as well.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i have a shelfari account, but i just can't figure out how to use it. i know, i'm a dork. i have, like, a shelf and stuff, and i keep books on there, but thats about all i can do. :oops:
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Nima, are you saying I should create a second shelfari account and post my smutty books there or post my kiddies book there? Then again, if my shelf amuses even one person, I feel I've done my job.

I think Variety's reviewing policy (did you kow you had one?) matches mine. If I like it--I review it. If I hate--I review it.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I'm saying I have a second account for my smutty books because I run the book club at church and many of those sweet ladies would oust me if they knew I had other favorite books. :oops:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Oh! I see. Whew! I'm keeping my shelf the way it is then. Most of the folks I work with aren't literate enough to find Myspace much less Shelfari.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Oh! I see. Whew! I'm keeping my shelf the way it is then. Most of the folks I work with aren't literate enough to find Myspace much less Shelfari.
Goodness, and I thought I worked with a bunch of reading-phobs. I doubt anyone would see my myspace let alone my shelfari (except people here). But I don't think anyone I know would hold my reading against me, plus my reading list is SO eclectic.

Poor Nima, your secret is safe with us! :D
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

We've had several newcomers to the Lexicon since this page was last posted on. Many people have been asking about shelfari or have joined and are needing friends or book rec's. Perhaps scrolling through the pages will help.

Enjoy!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Yeay - I love this. I love suggestions. I might be requesting a few of your friendships. I have to work on my bookshelf. Some things are wrong... I want twilight on the first page like you all have it!!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
una

Post by una »

Some shelfari users are more diligent than others. I know I update mine every time I add a book to my "need to read list", in fact, I now keep it on shelfari. I update every time I finish a book, I love updating and adding to my shelfari. When I get in a rut, I check out others pages and see what they are reading/enjoying. I really enjoy using my shelfair, it's been really helpful for me.