Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alice_Jazz_17
Settled in Forks

Re: If a vampire bit a soul...

Post by Alice_Jazz_17 »

Okay just because this is intersting... I think it would be kind of strange to see what the eyes would look like... hmmmm..... but umms is it just me or do you think the soul would die? I think that could happen... because like... Ughhhh I don't know how to explain this!! Anyone wanna take a stab at this? :? Oi.. kind of difficult to think about... even if I enjoy thinking over a lot of stuff.... hmmmm *Thinking spree!!!!!*
ImageBored... Bored... Bored... Bored... Oooooh shiny thing.... ooooh! *runs and grabs it and then runs away with it* You will never get it back...
Lady_Loraella
Settled in Forks

Post by Lady_Loraella »

Wow, their eyes would be weird... Lol it doesn't even have to be black with a silver glint. Wouldn't it be weird if it got switched and was like silver with a black glint, or something? Dun, dun, duuun.... I don't think the soul would die, you'd just have like another voice in your head. Hahahaha...
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosanesmee »

Yeah, I agree with, well everyone it seems, the eyes would be so creepy. But cool at the same time.

I don't know, I mean would vampire venom do the same thing to a soul as it does a human? Maybe the soul wouldn't be able to take the venom and just die.

Since the transformation takes three days I think a few souls would just kill themselves - and their host - seeing as they would have no idea what was going on and the pain would be unbearable.

Would the soul be able to be removed from the host after the transformation, I mean the only thing strong enough to break through the skin would be another vampires teeth, or a shape-shifter/werewolf's. Hmmm...

I wonder what Wanda would do? I think she'd be strong enough to last through the pain.
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Rosanesmee wrote:Yeah, I agree with, well everyone it seems, the eyes would be so creepy. But cool at the same time.

I don't know, I mean would vampire venom do the same thing to a soul as it does a human? Maybe the soul wouldn't be able to take the venom and just die.

Since the transformation takes three days I think a few souls would just kill themselves - and their host - seeing as they would have no idea what was going on and the pain would be unbearable.

Would the soul be able to be removed from the host after the transformation, I mean the only thing strong enough to break through the skin would be another vampires teeth, or a shape-shifter/werewolf's. Hmmm...

I wonder what Wanda would do? I think she'd be strong enough to last through the pain.
I think this is what I was trying to get at. At least the killing themselves thing. I believe that the souls, once they realized their fate, would be disgusted by the vampire lifestyle and automatically do the razor slice thing that Wanda saw happen in Doc's "operating room". I'm almost positive they would do this, killing themselves and their human host, if they were conscious of their fate. If not, they would just think it was an incredibly bad sickness and just be very confused until they either killed themselves, or were fully changed. If they happen to allow the pain to continue and find themselves as newborn vampires, I think they would be disgusted and try to do the razor slicey killing thing but wouldn't be able to because of the new vampire body....hmmm, I'm thinking about this way too much....
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

Maybe the venm would be poison to them, like with the wolves. Because if the reason it was poisonous was that they weren't fully human, like Bella worries about when they consider changing Nessie, then they aren't fully human either. Except it's the mind, not the body, that's different. Or if they did survive, I don't think they would feel thirst . . . because its a souls mind.

But then again they do feel human's emotions . . .

What happens if a vampire bites an animal but doesn't kill them? (like a mountain lion or elk or something) It's kind of off topic, but still . . .
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
cedwardrox

Post by cedwardrox »

The eyes would be really weird. I really have no idea what would happen. I'm not sure if a soul would be able to survive very long if a vampire bit them. I have no clue what would happen. MMaybe the Soul would ... I don't know!!! :!: :?:

E<3B Add to your posts if you're Team Edward!!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
Kim-Kate
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kim-Kate »

I kind of have a feeling that if the soul doesn't commit suicide before the transformation is complete, then they're kind of stuck there for all eternity. Once the transformation is complete, it's too late to do the whole suicide thing, and a vampire's skin is too hard for them to be taken out, so I think they're stuck.
me: "So what does that make me?"
my friend: "A preppy, demi-goth nerd."
me: "That is such a paradox."

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it" -Anonymous
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Hmm.. would that even be possible?? You mean if a soul was inside of a human? That would be odd... I cant even imagine it... Might have an interesting effect on the human body.
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I think that if a soul tried to enter a vampire body the venom in the vamp will destroy the soul. But if the soul is in a human body and a vampire bites them then they either quickly escape and leave the host body dead or not be able to leave since its stuck. Or maybe the bite will have no effect of the soul whatsoever..hmm i think this question should be asked to SM.
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

LoveMeSomeEdward wrote:I think that if a soul tried to enter a vampire body the venom in the vamp will destroy the soul. But if the soul is in a human body and a vampire bites them then they either quickly escape and leave the host body dead or not be able to leave since its stuck. Or maybe the bite will have no effect of the soul whatsoever..hmm i think this question should be asked to SM.
YEH i like the idea it might not hurt the host... like it would turn the human body into the vampire but not the host who knows!!!
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata