A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 12 - Balancing

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?
Jacob likes Bella. I don't think he fallen in love with her or anything yet. But he still likes her. Billy cares for Bella, and just wants her to be careful.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
He is use to living on his own. Doesn't really need anyone to take care of him. And thats kind of how Bella is. She always took care of Renee. She is use to doing things for herself.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
He probably didn't want to sound too nosey the first day. Get to know her personality a little bit more before he asks questions about her family.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
Bella is known for being kind of a clutz. She likes to fall a lot, and trouble just seems to follow her. He just wants her to be careful with what she does.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?[/b
]They both really want her to be safe like very safe. Jacob on the other hand kind has a cruch on her
2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
they can both be by alone. Charline was alone for a long time so he can live with it. I think Bella gets it from him.
3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
He might have wanted to know about the past boyfriends and tried to work up to that question. But askeing her about what she likes is a little step and asking about faily is a nother step.
4. Why do you think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
I think he doesn't trust bella on her own. She might fall or something whe he isn't there.
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

They obviously like her and already treat her like family... although, Jacob might be thinking of an entirely different part of the family than Billy. Poor Jake.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
Well, neither of them are very verbose, for one. I mean, Bella can talk once she starts and has something on her mind, but she has never felt the need to fill a silence. They're both clumsy. Neither of them like being in the center of the spotlight (which can really be said with any klutz...).

They take a little more time to come up with the answer, a little more patience to listen to. And I'm sure he was all kinds of prepared to have to deal with a small amount of pain as she talked about her old boyfriends.

She gets in a lot of trouble and it just makes him very anxious to be away from her, where he can't see her or save her.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

Billy is worried for her, Jacob seems to have a slight crush on her but just wants to be friends.

They are both quiet, stubborn, and easy going for the most part.

because those are more personal questions and I think he was afraid to ask the boyfriend questions, afraid of the response.

because she's a danger magnet and he wants her to know he cares about what happens to her.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

Billy feels like Bella is one of his children. He wants to protect her and let her know that her choice by choosing to be with Edward isn't "safe". Yeah right buddy! LOL
Jacob really likes Bella, that I know. I think in Twilight he feels she likes him since she flirted with him at the beach. That flirting really did it. =P

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They like doing their own thing and not really communicative to each other.

Maybe he wanted to warm up before those questions. ;)

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe"?
He knows that Bella is very clumsy and, since he would be hunting, he wanted to make sure she tried her best to watch what she did.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I think Billy sees both Charlie and Bella as a part of his family. Jacob's feelings for Bella are different, of course. Jacob has a crush on her. :lol:

As she said, they both don't need too much people around them. They also don't feel the need to express their every thought of feeling. Another thing they have in common is the ability to love others stongly.

Like it has been said above me, those questions are more personal and more complex to answer for Bella. I imagine Edward tried to make her feel more comfortable before 'attacking' her with those questions. Also, the boyfriend thing might've been something he wasn't sure he wanted to know about?

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe"?
To make all readers fall in love with him. :lol: I thought it was a normal thing to say in English, but if it isn't then I guess it really is because she's so unhandy and he just wants her to be safe during his absence.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
xsundaybestx
Settled in Forks

Post by xsundaybestx »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella? Billy is worried because he knows the truth, and Jacob has a crush on her.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike? Shy, simple, content being alone.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning? He was probably curious on her relationship past.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe". It is Bella we're talking about.
Team Vampire.
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Billy is worried about her because he knows the truth about Edward, Jacob has a crush on her and he's jealous of Edward.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike? Shy, simple, happier being alone.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning? They are the more personal questions, he was working his way up to them.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe". Bella's prone to danger.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella? They both care for her, and of course Jacob has a crush.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike? They don't need people around them, they can be alone.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning? Boyfriends because he's nervous about that, and family just so he could get more detail instead of adding in stuff about various random stuff.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe". Because she gets into a lot of trouble and he can't have her do that-he would be depressed forever. No, tortured forever.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

Billy likes Bella he thinks she;s a good kid and also she is his friends daughter and he has seen her grow up so he feel's concern for her well being. Jacob has a crush on Bella so there's nothing more to say on that score.

They a re both very private about their personal lives, they like to have their own space and not have to talk out of courtesy. they are both caring , loving people they just don't show it that much specially towards each other. I think they like to give and not to take, that's why Charlie is a police officer 'To protect and serve' that is Bella's and Charlie's motto.

Because he wanted to live the important stuff for last. He wants to know every detail of her life before him. He knows her family is an important part of her life and wants her to take her time explaining everything to him and about the boyfriends even though it would probably make him jealous he still wants to know about them and how she felt.

Because he wanted her to be safe and he knew that she didn't like it when he told her to be careful. So this was just another way to tell her to be safe without saying it out loud.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!