A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by LilyMorgana »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
I don't faint when I see blood or anything, but I'm not completely comfortable being around it too much. Especially when it's my own blood.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No, I realized that since the book had only just started, Bella would survive at least the first part. :)

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I think it depends on what junior you compare her with.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?

I thought it was different. Like, very different, but I jwas just happy about it. :)
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

nope, im fine( i think, i have never really been around a lot of blood)
2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
I wasn't afraid for Bella. I actuly thought it was kind of cute......I didn't think that Edward would hurt her......good thing i was right
3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I agree, i think she seems a little bit more mature than every one else her age in her grade
4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I think he is more open, and less dark? i don't have my book with me right now because i lent it out, so i can't reread it and tell you exacty what i think......sorry?
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

Sometimes, but not usually. I'm not generally a very queasy person, as long as I see the blood after the injury happens... but if I see the blood in the making, yeah, I'm pretty squeamish.

No, not at all. I didn't really even think about it... I was elated, just tickled pink about it. I was pretty sure that if Edward was confident enough to hold her, I had nothing to worry about. Especially at school.

Totally agree. She's old for her age.

He's very... determined. Determined to be happier, lighter, more comfortable. And when Edward is determined, we all know he follows through, so I liked it.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
dazzleme
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: At school, watching that pale guy with red brown hair... does he sparkle?

Post by dazzleme »

1. Actually, I do. Only sometimes. But, like right now, thinking about blood makes my stomach turn. So, yea, the smell kinda gets to me. And when I get near a lot of blood, my last meal might come back.

2. Well, in this chapter we didn't know Edward was a vampire yet, so I didn't think she was in danger. But, now that I know he's a vampire, I still don't think she was really in danger.

3. Yes. People have said the same thing to me, but I'm a teensy bit younger than a junior in high school. She is more selfless and thoughtful than most adults.

4. Again, yes. He opens up a bit.
Do I dazzle you?
Frequently.

E <3 B
E <3 ME!!!!!

Taylor Lautner-From shark to wolf
http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/story/ ... chapter=1/DONT ANSWER Q ON CHAP2
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

Yes sadly I do, thankfully I have gotten alot better since I've had a child, but the first I think 3 times they drew my blood when I was pregnant I passed out, other people's blood I am ok with though, it makes me queezy but nothing I can't handle.

No not at all, he seemed to be very careful with her and I also figured that if he was going to kill her he would've done so already.

I agree but I also saw what he meant about that statement he was trying to figure out what she was because she acted so unhuman sometimes. Edward seemed impressed ever so slightly about the blood thing that was funny.

I knew he had decided to stop avoiding her, and to let her know he liked her, I didn't think he liked her as much as she liked him though... :mrgreen:
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

Not really. I plan on being a E.R or O.R nurse in the future so, I don't think I would be wanting that job if I were uncomfortable with blood. (For example like working in Forks next to Dr. Carlisle Cullen? I'll take that! LOL)

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that there was blood around might endanger her?
No, I didn't think so. I knew Edward would save her. =) Such a sweetheart, isn't he?

Hmm, I agree. I seem to get the same. Though I'm a sophomore in high school, people I talk to over the internet (or some of my real friends) think that I seem to be older because of my vocabulary, intelligence, and opinions. (Thanks to my awesome home-schooling! Woot!)

That he was starting to get used to Bella and maybe even liking her. =)
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
twilight_fanpire
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilight_fanpire »

Sadly, yes I do. I do not like blood and when I see it I freak out. :P Not very fun. I also freak out when I see people getting needles.

nah, I knew he wouldn't hurt her. I thought it was cute. This is actually one of my favourite chapters because of this part.

I agree. I think that Bella is wise for her age. you can tell that she has lived a different life then others her age and she has gone through more things. She is more mature and responsible and isn't as selfish as others would be at her age. For example, she went to forks so that her mom could go with Phil. I don't know alot of people who would do that. Heck, I don't know if even I would do that.

I think the best way to explain it is that he seemed more comfortable with Bella. He was happier and more open.
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC,Inc.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.." <3 E<3B
Mrs.EdwardCullen17
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs.EdwardCullen17 »

Nope not really. I wanna be a doctor so...

Nope. I trust Edward. :]
Idk, some kids are really mature for their age. So, it depends on what you think a junior in HS acts like.
EDWARD IS PERFECT. :]
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnePerCentClub »

No, I don't have a problem at all.

Not at all.

I agree, she's very mature than the rest of the kids.

I thought he was being very protective of Bella, like he knew that sooner or later he wasn't going to be able to stay away from her .
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnePerCentClub »

No, I don't have a problem at all.

Not at all.

I agree, she's very mature than the rest of the kids.

I thought he was being very protective of Bella, like he knew that sooner or later he wasn't going to be able to stay away from her .