Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by dimber »

I've just finishing reading the latest interview to Catherine Hardwicke - I can't post the link because it's translated in Italian but I'll try to find out where they took it from.
Anyway, Hardwicke, apart from underlining she hasn't signed yet, says something I was expecting...they're trying to find a way to take Edward on screen more than the book and show how miserable he was while away from Bella. They might also try to represent the voices as Bella's mental images of Edward...in this case they should find a trick to make them different from Alice's visions.

Nothing of what she says in the interviews is carved in stone but it's a good hint of what we should expect!!!

While I was writing I found the link of the interview in English:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

angelz429
Settled in Forks

Post by angelz429 »

so apparently there's going to be an eclipse & breaking dawn for sure as well...at least according to imdb and its coming out in 2012 & new moon in 2010 & breaking dawn in 2013
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

angelz429 wrote:so apparently there's going to be an eclipse & breaking dawn for sure as well...at least according to imdb and its coming out in 2012 & new moon in 2010 & breaking dawn in 2013
imdb always says that, but it's not official until summit sends out a statement.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

dimber wrote:I've just finishing reading the latest interview to Catherine Hardwicke - I can't post the link because it's translated in Italian but I'll try to find out where they took it from.
Anyway, Hardwicke, apart from underlining she hasn't signed yet, says something I was expecting...they're trying to find a way to take Edward on screen more than the book and show how miserable he was while away from Bella. They might also try to represent the voices as Bella's mental images of Edward...in this case they should find a trick to make them different from Alice's visions.

Nothing of what she says in the interviews is carved in stone but it's a good hint of what we should expect!!!

While I was writing I found the link of the interview in English:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
Oh, ack, I really, really, really, really, really hope they don't do that.

I love Edward. I adore Edward. It is miserable when he is gone. But if he's not gone, none of New Moon happens. The audience has to believe him, just as he had to make Bella believe him, so that when he is saved and returns to her, it's the big revelation and delight that it should be.

I honestly can't seem to get enough of Robert Pattinson (believe me, I'm trying, but there seem to be subliminal messages somewhere that fuel my obsession to seriously unhealthy levels) but I would much rather it stay true to the book and the emotions within than try to milk him for all he's worth.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

nafereti wrote:
navarre wrote:I understand what you are saying, and I know about that stupid script "Charlie's Angels" style, but Hardwicke still did not get the movie right. Too much was left out to make sense and the script was horrible!!!!
You can give a skeletal presentation of the book as in what we saw in Twilight, but if you leave out key points, like the Meadow scene which was the basis of this book to begin with and the essence which was first love, true love and the sarcasm and witty banter, then all you have is a empty and hollow vision wrought by the director and script writer.

Hardwicke should stick to her teen angst/skate boarding movies and they need to find a director and writer that truly understands vampire genre and this saga in particular.
Well yeah, I understand but you can't really place all the blame on her. When it comes to making a book into a movie, things are going to get cut out. Her budget wasn't that big to start off with anyway, and so (I believe) that aspect played a big role in the production of the movie.

Plus a lot of books that are made into a movie never fully justify the book. I think the worst book that was made into a movie was Blood and Chocolate. What a disappointment! I had refuse to watch it since it was wayyy off the plot of the story.

So I'm just thankful Twilight was not like that...LOL
Well, then now you understand how I felt about Twilight - it equals your disappointment in Blood & Chocolate. I know that the budget played a huge part in this movie, but one could have still made sure that at least the meadow scene was done in it's entirety at the expense of some of the useless dialogue and scenes that did not even have anything to do with the book.

Masayume, I do not feel some of us were uninformed of C. Hardwicke or her ability - in truth it was she who was and is uniformed of the story. If she had been more aware, I think that the movie would have been better.
I am sure she is a fine director but only in indie/underground. That does not necessarily translate to other genre's as exhibited in Twilight. She missed the core of Twilight, if she gets New Moon, I hope she'll do great, trust me I would like to be proven wrong.

I would love for them to get any one of the directors from "Moonlight" to do this movie, they understood the genre, because Moonlight was about a vampire in love with a human and you could feel the emotions and suspense that ensued every week and the script was whip-smart.

But, we each have our own views and this is were mine and yours depart - radically. That's cool with me. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

navarre - I SO AGREE. i mean i loved the movie and everything. But Catherine, well this i definitely not the project for her. i think she needs to be replaced, maybe the screenwriter too.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

The screenwriter is signed up until Eclipse. They could possibly get a new one for Breaking Dawn, but we will have Melissa for New Moon and Eclipse. In fact, she's already finished the first draft of the script.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

I'm so glad they are defintly making New Moon and Eclipse! Hopefully there will be a Breaking Dawn-even if's dones in two parts!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

navarre wrote:Well, then now you understand how I felt about Twilight - it equals your disappointment in Blood & Chocolate. I know that the budget played a huge part in this movie, but one could have still made sure that at least the meadow scene was done in it's entirety at the expense of some of the useless dialogue and scenes that did not even have anything to do with the book.

She missed the core of Twilight, if she gets New Moon, I hope she'll do great, trust me I would like to be proven wrong.
Navarre we totally agree. I really truly hope she doesn't miss the core of New Moon. I would think it can only go up from here (since they've made such a profit), but Summit sounds unsure about their expenditure. :?
I would LOVE to be proven wrong... the damage is done for the first movie no matter how good the rest are, but at least they can redeem Twilight.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I hope they don't put in more Edward. New Moon is suppose to be depressing when he's gone. Plus they have to build the Jacob/Bella friendship and there's an awful lot of action in the middle of the book w/o Edward. Port Angeles w/ Angela, Motorcycles, Movie with Mike and Jacob, Jacob phasing into a wolf, Laurent getting killed by the pack, cliff diving, Harry dying, then Alice and Rosalie's phone call to Edward.

It'll be more climactic and amazing if Edward was FINALLY seen at 12 noon by the clock tower. Sure they can have his voice when Bella is hearing it during her stunts but not seeing him is the key for the story and the audience reaction!!