Twilight and Beauty and the Beast

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Twilight and Beauty and the Beast

Post by Pel »

I was watching Beauty and the Beast the other day, and I, and I'm totally crazy, seemed to think that they were kind of similar. The obvious being Belle and Bella a)pretty much being the same name and b) that they look kind of similar (Other than Belle being animated) The not so obvious being that Belle brings the Beast back to being human and Bella bringing out Edward's human side.

I'm crazy, I know.

Any other similarities? Opinions?
AnaBanana
Wandering Through Town
Location: Stuck in a deadbeat town in the middle of nowhere...

Re: Twilight and Beauty and the Beast

Post by AnaBanana »

I agree...

Belle and Bella/Edward and the Beast have a lot in common, too.

Belle/a: loves to read, doesn't really fit in, only child, lives with her father, has unwanted attention from "popular" guy, fell for someone "bad" for her.
Edward/Beast: preferred being alone until he fell in love, didn't see any good in himself, unruly hair (haha, sorry I couldn't resist... :D )
These volent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.

~Romeo & Juliet
Macy!
Learning to Love Green

Post by Macy! »

Oh, and Edward and the Beast both live in insanely huge houses! :lol:
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

Edward/ Beast: Belle/ Bella draws them out, they are both kind of very private people until these two girls show up in their lives.
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I think Bella does not look like Belle. Maybe it's because I always thought Belle was so pretty. They both share other similarities like love of books and family and being different and the love they bring out of the men they care for.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Krystina the Alien »

I agree with Pel on this. This also could explain my obsession with Twilight, since Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite Disney movie since forever.

The only thing that really doesn't seem similar is when Belle is taken prisoner with the Beast, she doesn't want to be there. Bella always had this secret obsession and love for Edward.
Image <--click this
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I love this! I hadn't ever thought of this ( I don't know why not though). I think I am crazy because I find Twilight connections in everything, even Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants II, and I already know there is another thread that is more appropriate for. I love the comparison of Belle to Bella and even the comparison of Beast to Edward. In my mind I do see Belle as looking similar to Bella and I love the fact that they both love to read and see a deeper meaning in things. They can both find beauty that is not so evident. I need to go home and watch Beauty and the Beast again now!
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

Hm. Weird, I was just watching Beauty & the Beast couple of days ago.

I totally agree with everything that has been mentioned here.
Beast is totally relatable to Edward, I mean, the guy pretty much feels he's a 'freak' or whatever you may call it. The fact that Edward could read minds, he finds himself so much of a freak already. And then there's also the part how at first, the Beast was being mean/threatening to Belle. Edward's kind of the same thing, although he kept it to himself. Like, the first time Bella sits next to him in their Biology class, Edward stayed away from her as possible, and Bella took that in a way as if he wanted to kill her or something.

Another thing relatable would be the whole 'keeping the secret' thing. For Beast, he made it forbidden for Belle to go to the west wing, and for Edward, he didn't want to tell Bella in the beginning what or who he was. It's really interesting, there were so much similarities in the story.

Oh, and another thing. Belle lived with her father. Bella lives with Charlie.
Yeah, that's all I could point out for now.
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I actually noticed the same things Pel pointed out about a week ago when my little sister was watching it.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

*sigh of relief* I thought I was the only one that saw these connections! I went and saw the play about a month ago and the whole time I was relating it to Twilight!

You know how in Beauty in the Beast theres that part where the Beast lets Belle go even though he loves her and is convinced she wont come back? That was equivalent to Nm for me, and the dinner scene in BATB is equivalent to ch. 15 of Twilight, then the wedding in BD is totally like the big dance number at the end of the movie!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd