morethanmyownlife wrote:Did anyone notice that Billy was driving? Wasn't the whole point of him selling Bella his car was that he couldn't drive? Wasn't the whole point of Jacob being with him half the time was because he had to be the one to drive him? BIlly is also supposed to be incredibly overweight. Couldn't they have given him a body suit or something? My boyfriend even commented during the movie, hey that guy is in a wheel chair how was he just driving? It's the little things that count, and the little things that ruin a movie..
AngelYve83 wrote:Let me just say that I watched the movie two times and I still feel this movie was a complete hack job. This was not a good adaptation to the book many of us love so much. I get that they didn't have a big budget and couldn't fit the whole book into the movie, I get that. But without comparing it to the book I would have asked myself what was the point of this movie. I'm not even sure if I would have bothered reading the book after seeing the movie. So many things were wrong with this movie. I'm going to try and keep this short and simple.
- The added scenes with the nomads attacking the city of Forks really bothered me in so many ways. Of course in the book they do not get introduced until the last few chapters. The movie made it more suspense/action and I just felt Edward would have been a little more protective of Bella like in the other books if the city was in this type of danger.
- The romance build up between Bella and Edward bothered me so much because it was never there. Everything was rushed! It just seem like there was hardly a decent convo between the two and after the restaurant they cut the ride in the Volvo short by making Edward drop Bella off at the police station instead of her house. And the meadow scene was also a big disappointment because instead of it being Edward showing her his place he actually did looked like a derange stalker. It was also where the first kiss should have taken place not in her bedroom which was close to R rated in my opinion. That kissing scene made me upset because she was in her underwear which isn't Bella in the book and because they jumped in her bed as if they were about to do something else.
- I was really looking forward to seeing the Biology scene because it explains how Bella faints at the sight and smell of blood. But they cut that and added the field trip.
- The lack of the Cullens family and the connection they make with Bella bothered me so much. Especially how Bella and Alice becomes the best of friends at the end of the book. There was no insight on Carlise's history, Esme's suicide, not even Alice's connection to James! Oh and not even a mention on Jasper's abilities to control emotions. - I also noticed how Billy was driving the truck in the movie which didn't make sense at all. Someone in another forum was trying to give me this dumb excuse on how they make vehicles adaptable for handicap people. I understand that is possible, I'm not a moron. But the whole point was that he sold his truck because he could no longer drive and Jacob should have been doing the driving.
- They never showed how Bella was more mature for her age. She just seemed akward and boring.
I can't think of anything else right now. These were some of my biggest issues with the movie. I hate how jumpy it was especially when Edward finally talks to Bella during Biology and during that free time they had after they completed the assignment. It just all of a sudden jumps to them being out of class and Edward walking Bella to her locker and continuing their convo. This movie was just all wrong Catherine Hardwick and Melissa Rosenberg just did not connect with the story the same as we all did. In my opinion it never stayed true to the book which is what I kept hearing for months after month of promo and interview CH made. This was definitely a hit and miss. I couldn't help but have high hopes for this movie after all the hype and talks. Now that I've already heard Catherine Hardwicks idea for New Moon I can safely say I will not waste my money watching it because she already plans on butchering the story once again. Thanks a lot Summit for killing a great series! Sorry for the emotional rants everybody, I just had to get this off my chest. I feel much better now.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest