1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
When there were no more street lights, and she figured out they were "herding" her. I had no idea that Edward was going to show up, but even though it didn't say who it was at first, i knew who it was.
2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I knew there was something going on, but i wasn't afraid of him. Because he had saved her, so i figured, he couldn't be all thta bad, right?
3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I was surprised, but I think Edward thought Bella would probably figure it out anyway. Which she did. I would never have guessed that was his secret, unless i read Midnight Sun first. Seeing as it isn't even out yet...
4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
Because her mind is very private, like it says. Also, because she's such an independent person. She takes care of Charlie, takes care of Renee. Plus Renee is always saying about how she's like a forty year old, maturity wise.
She doesn't like people getting into her head, because she's very shy, at first, also.
5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
I though t he was being slightly overprotective, but now that i know his reasons, it doesn't seem that way to me.
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward
"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."