Origin ethnicity

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Emma Isabella
Settled in Forks

Re: Origen ethnicity

Post by Emma Isabella »

I'm Hispanic, born and raised in Puerto Rico... Go Boricuas!!! (That's what we call ourselves: Puertorricans or Boricuas.) The native indians that lived in our island before the Spanish colonization named our island Borinquen or Boriquén so that's why we proudly call ourselves "Boricuas". So in terms of our ethnicity,we can say that we're mixed becuase we all have Taino (indian), Spanish and African (slaves brought by the Spanish) blood in us. It's pretty cool!!! That's why in Puerto Rico we all look so different. You can find blond, blue eyed puertorricans as well as black, slightly tanned or even ones with indian features. Nice!!

Oops, Ok, I'll stop with my history lesson now, hehe. Got a little carried away... Sorry!! :D
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

Emma Isabella wrote:I'm Hispanic, born and raised in Puerto Rico... Go Boricuas!!! (That's what we call ourselves: Puertorricans or Boricuas.) The native indians that lived in our island before the Spanish colonization named our island Borinquen or Boriquén so that's why we proudly call ourselves "Boricuas". So in terms of our ethnicity,we can say that we're mixed becuase we all have Taino (indian), Spanish and African (slaves brought by the Spanish) blood in us. It's pretty cool!!! That's why in Puerto Rico we all look so different. You can find blond, blue eyed puertorricans as well as black, slightly tanned or even ones with indian features. Nice!!

Oops, Ok, I'll stop with my history lesson now, hehe. Got a little carried away... Sorry!! :D
I quite enjoyed the history lesson actually! :D

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

nightrunner wrote:im quite similar 2 u as far as physical appearance goes, im really pale but look less so coz im covered in tiny freckles, i have green eyes n my hair is actually red
You just described my mom... *goes to check what website mom is on*
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
Emma Isabella
Settled in Forks

Post by Emma Isabella »

Immy93 wrote:
Emma Isabella wrote:I'm Hispanic, born and raised in Puerto Rico... Go Boricuas!!! (That's what we call ourselves: Puertorricans or Boricuas.) The native indians that lived in our island before the Spanish colonization named our island Borinquen or Boriquén so that's why we proudly call ourselves "Boricuas". So in terms of our ethnicity,we can say that we're mixed becuase we all have Taino (indian), Spanish and African (slaves brought by the Spanish) blood in us. It's pretty cool!!! That's why in Puerto Rico we all look so different. You can find blond, blue eyed puertorricans as well as black, slightly tanned or even ones with indian features. Nice!!

xxx
:lol: Thanx Immy!!! Glad somebody did!! Nice to meet you,BTW. I'm Emma. Hope to see you round the boards!!
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

foolinthemoon wrote:
nightrunner wrote:im quite similar 2 u as far as physical appearance goes, im really pale but look less so coz im covered in tiny freckles, i have green eyes n my hair is actually red
You just described my mom... *goes to check what website mom is on*
nice i described my mum 2 coz we look identical
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

Emma Isabella wrote:
Immy93 wrote:

xxx
:lol: Thanx Immy!!! Glad somebody did!! Nice to meet you,BTW. I'm Emma. Hope to see you round the boards!!
Thanks! You'll probably see me around all the time! I'm getting kind of obsessed! :D Nice meeting you too!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

jaspercookie wrote:I'm split down the middle. I'm 50% Italian and 50% White Middle-Eastern ( I can never remember what country that is exactly, but my parents just said the we are not Arabs.) People ask me if I'm Spanish, but once I tell them my heritage, they go "OMG, you are a complete typical Italian." I guess I got more of the Italian side, although the two are pretty similar as far as physical features.
Oh, yes. I'm full Italian and I get asked if I'm Spanish all the time!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I am SO BAD at working out what country people are from (or their family is from) by their appearance.

I can basically tell what continent they're from - but I mix that up too. :?
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Imprinted-2912
Settled in Forks

Post by Imprinted-2912 »

Im half Macedonian and half Vietnamese
And i live in Australia...most people cant guess what I am either :)

xx
“ Oh my God I just had a dirty dream about you and your brothers!! My eyes...Edward my eyes.,...ew Jasper...oh god I took off his shirt and Emmett...ugh I can't even say what happened there! Ew...” - Bella

Family Therapy Cullen Style by vgjm
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

Black/White aka "Mulatto".

Somewhere in my family I KNOW I have Indian, but never interested in finding out what kind. I'm nothing special, but I luv me!

And I live in Florida.