Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
faith1924
Settled in Forks

Re: Renesmee

Post by faith1924 »

I'd like to express my opinion to all those who feel that Nessie was brought into the storyline too soon and feel she's a minor charactor who was for mostly plot purpose.
First of all, due to the fact that SM made the decision Breaking Dawn was the last book in the series she was going to do in Bella's point of view, this was the only opportunity she could have brought Nessie into the story and have Bella still turned into a vampire in this book. Bella had to get pregnant and have a child before she was turned into a vampire or else there would have been no chance to write that into the story, believable anyway.

In Breaking Dawn Nessie does come off as a minor character mainly for plot purposes without becoming a 3-dimensional character, but I read on SM's site that in the beginning (Twilight) Jacob was only meant to be a minor character for plot purpose (so bella could hear the legends and figure out Edward was a vampire).

Jacob then took on a life of his own and became a very important and main character of the story in the books that followed. I feel in BD, Nessie was for plot purpose as well as a necessity at the time if she was going to be added to the story, but if SM continues the story as I hope she does Nessie may become more essential to the story and allow us to see Bella, Edward, and Jacob in more depth then we have so far.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Just to be clear, I do love Renesmee now. At first, though, I did not like the idea of this child AT ALL. She was killing Bella, after all. I was in complete agreement with Edward about practically everything (except for asking Jake to have sex with her - what was that about?!). Getting rid of the "thing," I agreed. I saw no good coming from Bella having a baby at this point. But when Edward told Bella that Renesmee loved her, and he began to warm up to the idea of the baby, I did too. Nessie was trying to stop hurting Bella and I started ot fall in love with her (as everyone eventually does). But after all the stress of Book 2, I welcomed Renesmee into the Cullen family. :D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

faith1924 wrote:I'd like to express my opinion to all those who feel that Nessie was brought into the storyline too soon and feel she's a minor charactor who was for mostly plot purpose.
First of all, due to the fact that SM made the decision Breaking Dawn was the last book in the series she was going to do in Bella's point of view, this was the only opportunity she could have brought Nessie into the story and have Bella still turned into a vampire in this book. Bella had to get pregnant and have a child before she was turned into a vampire or else there would have been no chance to write that into the story, believable anyway.

In Breaking Dawn Nessie does come off as a minor character mainly for plot purposes without becoming a 3-dimensional character, but I read on SM's site that in the beginning (Twilight) Jacob was only meant to be a minor character for plot purpose (so bella could hear the legends and figure out Edward was a vampire).

Jacob then took on a life of his own and became a very important and main character of the story in the books that followed. I feel in BD, Nessie was for plot purpose as well as a necessity at the time if she was going to be added to the story, but if SM continues the story as I hope she does Nessie may become more essential to the story and allow us to see Bella, Edward, and Jacob in more depth then we have so far.
The thing is Nessie was VERY central to the story. She wasn't just "Oh no, Bella needs to realize Edwards a vamp how do I do that...?".

The entire book from the time Bella realized she was preggers revolved around Nessie. Everything...
So if a character is going to be THAT much at the root of everything they can be a bit more rounded.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

Nikkinik wrote:It upsets me when people say they found Renesmee annoying or useless. I think she's a wonderful character and she's so interesting with her abilites as well as her physical traits. She also brings out the best in every character, in a way. The way she makes everyone's hearts melt is just too darn cute. :D
Yes, you think the exact same thing as me! I find her a real interesting character, especially her ability. I think it is really cool and cute that she can show people what she is thinking. Also that she will stop growing at a certain time (I think it was 150 years?), and then will be able to live forever with the rest of her family. (:
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
iamcocobanana
Settled in Forks

Post by iamcocobanana »

I love Nessie. She's so adorable.
I didn't like how people didn't like the outcome when Bella got pregnant. Stephenie Meyer chose this and if you didn't like it then you're not a true obsessed fan like the rest of us.
She's not the first of her kind

And like how she's a great hunter while still being a baby. Super smart baby. haha
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

Nessie is so cute and adorable! At first when she was still a fetus I didn't like her because of what she was doing to Bella but once she was born and we learned more about her that all changed. :D
bellathepoledancer
Settled in Forks

Post by bellathepoledancer »

I love Nessie! I think she is adorable and I like how Jake imprinted on her, too! It's so cute! :D
Tatianyah
Settled in Forks

Post by Tatianyah »

Oh my goodness when Renesmee was in Bella I absolutely hated her because she was hurting poor Bella! And I thought Rosalie was being selfish by protecting the baby while bella was dieing. But once she was born I fell inlove with her and I relized that she actually completed the Cullen family.

I sooo predicted that Jacob would imprint on her once I realized Renesmee was a girl!! :mrgreen:
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

Tatianyah wrote:Oh my goodness when Renesmee was in Bella I absolutely hated her because she was hurting poor Bella! And I thought Rosalie was being selfish by protecting the baby while bella was dieing. But once she was born I fell inlove with her and I relized that she actually completed the Cullen family.

I sooo predicted that Jacob would imprint on her once I realized Renesmee was a girl!! :mrgreen:
I feel the exact same way! She completes the Cullen family. I also didn't like the "fetus" when she was inside Bella, but once I got to know her, I thought she was the cutest!! (:
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

iamcocobanana wrote:I love Nessie. She's so adorable.
I didn't like how people didn't like the outcome when Bella got pregnant. Stephenie Meyer chose this and if you didn't like it then you're not a true obsessed fan like the rest of us.
She's not the first of her kind

And like how she's a great hunter while still being a baby. Super smart baby. haha
I don't think that's fair at all. I personally did like Renesemee but it's just rude to say that those who didn't aren't "true obsessed fans". Not all of Steph's fans are going to like every single thing she does, says, and writes. Life just doesn't work that way but it doesn't make them less valuable as fans.

It's like a band releases a new CD that you aren't to happy with. That all of a sudden means you aren't a fan? No, that's being ridiculous.

And it's not like we all knew about the Other half breads until the last what, 30 pages of the book?
:lol:
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet