Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by soozabooza54 »

I mean... if you're Summit, you want these to come out one a year and keep the publicity rolling. And it's even more important now that they don't get the added boost of the books coming out 4 months before the movies, ya know?
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

AHah. Sorry for the misunderstanding! xD

But the list of the cast members that had signed back on included his name. Was that something that wasnt OFFICIAL? Because I squealed in delight.

I really hope they don't take advantage of Twilight's popularity. :( That would be horrible.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Rob is signed on through three. I'm just wondering that if he only has to do X amount of work on New Moon if he can double up at the same time. *shrugs* Just something to ponder... :)
E<3B
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

soozabooza54 wrote:I mean... if you're Summit, you want these to come out one a year and keep the publicity rolling.
Definitely true. Sucks for the movies.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

soozabooza54 wrote:Yes. I'm saying April 09 for the DVD, Dec. 09 for New Moon (*crosses fingers and hopes really hard for 09*)
I disagree.

April is definitely overshooting it for the DVD. Late February probably and early March at the latest.

Edit:

Right, I forgot my logic on the DVD thing. Twilight is a cash cow but in reality most fans have seen it already. They might go again but after a couple months the grosses are going to drop and there is no point in keeping it in theaters when you'll get another instant gratification by putting it out on DVD soon.

It's not like most movies were a few people see it and then it gains popularity...

End Edit, haha :lol:

I'm really leaning towards early '10 for New Moon. I know, I know we all want it to happen asap but they are not shooting until march. Just to put things in perspective....

Twilight finished filming in March, I believe? So the original release date was Dec 12, I'm going to use that cause it really is a fluke that Twilight got moved up. So they gave themselves about 9 months to get the film together and out for theaters.

Now starting filming in March, which I think is rushing it anyway. So they have a script and half a cast but they will need that other half of the cast and all those new shooting locations need to be squared away. That stuff in it's self takes months, months, months and according to my calculations they have 3. :lol:

But of course if they say March I'll go by March.

This basically means filming won't end to...May at the EARLIEST. Now, hopefully New Moon will be bigger and badder then Twilight so it could be longer then that.

New Moon will have twice as much CG with the Wolves and hopefully revamped (ha, vamped) sparkle effect. Even if they decide they only need 9 months like with Twilight that's still February 2010. If they decide they wanna take more time on it...

There is just no way that movie is going to come out in 09. :?
Last edited by YourFavoriteAries on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I don't think they need the sparkle effect. Alice wore gloves in the car so her arm wouldn't sparkle in the sun then Bella saves Edward before he goes into the sun.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Awww buzzkill! Hahaha. I actually agree with you though, I'm just really hopeful for Christmas 09.

Twilight finished filming in late April, early May, and did some reshoots over the summer. I can see New Moon taking Twilight's original release date (12/12ish) at the earliest...

A lot of people have brought up that Kristen is now 18 and they don't have to worry and work around the restrictions about her age and working - but they forget that Taylor is only 16... boooo. Hahaha. :)

Also, I agree with above - they don't need sparkles in this one. Other than the wolves, there are actually very little special effects - the rest is just camera tricks and some stunts (Bella hurting herself, cliff diving, etc)
E<3B
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

soozabooza54 wrote:Awww buzzkill! Hahaha. I actually agree with you though, I'm just really hopeful for Christmas 09.

Twilight finished filming in late April, early May, and did some reshoots over the summer. I can see New Moon taking Twilight's original release date (12/12ish) at the earliest...

A lot of people have brought up that Kristen is now 18 and they don't have to worry and work around the restrictions about her age and working - but they forget that Taylor is only 16... boooo. Hahaha. :)

Also, I agree with above - they don't need sparkles in this one. Other than the wolves, there are actually very little special effects - the rest is just camera tricks and some stunts (Bella hurting herself, cliff diving, etc)
The wolves will take allot of time though, unless they use real wolves but I honestly can't see that happening. There's allot of green screening involved in that stuff to...

Doesn't Laurent sparkle in the Sun when he tries to kill Bella? And whats the fun if it's not in there at all?
:lol:

and yeah, Taylor still has to do 3 hours of school. What a pity when the rest of us need to do six :roll: :lol:
But yeah, that would get in the way....
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

IMO, they should try to keep most of the cast from the original, in pretty much ANY sequal they make.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

YourFavoriteAries wrote:
soozabooza54 wrote: and yeah, Taylor still has to do 3 hours of school. What a pity when the rest of us need to do six :roll: :lol:
But yeah, that would get in the way....

Actually Taylor is taking College courses now. HE got out of regular school because of My Own Worst Enemy. Doubt he'll go back because even if that series is over, New Moon is starting.

Hope they keep him!!! Summit better not do that to all the Taylor fans!!!